• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LIVE Indie Games - The July 2011 Thread

qupe1975

Neo Member
Is that 3 stars on each level? I still think it's good value for a dollar. Granted the first load of levels are too easy.

Plus factor in the fact the a good 90% of the last 2 months worth of games have been shite it's nice to have something that makes you want to play it.

qupe1975 said:
Is that 3 stars on each level? I still think it's good value for a dollar. Granted the first load of levels are too easy.

Plus factor in the fact the a good 90% of the last 2 months worth of games have been shite it's nice to have something that makes you want to play it.
I wrote a review that covers it.

Basically, the time limits for the third star are so strict, and the game is so bad at being played quickly, that I didn't feel the compulsion to go after them. And since I'd given up on the third stars before even starting I didn't really care about using missiles either. I was just playing to solve. Getting the missile star on each level would be slightly tougher (though not much) but I just didn't feel the need.

Hey guys, I just went back through all the games this month to remind myself what came out, and I've got a sneak preview of next month's thread for you!

eknpv.jpg

The Gold award, for the absolute best game that came out last month.

Nothing.

5x6gz6.jpg

The Silver award, for games that are incredible, but hey, only one game can be the Gold award winner. In any other month, any of these could have earned it!

Nothing.

27yn4nr.jpg

The Bronze Award, not the best games out this month, but every one of these is still either great, or has a really unique aspect to it that more than makes it worth trying.

Nothing.

160yng3.jpg

Some games are bad. Really bad. So bad that they don’t even deserve a functioning link to the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. But if you’re in the mood for some punishment, or just want to be reminded how much better the games above are, check these out, last month’s most terrible games.

Everything.

Okay, it's not quite that bad, but it's damn close.

Another guy and I are getting together and doing videos.
Hopefully at least once a week we'll look at an XBLIG and do some commentary on it.

This week it's Creed Arena.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKVMd3RR__E

Note: This was recorded at like 7:00 am. I don't usually sound this bad.

toythatkills said:
Okay, it's not quite that bad, but it's damn close.

I don't even think it's worth doing awards for this July.

Then again I mean the month isn't over yet......

UGH

Divine Justice Zero is a butt. Just plain bad.

Phreaker

The one game in particular I'm on the fence with is Total Forge, I'm hearing it has Miner Dig Deep upgrade elements so it sounds like it might be fun. Really wish more people here (or anywhere) played these games and described their feelings about them.

I hope it's okay to reply to this in such an old thread. It's funny that I don't see any talk of these miner games as they are the most popular XBLIGs. Maybe I am missing the thread? I was feeling miner-ish this weekend so I finally broke down and got this (Total Miner: Forge) and after a few hours bought Fortress Craft as well. I prefer TM:F as it has the Dig Deep game mode which is more of a survival and mining game, where Fortress Craft sees to be just a building (create) game with no mining. TM:F has a create mode too, but I haven't really messed with it. I also prefer the look of TM:F to FC and it seems to play better (less jank). From what I gather update 1.6 is pretty new, but I don't know what the game played like before it. It's easily worth $3 if you're into these types of games.

EDIT: Oh, it also supports 4-player split screen in addition to online multiplayer. I've just been playing the default Dig Deep game where you mine and look for blueprints to create new items. It also has a bunch of texture packs too.

Top Bottom