• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox reported revenue of $15.37 billion in FY 21 - Best year ever for Xbox

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Tutomos

PlayStation's fiscal year is on a slightly different time frame but for FT2020 they generated 25bn just for comparison.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Those stimulus checks and covid saved gaming.

In my eyes deserved, I don't think that anything changes in 1st 2nd and 3rd place in the console space, but I feel like MS and Xbox is now in best position, which is pretty incredible, when last gen at this stage Xbox was pretty much dead.

Yeah, they came out of the gates strong this time around. Lacking in next gen software, but they are set to end the first year on a high note. They delivered an amazing piece of hardware. They have a pretty popular subscription service. They are clearly catering to gamers instead of nursery homes, soccer moms, and tv watchers. They went out and made a trade for the ages. I sincerely believe Starfield is going to be the next Skyrim.

Like you said, they deserve it.

Last edited:

squarealex

Is it better if it’s coming from other companies not names Microsoft?
No, but if Microsoft can shut up and focusing strategy and game... maybe I can listen what they saying

- E3 2017 is the best Microsoft Press Conf
- E3 2018 is the best Microsoft Press Conf
- E3 2019 is the best Microsoft Press Conf
- E3 2020 is the best Microsoft Press Conf
- E3 2021 is the best Microsoft Press Conf
- Series have the best Xbox Launch
- Series have the best sales of Xbox launch
- Series is the best fastest selling Xbox
- Xbox GamePass is the Best place to play
- Halo Infinite is the best ambitious Halo
- Bethesda make the best game of this industry
- Philocchio Spencer is the best CEO Xbox
- Xbox have the best fatest 5 millions sales
- 21 is the best years of the Xbox

and finally

Xbox have the best third place in the game industry... WHEN ?

Such much dumb quote

Last edited:

amigastar

I'm glad they are still successful even if most of Xbox games will come out on PC at the same time.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
All ramping up as MS heads for a great q4 with Halo and Forza Horizon. Their Battlefield 2042 partnership could actually help as well as that game actually looks amazing and like it could be one of the games of the year.

John Wick

Do you guys think the biggest company in the world doesn’t make profits?
The Xbox division not MS as a whole but you knew that didn't you?
You might as well go the full distance and use the classic $2 trillion company as well.

Last edited:
I mean, we know that Microsoft makes a shitload of profit. The question is how much profit Xbox does.
They are really stupid to think the company that has the biggest market cap in the world makes no profit all because they hate Xbox. Xbox is part of the company they making record breaking revenue they’re not losing the company money also if the company makes so much profit elsewhere it offsets anything the Xbox division will lose or make. This is just to find a reason to start why is Microsoft In the console business because fanboys are threatened by other plastic boxes they don’t play on.

Mr Moose

Didn't we know this two days ago or is there new info here?
Edit: The X|S % is new, isn't it? :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
yeah i think they're loosing a lot of money otherwise why not report it? if they're making money they would be bragging about it now, talking about the xbox division
Its simple. Become an investor.

They have no reason to report this to gamers.

Gamers job is to pay money, and get games. They have no business about profits or whatsoever.

Top Bottom