• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 confirmed for Holiday 2017

The Hermit

Critiquing overly sexualized female designs is fair game.

Xbcx had some good females and not much sexualization apart from that one villain.

Xbc had shania or w.e the name is but she was still a great character.

This is on another level...

As someone who loves both prior games this trailer didn't excite me.

Remember the xbcx trailer with mechs? This looks worse...

While xbx had a good trailer, it was an ass of a game.

Hopefully this is the opposite

Maebe

Best character design is clearly the Nopon with a drill-shield.

UoWlJPQ.png

Better than Tatsu already

Except for the main heroine and hero, the designs are really nice imo.

Rmagnus

Banned
The VA is hilarious but doesn't bother me too much.
I like the art style of the game in general, just not the characters as much.
Her titties are pretty crazy, which is unnecessary but again, whatever.

But the fucking trousers on the MC. Please let me change them. Holy fuck.

Other than that, super excited.

Lol if it's anything like the pass few games you will be out of it really quick. Hell shulk was mostly in swimsuit for me.

Fireblend

Banned
Man, the music sounds soooooo good.

I get the hate for the girl's character design (I'm ok with the anime artstyle tho), but I don't see the story or characterization being brought down by it. Hopefully we get alternative clothing options.

Having never played a Xenoblade game, this looks amazing. I had no problems with the voices or the character designs. I look forward to this.

JThird

Maybe it's me but there's something wrong with the game screen resolution (like too much dithering). I hope it's just the video footage and not how it's going to look.
They need to cope with two modes (TV and portable) on the bad Nvidia hardware. Have pity on the poor developers.

Maaan, this OST samples is truly amazing.

RPGCrazied

I'm not actually convinced we're going to get visible equipment again. Rex's stupid-ass helmet thing is actually relevant (he keeps the fluffy guy in it), so they'd have to keep that (or something similar) for all of his armours.

You're right. Helmet is probably on every outfit because of this little pet which I'm sure is story related.

Would be odd though if you can't change armor looks in the game. Would be a first for Xenoblade.

vlcsnap-2017-06-13-12h15m10s298.png

The image I'm talking about. Missing the guy with blue sword.
:/

If this is the core party, that's pretty disappointing. Hopefully you can switch the MC out. I'll go with the (not pictured) older sword guy, the drill Nopon, and the giant tiger if possible.

This doesn't feel like Xenoblade though.

I really don't care what people say about the art style, hating just because its anime is stupid and I'd rather have a new art style then reuse the same one that they've already done. Same for the character designs, I'm not a fan of the girl having a design that flaunts her sexuality either but does the entire threads discussion have to be centered around that?

It's far to early to assume if the game will be good or bad based off of either of those things. As someone brought up a few pages back, the original XC didn't make a good first impression either and look how that turned out.

If the game ends up being terrible for whatever reason fine but the amount of people just outright dismissing and continuing to hate on it isn't helpful its just discouraging and it downplays everything else about the game.

Dead

well not really...yet
Not having visible armor equipped would be such a fucking downgrade over the last two games. :/

Growing to like the main character's design after seeing the 2D art on the game's website. Those big, hard tits that the girl has are just outrageous in every scene. Why.

Otherwise, hyped! Looking good to me. Just don't forget to give me my enhanced XCX port down the line.

Anoxida

Jesus christ those character designs. I'm legit shocked at how bad they are. VA was terrible as well. Worst part is I really want to play this game but looking at those characters and hearing them speak is going to piss me off so much that it'll affect my enjoyment of the game.

mindsale

Battle System looks much less like Xenoblade and X and much more like Tales, or something with a four face button and modifier layout.

Day one still.

Quonny

I hate their outfits so much. I don't mind the anime-ness of the faces or whatever, but the clothing is straight garbage.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
This is batshit crazy looking and sounding.

Pyra's boobs are crazy ridiculous as is her outfit in general. But every characters looks totally different from everyone else. Like one of those cross collaboration of artists.

MikeBison

Yeah, I wouldn't be mad if NOA decides to give the red girl a boob reduction.

What's worse...the comical boobs? Or the disgusting backlashes and cries of censorship and the localisation team getting targeted when she loses some cup sizes?

Hope it's not a Shit show incoming.

Sophia

Battle System looks much less like Xenoblade and X and much more like Tales, or something with a four face button and modifier layout.

Day one still.

I'm thinking that there might be 12 abilities actually. The position of Pyra on the UI seems to imply you can switch Blades, and each provides four abilities?

Maebe

:/

If this is the core party, that's pretty disappointing. Hopefully you can switch the MC out. I'll go with the (not pictured) older sword guy, the drill Nopon, and the giant tiger if possible.

This doesn't feel like Xenoblade though.

Dhua3EZ.jpg

If this is official seems like sword guy joins you too

When the faces look good but now people complain about the rest of the character design.

OAlLOgL.png

I mean it's a bit extra. It's gonna take a 3rd game for them to maybe get it right. Hopefully the game will keep the armor system from XBX so there's a lot of room to customize the look of the characters.

The first Xenoblade was literally announced in a folder on the E3 press site and everyone thought it looked like crap because this was the first screen shot.

18j4pjsgmtt3njpg.jpg

And this was the first trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcflgnLmgms

OBVIOUSLY Xenoblade 2 needs to make a better impression since this is a bigger franchise now, but to say that the first Xenoblade made a better first impression is... wrong.

i understand. maybe i should've said my first impresson. i'm not even sure i watched that first bit of info on blade.

Nicko

Wow. Wow. I just have no words... I thought Nintendo had better judgement and integrity than this garbage. Seriously, the female characters are just ridiculously sexualized and there solely for pandering. Excuse me while I vomit.

Lost my sale for sure. This is just pure garbage.

#HeartbrokenNintendoFan

jrcbandit

Music is fantastic. The character designs look fine to me aside from the main character and lead female character. They wont ever be in my party ;p. Heropon with drill all the way!

eXistor

This looked really underwhelming to me, I'm sure it'll end up fine, but I was super-hyped from the beginning with XcX, but this just doesn't look that interesting yet.

Mik317

This is batshit crazy looking and sounding.

Pyra's boobs are crazy ridiculous as is her outfit in general. But every characters looks totally different from everyone else. Like one of those cross collaboration of artists.

Well she is a swordgirl...so her looking different could be intentional. Perhaps the others are also weapon people?

LayLa

as a massive fan of XC and XCX I gotta say that the trailer for this was my biggest disappointment of E3. hopefully it turns out OK but so far I'm not really feeling it :/

Mechazawa

This series is so, so lucky that it does so much heavy lifting with its environmental and creature design, because going from the nice, vaguely Yoshida-esque designs of chronicles to BUG EYES in X to the full blown generic anime mega titty monsters in this is just...ugh.

Top Bottom