• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Chukhopops

Screenshots are good and all but we gotta see it in motion, Horizon looked great and it's gonna put even more pressure on 343 to deliver this time. They can't plop out another Craig again.

Also I'm pretty sure Horizon will have a 60FPS mode... or at least, I hope it will.
I don’t care that Halo has less details but I want it to push the amount of stuff on the screen (vehicles, characters, etc). I don’t play Halo to take screenshots, what made Halo 3 unforgettable was the set pieces with the huge covenant walkers, not the graphics.

ManaByte

I don’t care that Halo has less details but I want it to push the amount of stuff on the screen (vehicles, characters, etc). I don’t play Halo to take screenshots, what made Halo 3 unforgettable was the set pieces with the huge covenant walkers, not the graphics.
If photo mode isn't there reason you play a game then you aren't a hardcore gamer.

TLZ

Banned
Just bought this beauty. Saw the color and had to get it. It's my fav color.

mGE28xA.jpg

Ideally it'll impress in both graphics and gameplay. That's why I've been saying that the next demo they show needs to be a a big setpiece, not just a few generic combat arenas like before. I always think back to the Reach Long Night of Solace E3 demo, which had you fighting up the beach and it culminated in you flying the Sabre into space. Really got people pumped. Infinite needs to show something like that.

Jeff Grubb talked about Halo Infinite on his show, here's what he said:

>Microsoft seems interested in catering to "Halo-ass Halo fans". He thinks non-fans will just see it as "more Halo" and thus he's worried the reception might be bad.
>He expects E3 to be multiplayer-focused.
>If they do new multiplayer modes like Battle Royal, that'll probably be down the road, this will probably be things Halo fans know and love like Capture the Flag at launch.
>Doesn't expect a huge, long deep dive into Halo at E3. They're busy finishing the game, not E3 assets, which take a lot of time away from development.

Interesting stuff.

ManaByte

Guy posts to an INTERNET message board claiming he has no internet on his laptop:

makaveli60

I didn’t want to make a thread for this so asking here.

1. Is there ANY method to get the DLCs (they are delisted from xbl...) for Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One?

2. Does Forza Horizon 4 take real weather into account? Meaning that it seems when the weather is cloudy/rainy/sunny in my real world location it‘s the same in the game. Or is this just a coincidence?

ManaByte

I didn’t want to make a thread for this so asking here.

1. Is there ANY method to get the DLCs (they are delisted from xbl...) for Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One?

2. Does Forza Horizon 4 take real weather into account? Meaning that it seems when the weather is cloudy/rainy/sunny in my real world location it‘s the same in the game. Or is this just a coincidence?

No and no.

Andodalf

Banned
Thanks to FPS boost, the trailer for the sequel, and the new bundled edition being on sale, I’ve finally checked out dying light.

Holy shit this is an insanely good game!!! Like a goty caliber game so far. Hope it holds up!

PSO2: New Genesis launching June 9th! Since there isn't an official PSO2: NG thread yet I'm just going to post this here. Game looks amazing. and the narrator in this video is the KOF announcer and he is freaking great! So cheesy and over the top. I know the next PSO2 trailer will be more serious and will be marketed more for casuals but I appreciate the humor from Sega.

Last edited:

Roberts

Have been playing a lot of Knockout City lately and it is tons of fun - easy to pick up, harder to master. One interesting detail: when you start a match, it shows which people play it on Xbox (or generic Knockout City logo for other formats) and usually around two out of six are. Considering it came out on all consoles and PC, that’s a pretty good number.

cormack12

Gold Member
Well I did it. Got an Xbox Series Shit for the upstairs room.

Been trying battlefront ii on it and Minecraft dungeons. Fits the purpose. It's fucking amazing how seamless save games and moving games is between the boxes. Could do without the nag screen on enabling updates each time but yeah MS have done well.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Well I did it. Got an Xbox Series Shit for the upstairs room.

Been trying battlefront ii on it and Minecraft dungeons. Fits the purpose. It's fucking amazing how seamless save games and moving games is between the boxes. Could do without the nag screen on enabling updates each time but yeah MS have done well.
You should try some next gen enhanced games on it to see what it’s really capable of. Cold War and Resident Evil look legit great.

Andodalf

Banned
Okay, so I’m rewatching old E3s, and in 2018 FastStart was announced.

Did this ever happen? Has anyone ever heard of this? Does anyone know what this is without me saying what it was supposed to be?

Kagey K

Banned

Did this ever happen? Has anyone ever heard of this? Does anyone know what this is without me saying what it was supposed to be?
I've seen it on a few 360 games on my One X, I couldn't tell you which ones off the top of my head though.

It wasn't as widely adopted as I hoped though, not that it really matters because I wait for the full game to download anyway.

Gig down/750 up a typical 360 game only takes about 8 minutes anyway.

Last edited:

elliot5

I'm not sure it came to fruition the way it was originally described. I've seen "Fast start" as the "ready to play" for x360 bc titles, but they're effectively the same thing. Doesn't seem like the ML "no effort required" thing panned out though, unlike how fps boost was realized

elliot5

I know FM has reportedly had test flighting with Xbox One apps, though I'm of the opinion that that's just for getting playtesters that don't have a Series console yet on board to test specific features. The interview with the game director in the recent forza monthly alluded to that being the case. They wish it was the whole game, but they're doing very focused testing to hone in specific areas of the game.

I won't be mad if FM ends up being cross-gen, but if it is next-gen only (which would make sense given the need for the new CPU to drive higher simulations) it'll be interesting to see the GT7 vs FM comparisons. I'm sure the narrative will be "Lol FM is next gen and that's all it is? GT7 looks as good and its cross gen".

DaGwaphics

I won't be mad if FM ends up being cross-gen, but if it is next-gen only (which would make sense given the need for the new CPU to drive higher simulations) it'll be interesting to see the GT7 vs FM comparisons. I'm sure the narrative will be "Lol FM is next gen and that's all it is? GT7 looks as good and its cross gen".

Would probably be hard to stick that narrative, since FM would likely have a much deeper level of simulation since it wouldn't need to contend with the Jaguars. GT7, if it is in fact cross-gen, would untimely be a dolled up version of a last-gen racer since the new CPUs would be optional. Not that a certain set of warriors here wouldn't try to run with that. I'd assume that Turn 10 would spend some time explaining what couldn't run on last-gen and how that reshapes the gameplay during an announcement (would be a bit of a preemptive strike).

Looking forward to seeing the next iteration. They seem like masters of micromanaging the capabilities/limitations of whatever hardware they are working with. Should be a treat.

JLB

Banned

First thing that came to my mind when I read that GT is crossgen is the comparisons with FM.
If Turn10 does it right, and considering that as far as we know is Series exclusive + much longer development time to upgrade the ForzaTech Engine.... I mean, Forza could potentially blow GT very hard.

They actually deleted the We Believe in Generations thread from November...
I'm a PS fan but their messaging has been fucking horrible lately. It's amazing to read the "we believe in generations" articles from last year and the newest Hermen Hulst softball interview back to back, it's like they're from two entirely different companies.

At least Xbox didn't bullshit about what they were doing, whether people liked it or not.

Kagey K

Banned
I'm a PS fan but their messaging has been fucking horrible lately. It's amazing to read the "we believe in generations" articles from last year and the newest Hermen Hulst softball interview back to back, it's like they're from two entirely different companies.

At least Xbox didn't bullshit about what they were doing, whether people liked it or not.
It wasn't the only thread they straight nuked today.

Why not lock them like every other thread? Instead they just vanished.

Chukhopops

History is being rewritten and a new timeline is being established:
- cross-gen games are great and the next gen versions will look great anyway because engines scale down now, no more “lowest common denominator”;
- it was obvious games were going to be cross gen, you’d have to be an idiot to think otherwise;
- PC ports are great too and do no longer devalue the brand.

We have come a long way in the last 2-3 days for sure.

elliot5

History is being rewritten and a new timeline is being established:
- cross-gen games are great and the next gen versions will look great anyway because engines scale down now, no more “lowest common denominator”;
- it was obvious games were going to be cross gen, you’d have to be an idiot to think otherwise;
- PC ports are great too and do no longer devalue the brand.

We have come a long way in the last 2-3 days for sure.
I like the "we believe in generations" quote recap saying CLEARLY this was just about dualsense and 3d audio FEATURES only on PS5, not that the games are on PS5 only!!!!

Top Bottom