• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter - $100k; already in dev, mid-2015 release, PC only

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

Quick question guys, I see this is available on Mac and PC. Are either GoG or Steam doing a buy one version get the other free thingy?

Have a gaming PC at home but use a Mac at work. Playing it on the Mac aint a priority but it would be nice to have that option without buy it again.

Would prefer to buy from GoG. So, does GoG work like that?

Both stores just sell the game straight up and then let you download, and redownload, on any and all platforms you wish.

With Steam you might be able to share the cloud save between versions (not all games support this) but I'm not sure if GoG Galaxy does that.

louiedog

Cloud saves would be nice but I think I prefer the non DRM version.

Thanks guys, GoG it is then.

I was going to recommend the Humble version because you'd get it DRM free and on Steam, but it looks like they only have Steam keys.

They sold DRM-free versions of the previous two games, so maybe they'll add it, but right now it's not an option.

It wouldn't hurt to ask them, but there isn't much time left on that pre-order discount.

Xeteh

I can answer this one, 10 AM PDT.

Damn, was hoping to play some at midnight.

Can't wait for this. I missed my chance to back it but at least I got it preordered. I've had a blast with both Returns and Dragonfall... just replayed through the latter last week.

On the Dragonfall note, were there any custom campaigns worth playing for it? I tried a couple but they all felt kind of weak so I didn't last very long in any of them.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I am also super hyped for this. I didn't catch Dragonfall until well after release, but holy cow that was good. If this is as good as that, we are all in for a an amazing treat.

On the Dragonfall note, were there any custom campaigns worth playing for it? I tried a couple but they all felt kind of weak so I didn't last very long in any of them.

I only played Random Access Memories and Darkness Falls. They were pretty solid little adventures but not great. I hear good things about Shadowrun Unlimited though, no real story but a LOT of runs to do.

edit: If you own Shadowrun Returns make sure you grab "Nightmare Harvest" and "From the Shadows, Run". I honestly think they're better than Dead Man's Switch. Not particularly long but very cool.

Xeteh

I only played Random Access Memories and Darkness Falls. They were pretty solid little adventures but not great. I hear good things about Shadowrun Unlimited though, no real story but a LOT of runs to do.

I'll have to check it out at some point. Thanks!

I might play through Hong Kong as an Adept. My last run of Dragonfall I did a rifle/decker because decking seemed so integrated in to the story. I did mess around with another character as Adept and it seemed fun. We shall see, really looking forward to this.

I was going to ask about UGC campaigns but instead I just replayed Dragonfall. I stumbled upon Unlimited when looking at stuff and downloaded to try out at some point.

GavinUK86

just finishing up my last playthrough of dragonfall before tomorrow. i forgot how awful the apex rising mission is. took me nearly 2 hours to finish it due to crashes and freezes. hopefully there's no defend this helpless person/object with a health bar for a set amount of time in hong kong.

just finishing up my last playthrough of dragonfall before tomorrow. i forgot how awful the apex rising mission is. took me nearly 2 hours to finish it due to crashes and freezes. hopefully there's no defend this helpless person/object with a health bar for a set amount of time in hong kong.

I managed to bug out that mission this time around, but in a helpful way.
I disarmed one of the enemy robots and they just stood there not being able to attack. So then I just waited out the mission because the enemies wouldn't respawn until it died.
Apex Rising is probably my least favourite mission because it just feels like a slog, and the bugs it has doesn't make it more fun.

pahamrick

I managed to bug out that mission this time around, but in a helpful way.
I disarmed one of the enemy robots and they just stood there not being able to attack. So then I just waited out the mission because the enemies wouldn't respawn until it died.
Apex Rising is probably my least favourite mission because it just feels like a slog, and the bugs it has doesn't make it more fun.

I disliked Apex Rising more than the majority of DMS. Probably having the mission screw up several times on my first play through on the Non-DC version didn't help my opinion much.

duckroll

Apex Rising is 2/3 great, and 1/3 total garbage. Everything about the mission is actually really great up until you get to the end portion. Then it turns into long ass boring as hell "defend the point" mission where you have to wait it out. And if for whatever reason you didn't prepare properly for this specific set piece, you might have screwed yourself and have to redo the entire mission again, which sucks the fun out of the earlier bits too. It's a pity too, because I think with a bit more creativity, they could have designed the final part of the mission to have alternative play styles for players who hate defense stuff, and it would have improved the entire mission significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom