• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games With Gold for August

m23

It's an okay month, already played bayo but never ended up buying Trials Fusion. Loved the previous trials game so I'm happy with that at least.

Gator86

guerilla was already GWG at some point, non? i have it and i'm sure i never bought it

Was it? Probably before I picked up my Xbone a couple years ago then. Crazy how many games people own these days that they don't remember how they got it.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Another nice month for Games with Gold.

As more 360 games make it, thats more dont have to worry about replacing. And one step closer to not having to get a 360 anymore.

KORNdoggy

so far still glad i cancelled my gold sub. trails is the best thing there but even that was a bit shite compared to the previous entries.

Why don't they offer all the games all at once for the month?

They overlap with previous and next month. Always 4 games up:

July's second pair + August's first pair
Then
August's second pair and Sept's first pair

Guess it feels more dynamic having a new batch every fortnight.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Another impressively terrible month.

Bayonetta is the only game of any real note there, but who hasn't played that at this point?
Me?

Bayonetta is the only game in August I'm interested in.

+Now they are giving out games that aren't even out of Early Access? (Game Preview)

Megatron

Another impressively terrible month.

Bayonetta is the only game of any real note there, but who hasn't played that at this point?

You need to dial back your expectations then. This is a really good month. The four games here are all worth playing, and the cost is $5 per month along with online play? Even if you have already played some of these, that doesnt make it a bad month. Obviously these games must have appeal if you played them before when they werent free...

Sold my Trials to GameStop earlier thinking it was part of the summer sale and it wasn't so I'm happy about that. Wanted Slime Rancher for a long time, been meaning to finally beat Bayonetta and Red Faction Armageddon is decent. Good for me.

Always wanted RF: Armageddon. Bayo I have onthe WiiU, but I'll take it. Trials is fucking awesome. And apparently, Slime Rancher is good too.

Welp, this is a really good month, at least for me.

Ennosuke

Holy shit. I just thought if I should buy Bayonetta for PC, because I never finished it. But now I can use my savefile from the cloud and finish it.

Trials is great, but I already bought it.

timberger

You're off your rocker.

Trials Fusion is great.

It's okay, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the previous 2 games. It got a lot better with all the stuff added in the "Awesomax" edition though... but unfortunately that's not the version being offered here.

Orca

Slime Rancher! Woot, a win for me in my book. I have been wanting to try that one.

Same here. It's always been that "I kind of want to try it to see what it's all about, but game clips haven't really sold me on it" game.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Why don't they offer all the games all at once for the month?

Maybe they pay developers based on downloaded copies, if you spread them out less people get them. At least the main reason why I get everything on PS+ is because there is one day where I just have to add everything to my purchases.

Roboculus

Oh cool, Slime Rancher! Always wanted to check that game out.

I also can't find my copy of Bayonetta so this works out well for me.

Would have preferred the Firewatch rumour to be true, but now I can play Bayonetta (really need to finish it) without the disc, so I'm ok with this month.

I'm surprised by all the positivity in this thread. I feel it's quite a weak month for Xbox One. I would have greatly preferred the rumored games.

Top Bottom