• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live: Ultimate Game Sale - Now Live - Great Deals!

Far cry 3 is an instant buy for me at that price.

Borderlands 2 is tempting - I wish they had a demo or something so I could see what the gameplay feels like - I think I know too little to bite. I might save my money for tomb raider and Mgs revengeance

Jhoan

Far Cry Instincts Predator is mighty tempting as is Prey. Will probably check out the former; not sure. I told my bro to get Borderlands 2 so hopefully he does.

Far Cry 3 is also currently on sale for 20 bucks at Best Buy so I may or may not check it out through there.

If Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is 20 bucks or less, I'll buy it in a heart beat as I've been dying to get this game on the cheap.

I think Bulletstorm is one of my favorite FPS games this gen. So much fun and so satisfying to take out enemies immature humor aside. And it looks pretty to boot. It's too bad the MP community is non-existent these days because it was pretty fun as well and it required communicating with folks to coordinate a group skill shot. It's a shame there's probably never going to be a sequel.

Glad I did not buy Judgement and MGSR yet, hope the deals are good :D

edit: I wonder if it's a glitch, the dailys are all 10€ for Austria/Germany - maybe whole Europe (have not checked).

I just purchased Prey for 2,99€ and C&C Red Alert 3 for 4,99€ (Germany). In case of doubt, wait until about 2PM. IIRC that's when the marketplace fully updates (usually on Wednesday when the weekly update hits).

I bought Far Cry 3 for €10 and Bulletstorm for €5.

Borderlands 2 for €10 is an amazing price too, but I've no room left on the hard drive (a 320gb).

Nebula

I already own 3 of the first 4 games, and I played AC3 but found it incredibly boring so I'll not be getting it. Can't wait for tomorrow.

EdgeXL

Looks like the Borderlands 2 DLC is 1/2 off for Gold members. Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage and Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt are $5 each. The Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack is $2.50.

derFeef

I just purchased Prey for 2,99€ and C&C Red Alert 3 for 4,99€ (Germany). In case of doubt, wait until about 2PM. IIRC that's when the marketplace fully updates (usually on Wednesday when the weekly update hits).

I am just talking about the 4 dailys. FC3 is also 10€ here, which is much cheaper than 20$ :)

Prey was such a great game considering it's rough dev. history. I still have my 360 copy floating around. I just wish I could find a legit PC copy.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
is it possible to view these on the xbox.com website? The get games with gold bonus thing takes me to download fable 3 (wtf) and I see no sales mentioned, dashboard only?

Jhoan

Looks like the Borderlands 2 DLC is 1/2 off for Gold members. Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage and Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt are $5 each. The Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack is $2.50.

Thanks for the heads up. Got the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack and Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt since I got Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage for free several months ago. It sucks that Scarlet and Her Pirate Booty isn't on sale as well. =/

EDIT: @catfish, it should be up and running on the Xbox website (at least US). I queued the above stuff to download.

VeeP

is it possible to view these on the xbox.com website? The get games with gold bonus thing takes me to download fable 3 (wtf) and I see no sales mentioned, dashboard only?

Just go to Xbox.com and use the search bar. Search for Defense Grid and if your a gold member it will be free. If you look up individual games of this sale they'll show the new price as well.

NuKERxyz

You havo to find it one by one, even on the console. There isnt a link to all the games, at least for now.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Thanks for the heads up. Got the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack and Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt since I got Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage for free several months ago. It sucks that Scarlet and Her Pirate Booty isn't on sale as well. =/

That just came out last week or so, which is understandable.

I really would love to see Mass Effect 3 DLC go down, it's the only thing I can think of I would get right now. Unless it's only ME1 in the sale.

acm2000

Crysis gotted

only other games im interested in are Crysis 3 and Assassins Creed 3 but neither will be cheap enough to tempt me

PaulLFC

Now those are some great deals. Sony's sales have been mostly great lately, seems MS are stepping up.

All four of today's games are £8.99 in the UK - I'd buy AC3 if my 360 didn't sound like a jet every time I power it on.

Jhoan

Actually, I think Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty was the first DLC for Borderlands 2. The one that came out last week was Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep.
That's correct and that's why I'm disappointed. It's also bigger and a much better DLC than Hammerlock.

excowboy

Borderlands 2 for €10 is an amazing price too, but I've no room left on the hard drive (a 320gb).

Just buy it and install it when you have space. Once a game is associated with your account you can download and delete it as many times as you want. I've seen a few people saying similar stuff - if you paid for the game its yours and you can download it whenever (at least until the servers get switched off :p)

Alphahawk

It's interesting to note that Tomb Raider is currently $30 pre-sale. I'm guessing that that's another one that's gonna hit the $9.99 sweet spot.

xbhaskarx

Just got Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3...

Are these worth getting?

Shauni

Daily deals? Blah, why you making me wait for my Rising and Infinite deals, MS? I've done nothing but love you.

lucius

I would have done Far Cry 3 for $15, 20 is still fair price just I think State of Decay and and Far Cry:Blood Dragon are better buys right now, waiting for The Orange Box sale.

Acheteedo

Tempted by these:

Bulletstorm
Crysis
Prey

Only because they're very very cheap... just can't seem to pull the trigger on any of them, not in the mood for a shooter, rarely am these days, picked up Max Payne 3 when it was £5 and got bored of that pretty quickly.

Keeping a keen eye on these:

Crysis 3
Forza Horizon
Gears Judgement
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
X-com: Enemy Unknown

I'll buy Gears Judgement at anything below £25. The others will need to be a lot lower.

Shauni

Isn't Lego Batman 2 already just $20 on there, or am I wrong? A deal on that would be no more than $10, maybe even $5, if that's the case.

Hey GAF, for the record:

IF YOU'RE AN XBOX LIVE REWARDS MEMBER, YOU CAN GET $20 BACK (1600 POINTS) WHEN YOU BUY 5 GAMES ON DEMAND GAMES FROM NOW TILL JUNE 15TH.

:)

All 5 Games must be $19.99 or higher to count though. :/ Basically buy 5 games on sale that interest you, and if they're all $20 you basically get one free, and or a 20% of your money back, not to shabby,

Also they have that crappy 2% rebate return Market Place purchases for Rewards member... lol $100/8000MSP + the $20 return/2% return= $22...

As a Rare fan I'm pissed neither PDZ, Conker, or Kameo are on games on demand in Canada. So hard to find new copies.

Huh...Just realized they aren't available on the Canadian Market Place. Weird. I mean, I already own them, but it's strange they're not available online here.

Top Bottom