• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live: Ultimate Game Sale - Now Live - Great Deals!

IIRC digitalfoundry wrote it's ranging from 20 to 30 fps on the consoles. Not very smooth but ymmv. Good game though :)

Thanks. I'd download a trial version to see how it runs but there is none.

I'm willing to take the risk for 10 eurobucks though, I have heard good things about the game.

JudgeB

Banned
If Foza Horizon goes down to $10 I'm insta-buying it. I still have a lot of unplayed games from the last big GOD sale, so I'm going to hold off on a lot of these.

Brakara

If Foza Horizon goes down to $10 I'm insta-buying it. I still have a lot of unplayed games from the last big GOD sale, so I'm going to hold off on a lot of these.

Depends on what the current price is. I noticed today's newer games were down between 60 and 75 percent. So if Forza is currently over $40, I wouldn't count on it.

So, I'm tempted to buy Ac3. I really love the time period it's set in but haven't heard many good things about the game. Would anyone recommend it?

476dsXj.png

maniyac

Neo Member
WWE any good? I've heard interesting things about the universe mode

I have heard very, very good things about it, my thing as a fan of wrestling is the physical case is kind of cool to have AND there is ALOT of DLC to get the full roster...1600MSP worth in fact, and they do not sell it as individual items its all or nothing, would be nice if the DLC went on sale.

Have not seen many peoples thoughts on the price though, is it something I should pull the trigger on, the WWE 2k14 is 3 months away, but the Attitude Era mode story line mode in this is meant to me a hard cores dream, not to mention the rumors 2k14 will continue into reliving the Attitude Era story line so =/

krpiper

I have heard very, very good things about it, my thing as a fan of wrestling is the physical case is kind of cool to have AND there is ALOT of DLC to get the full roster...1600MSP worth in fact, and they do not sell it as individual items its all or nothing, would be nice if the DLC went on sale.

Have not seen many peoples thoughts on the price though, is it something I should pull the trigger on, the WWE 2k14 is 3 months away, but the Attitude Era mode story line mode in this is meant to me a hard cores dream, not to mention the rumors 2k14 will continue into reliving the Attitude Era story line so =/

I'm not a huge pro wrestling fan but I am a fight fan and it's cheap enough it might be fun enough to play around with. I played a lot of some game with my cousin back in the psx days and a little bit of fire pro

EagleEyes

If Gears Judgment is under 20 bucks then the disc version I have is going out the window like with Borderlands 2 this morning lol.

harSon

Banned
Kind of surprised at the sale prices I didn't expect them to be that good.

Gives me hope for the future of digital sales on the Xbox One. Hopefully it's not just an end of generation thing, but considering some newer games are significantly discounted, there's some hope of a Steam like future.

eggwolio

I posted this in the original thread, but it's worth repeating, and possibly worth adding to the OP:

For those of you considering ditching your physical copies for these, here's the GameStop Trade Values for the physical versions of these games as of 7/01/13. These are base values and do not include any bonuses like the 10% Powerup Rewards bonus or any of the other various promotions going on.

Title/Trade Credit Value/Cash Value
Assassin’s Creed 3 $10/$8
Bioshock Infinite $15/$12
Borderlands 2 $8/6.4
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway $.75/$.60
Bulletstorm $1/$.8
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 $3/$2.4
Crysis 3 $15/$12
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga $5/$4
Dragon Age Origins $.75/$.6
Far Cry 3 $10/$8
Far Cry Instincts Predator $2/$1.6
Forza Horizon $15/$12
Gears Judgement $14/$11.2
Hasbro Family Game Night 3 $10/$8
Hitman Absolution $7/$5.6
Kinect Sports 2 $12/$9.6
Left 4 Dead 2 $15/$12
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes $5/$4
Lego Lord of the Rings $5/$4
Mass Effect $3.5/$2.8
Max Payne 3 $6/$4.8
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence $11/$8
Monopoly Streets $15/$12
Perfect Dark Zero $.25/$.20
Prey $.25/$.20
Rockstar Table Tennis $.25/$.20
The Orange Box $12/$9.6
Tomb Raider $15/$12
Witcher 2 $10/$8
WWE 13 GonD $14/$11.2
X-com: Enemy Unknown $10/$8

N2NOther

Banned
Far Cry 3 or Max Payne 3? What's more bang for the buck?

Far Cry 3 for sure. Open world, addictive gameplay. For me half the fun was how I took over the encampments.

Example. I stalked one camp slowly, marked every target. Took out my sniper rifle to start picking them off and a tiger wandered into the camp and killed everyone and the camp was mine. It was totally random and awesome.

Recall

I don't understand why UK gets cheaper pricing. must be an error that they don't bother to correct. I can't see it being on purpose. good for then, but I'm pissy about it.

We get dry fucked in the arse all the time on prices. Games on demand here is £20 above high street costs. Be pissy about it all you want.

Brakara

If I should worry that games are priced cheaper elsewhere, I wouldn't be able to buy a fucking thing (e.g., new retail games here are priced ~50% higher than in the US).

dorkimoe

Gold Member
I cant find it on xbox.com only far cry and far cry 2, and far cry dlc pack show up

edit: found it the hard way. You cant search for it apparently, have to browse lol

Thanks!

Silky

Banned
slightly off topic: I noticed CoD: Black Ops 2 was $39.99/3200 MSP on the marketplace. Is this a permanent price drop...? Deal of the week thing? I checked CAG and saw that it was a part of a DotW, but that's long expired and it's still $39.99...debating on jumping on it.

maniyac

Neo Member
I'm not a huge pro wrestling fan but I am a fight fan and it's cheap enough it might be fun enough to play around with. I played a lot of some game with my cousin back in the psx days and a little bit of fire pro

Well if your a casual fan from the psx days then I think the roster will sell you on this game, it is heavily focused around the wrestlers from the late 90's period aka the attitude era

vgJames

Banned
Picked up Borderlands 2 and Crysis so far. Planning on picking up Forza, Revengence and X-Com.

Anyone know how Dragon Age: origins plays on the console and if it's still a good experience or way too janky to be played with a controller? Also is Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway worth picking up?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I bought Crysis for 520 points. I might double dip on X-Com if it's 1040 points but I already own most of the games on there. Good prices in this sale again though, even if I don't like that the UK is getting charged more for everything.

jbug617

Banned
According to XBLA thread, Borderlands 2 DLC is on sale this week for Gold only.

--Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty - 400msp (was 800) (not dropped yet)
--Creature Slaughterdome - 200msp (was 400) (hasn't dropped everywhere)
--Mechromancer Pack - 400msp (was 800) (hasn't dropped everywhere)
--Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage - 400msp (was 800)
--Psycho Pack - 400msp (was 800) (not dropped yet)
--Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt - 400msp (was 800)
--Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack - 200msp (was 400)

Orca

Which ones are worth getting?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm going to have to snap a an Xbox 360 point card. Never played Crysis, and for $5 I'd love to check it out! I wasn't too gung ho on Borderlands 2, but I'd come back for $10.

I wonder how cheap theyll go with Metal Gear R and Crysis 3?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Are all of those included in the Season Pass?

Top Bottom