• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter - $100k; already in dev, mid-2015 release, PC only

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

A practical question I can think of which we would all be interested in is for them to list some actual examples of stuff in Hong Kong which would not have been possible if they were still supporting both mobile and PC for the game. Now that the game is actually coming out, hopefully they'll be able to expand on that. :)

Lime

That interview is in October actually, this one is for Hong Kong only.

Cool, looking forward to that interview then :)

If anything, you can ask them what their plans are with the Shadowrun franchise, since they will be focusing on Necropolis, Golem Arcana, and Battletech. More campaigns incoming in the future or...?

JC Sera

Right, so I got an interview slated with Harebrained Schemes in a couple of days and it seemed like a good idea to ask this thread if they had questions they wished to pass along?
Who is your favourite companion in Dragonfall and why is it Glory /s

heres a couple:
  • how was the process of researching hong kong different to germany?
  • which character was the most interesting to write?
  • what was it like revamping the matrix?
  • were you surprised you reached all your stretch goals?
  • was there any half-idea that wasn't "big" enough to be a stretch goal, but you really wanted to put it in the game? Did you end up putting it in the game?
  • Do you plan on serialising the Shadowrun series any further?
  • If so, where would you like to go next?

kiyoaki

how was the process of researching hong kong different to germany?
Do you plan on serialising the Shadowrun series any further?
If so, where would you like to go next?
Second these three. To expand a bit on the first one, HBS said in an earlier interview that they were working with Hong Kong residents and sinologists to flesh out the setting. How did that cooperation work out?

Second these three. To expand a bit on the first one, HBS said in an earlier interview that they were working with Hong Kong residents and sinologists to flesh out the setting. How did that cooperation work out?

I'm really interested in hearing this actually.

• Who was the character that was the most fun to write for in Hong Kong?
  • Any future plans for doing more Shadowrun games?

Come on Shadowrun: London!

GavinUK86

YHe2uBQ.png

That's good news.

What do people think of the last one, Whistleblower? That's one loud, hectic track.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Shard ask them if they have been thinking about setting a game in Africa or one of the Native American Nations.

cabot

I'm glad it wasn't just me then, the original soundtracks were awful quality on BackerKit, the ones supplied with the game itself were decent but not tagged.

New one in 128kbit as well smh. Jon Everist should be pushing those 320/V0/FLACs!

kiyoaki

YHe2uBQ.png

That's good news.

What do people think of the last one, Whistleblower? That's one loud, hectic track.
It's several other tracks scrambled into a new one (e.g., you can hear track 7 ('Heio') in there). At first I thought it was supposed to be avantgarde noise rock or something, now I think it's some kind of mistake on HBS's part. It will probably get cleaned up when we get the improved sound files.

Technical issues aside, the OST is so damn good that I had to order the signed CD version even before playing the game. My favorite tracks so far are Exit Stage Left and Take Cover.

kiyoaki

An interaction... but not a deal? Never a deal.
In Dragonfall, at the very end,
I definitely made a deal with a dragon.

I just realized I have an additional GOG key for Hong Kong from my backer rewards. Anyone interested in trading another GOG or Steam key for this, please send me a PM (ideally, I'm interested in older RPGs and strategy games for Mac).

In between GAF dying I am surfing the Steam store, and lo and behold SR: Hong Kong is there.

It's sorta weird, honestly...

A bizarre thing to point out, since this is from Shadowrun: Hong Kong's store page.

There aren't any reviews for that yet.

You've never seen a "praise for other works by this author" section in a book?

Been shooting up Seattle orc gang bars a bit on the Sega while waiting for Hong Kong
Now it's time to relax in the pool, enjoy a wiz cup of soykaf haha, wait and prepare...
As the lure of a quick payday draws us from Seattle into the neon glow of Victoria Harbor…A land of bright lights, gleaming towers, and restless spirits where life is cheap and everything is for sale... And, into a corporate conspiracy nearly thirty years in the making.

cj_iwakura

Front runners:

• Dragons Fall, Triads Rise
  • Where The Triads Are Run By Real Dragons
  • Sleeping Dragons
  • Kowloon Walled Deckers
  • Mobility Only Slows Us Down
  • A Conspiracy 30 Years In The Making

AColdDay

Right, so I got an interview slated with Harebrained Schemes in a couple of days and it seemed like a good idea to ask this thread if they had questions they wished to pass along?

Do they ever plan on letting modders add custom character models or music to their campaigns?

Shadowrun: Hong Kong |OT| Enter The Matrix
Shadowrun: Hong Kong |OT| So Give Me Soykaf & TV

I like the Dragons fall, Triads rise one.

Still waiting for my backer key. Hope it arrives in time or else I'll have to buy again.

Kvik

Thursday release is the best, since it means it will be Friday already where I live. By the time I finish work, dinner etc. the weekend has started which means at least a 6 solid hours of Shadowrunning :)

Miletius

Busy weekend for me, but I'm gonna create a character at least. This time I'm thinking full CHA Shaman, with no quickness, just a ton of body to get that HP pool sky high.

So far I've done across all games:

Decker/Rigger
Street Samurai
Phys Adept (Katanas)/Mage

so a Shaman seems like the next logical choice.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My, my, quite a few questions here already, I do hope I can get to all of them, time constraints and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom