• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LIVE Indie Games - MARCH 2012 (Hello)

Just watched the trailer, and don't have the first idea what's going on :lol

Will play later.

milkstone's tower defence game, Red Invasion: Tower Defense, is on the way out, should be available any minute. Didn't look brilliant from the trailer, but it's hard to tell with TD and milkstone's stuff is always worth a look.

qupe1975

Neo Member
Trying to think how best to describe the game.

Basically the block destroys the spheres ala Pang. Power-ups need to be used wisely and to get a good score you need to not spray your bullets wildly. Not that you can if you just have the single shot as you have to wait for that shot to finish before firing another. Building the chain is a key to a high score.

OnPoint

Sorry guys, it's been a busy couple of days and I haven't had a chance to get the April thread up yet. I'll have it done by tomorrow at the latest.

^^Nice! Can't wait to see it in motion.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is this game available in english? I am keen to check it out.

Yup, very nice! Looking forward to see how that all comes together. Too rare for us to see some HQ 2D in IGs, and it's great to see styles with great personality.

Yup. Kohei Gallery games seem to always have english and japanese translations in each game. All story-critical stuff willl have a translation (including game opening and menu and option stuff), though a few minor items may remain in JP.

Any list as to what has changed? I enjoyed Brand's beginnings, if it's improved, sounds great.

thanks! can't wait to reveal more, but it's probably going to be a little while yet before we officially announce the game. vertical slice should be done in a few weeks. not looking at launching until early 2013 though.

i'm hoping that with minecraft soon to be released on xbla there will be a bit of a shake-up in the xblig marketplace. i think it may be easier to do well if the top downloads list isn't dominated by minecraft clones. on the other hand, our game is pretty unique and has a "hook" to it that i think will resonate well with the xbox live audience, so maybe we'll be alright either way :p

WaaghMan

Neo Member
i'm hoping that with minecraft soon to be released on xbla there will be a bit of a shake-up in the xblig marketplace. i think it may be easier to do well if the top downloads list isn't dominated by minecraft clones.

I highly doubt that Minecraft is going to change anything on the XBLIG list. They are still cheaper and offer more or less the same features than the original one. I hoped more for the high number of minecraft clones to even out things a bit (4 clones should mean that each one sells approx. 25% of what they sold before), but it didn't happen.

Top Bottom