• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC15 Thread of iOS 9, Mac OS X 10.11 & watchOS: The epicenter of change.

Appleman

As much as I hope that iOS 9b2 brings better battery life, I'm REALLY stoked about the new WatchOS beta 2 and hope that brings way more stability.

Weirdly, I can tolerate weirdness more on my phone, but I've honestly hardly even used my watch recently just because of how buggy os2 has been. I guess for a device that is mostly for convenience, any lapses in reliability are even more of a death sentence

As much as I hope that iOS 9b2 brings better battery life, I'm REALLY stoked about the new WatchOS beta 2 and hope that brings way more stability.

Weirdly, I can tolerate weirdness more on my phone, but I've honestly hardly even used my watch recently just because of how buggy os2 has been. I guess for a device that is mostly for convenience, any lapses in reliability are even more of a death sentence

Yeah a smart watch turns to shit the second it isn't reliable.

mf.luder

I really want to jump on the watch but I'm doing my best to wait for rev 2.

Appleman

WatchOS install hanging for so long on Preparing... then I read that Apple pulled it temporarily, and now it's finishing installing. Hope this pulled update doesn't brick my watch....

mf.luder

Rumors of a Camera being added for FaceTime

Which bothers me, I don't use FaceTime on my phone, i definitely won't use it on a watch. Everything that was rumoured for rev2 does not excite me. Camera = no, questionable, if any, battery improvements = no.

Which bothers me, I don't use FaceTime on my phone, i definitely won't use it on a watch. Everything that was rumoured for rev2 does not excite me. Camera = no, questionable, if any, battery improvements = no.

A camera seems stupid to me, it's going to be awkward to keep the watch pointed at a decent angle for facetime video.

Automatically delete and reinstall apps to make room for iOS updates.

appdeletionstuff.jpg

And music is prettier now.

Not really the thread for it, but is there a huge difference between a maxed out Retina Macbook Pro 15" from mid-2012, to the latest/greatest 15" Pro models?

2.6Ghz i7, 16GB Ram, Geforce GT 650M 1024MB

LCfiner

Not really the thread for it, but is there a huge difference between a maxed out Retina Macbook Pro 15" from mid-2012, to the latest/greatest 15" Pro models?

2.6Ghz i7, 16GB Ram, Geforce GT 650M 1024MB

new ones shouldn’t have the image retention problems of the first gen display (although not all of them have it - mine does)

plus the new SSD interface is supposed to be much faster.

jts

...hate me...
I'm pulling the trigger on this beta for my iPhone 5 I think. Hope it's a good one.

And I thought I was about over with this life.

SuperPac

Dangit, I guess they pulled the Watch OS 2 beta and iOS 9 b2 is not showing as an OTA update for my phone. Just says that I'm up to date when I go look for an update. :|

Servers are probably getting hammered. Mine updated fine.

Still running into the error even now. :-(

I can only assume that I wasn't supposed to be able to see the update yet so it's been "pulled" from me until more people have updated and Apple's servers aren't getting slammed as hard.

Majine

Banned
I feel like they need a searchbar in that slideover app switcher thing. It's okay now when there are like 9 total apps available, but I can see it becoming a nightmare when this launches and all apps support it.

ramyeon

I think I read that it was added in the most recent 8.4 update.
Yeah, came out around the same time as 9.0 beta 1 I think.

As pretty as Music looks it still feels and looks like a beta app, despite being one iteration off from the GM for 8.4. I can't put my finger on exactly why though.

Top Bottom