• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 PC performance thread

MY GTX 980 IS READY TO RENDER BRADFORD'S GLORIOUS SWEATER

XCom-Bradford.jpg

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Someone with a 760 pls comment

I set everything on max, except shadows (High) and AA (FXAA) at 1080p. Getting around 40-45 fps, which is way better than what I expected. Hopefully I won't jinx it and start getting frame drops after the tutorial level.

Anon67

2.6GHz i7 6700HQ
16GB DDR4 RAM
3GB GTX 970M
Windows 10 Home

Turned off AA and Dirty Lens, everything else maxed at 1080p and no hiccups. Think as others have said, AA is the killer.

Hmm. I will be using a 2GB GTX 860m. I guess I will be able to do 1080p medium settings with no AA without too much of a problem.

In case anyone runs into the problem but my game was stuttering like a boss. I turned on framerate smoothing and it seems fine now.

What does setting actually do?

Anyone not getting the ability to use resolutions higher 1080p, it's a DPI scaling issue. Disable DPI scaling for the game and everything works properly. I don't know why Firaxis' games still have issues with DPI scaling after all these years.

AJLma

80FPS on a Titan X with everything maxed and FXAA and no Bokeh DoF.

This game has some taxing graphics options when messing with the the Maximum settings and a few of those checkbox options at the bottom. Enabling Bokeh DOF alone drops me down 10FPS, while moving most options back and forth will give or take 2-3FPS.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The game defaulted to max with my 980. I dropped it to high, and averaged 80-90 during the first tutorial mission, with it dropping to the 60s during an explosion. I get 65fps while viewing my complete base.

EDIT: While viewing my base, if I turn on MSAA 2x, it drops it down to 50fps. Fuck that!

I'd be really grateful if someone could test in-game fps at 720p minimal settings, and give the name of their GPU, so that I can work out how this would run on my awful below-min-spec laptop (i7, but with a GT 555M).
I think I'm in a similar boat, I've got AMD FX-8370E @ 3.3GHz, 8GB RAM and GTX 560 Ti. I'll let you know how it runs on 900p (if not tonight, then sometime tomorrow).

Waikis

60 FPS locked at max settings with MSAA 2x @ 3440 x 1440p.
Rig: 980 SLI (xcom:EU profile with AFR2 forced) + i7 5820k (4.4ghz).

Game also supports 21:9 right out of the bat! HALLELUJAH.

Getting around 50 FPS on the first mission in Iron Man mode. 980ti. tried lowering a bunch of settings but to no great effect.

red731

GPU fans are off the charts!
7970GHz 3GB - 98% percent utilization in menu!

I swear my cpu and gpu are going to burst into flames!

GPU utilization at min details - 58%
and max details without any AA - 98-100%

SATAN PLS

ed: mainly SHADOWS - ALL SHADOWS are utilized af

ISee

Okay even 2xMSAA has to go.
On a new map with rain, performance can go down to 45ish... that's too much even for me.

On a quad core Intel CPU and a GTX 860M with all Medium settings and FXAA, performance is decent in the tactical view but kinda sucks everywhere else. Patches should fix it up, 'cause I don't see what's so damn demanding.

I didn't check, but ill do that in a bit.

Messed around with settings a little. For some reason the base view is now 52-60 fps, rather than the 40-something I was getting. I didn't change anything, but whatever.

GTX970
I have everything set to the highest settings @1080p, but with FXAA selected. Most settings have very little effect on the FPS.
GPU utilization is in the mid 80's and the CPU is around 40-60% (i-5 3570k @4.2ghz). I'm actually going to try some missions now to see how it holds up.

Tain

Resolution doesn't seem to mean much to me performance-wise with my 980 and 2600k (HQ gives me the same framerate in 1080p as it does 1440p), wonder if it's my CPU.

Runs decently on my 970 and i7 4770K. 1080p, maxed settings, except no MSAA, AO and shadows at medium, generally maintains 60fps during missions, with some drops from time to time (though it gets more severe occasionally, coinciding with drops in GPU usage). Get a lot of drops to 50-55fps on the avenger. Game seems most demanding there and also when looking at the soldiers in the customization menu. Holding out hope for a performance patch/drivers.

Runs decently on my 970 and i7 4770K. 1080p, maxed settings, except no MSAA, AO and shadows at medium, generally maintains 60fps during missions, with some drops from time to time (though it gets more severe occasionally, coinciding with drops in GPU usage). Get a lot of drops to 50-55fps on the avenger. Game seems most demanding there and also when looking at the soldiers in the customization menu. Holding out hope for a performance patch/drivers.

Hmm I can roll with this. Thanks for the heads up.

Glick

Neo Member
LOL

Waiting it to unlock to try it on my Macbook Pro... :-(

Tried it on a 15" current gen Macbook Pro today in the office. Was getting around 15 FPS with default settings at native res. Going as low as reasonably possible on everything was able to get it up to 30, so it's not great.

Symphonic

Tried it on a 15" current gen Macbook Pro today in the office. Was getting around 15 FPS with default settings at native res. Going as low as reasonably possible on everything was able to get it up to 30, so it's not great.

Just tried it on mine as well, runs pretty shittily even on lowest settings.

Wonder why they bothered to support Mac.

Top Bottom