• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 confirmed for Holiday 2017

deleted

Well, not a fan of the art particularly- and the core game doesn't look as vast as the bast two Xenoblades from those snippets.

Maybe it's not for me, it's not like the Switch doesn't have other games for me around the release.

Rodin

The girl's design is a master class art in comparison....

I don't understand what's going on with his pants, but like i said we'll be able to change his armor and i'm glad for that. Aside from this, his design doesn't look that bad.

Same goes for the girl, you can dislike her clothes but there's nothing wrong with her face.

JThird

rexz4u0a.jpg

cm osi

The girl's design is a master class art in comparison....

i like it, it feels so '90 jrpg. go full crazy i don't need normality.

game looks good, very excited for it but we say too little for the combat, the first one worked well, hope they won't make it too much action tales style.
hope for dual audio too

for reference, here some xenoblade chronicles armors

latest

latest

Compilation_Armor_Dunban_1.jpg

The point is that everything here is bang on with the aesthetics of previous titles going all the way back to Xenogears. This is the sort of game Monolith makes and what their fans like and have supported with dollars to date.

You can not like it, of course, but a lot of the "why does it look like this?!" takes feel extremely weird. edit: like literally one post above me

Point taken, but this thread is also peppered with "get over it" and "It's Japan it's been this way forever!" and "ugh haters shitting up another XB thread!" all of which is aimed at shutting down any discussion arising from the decisions made regarding the quadratic surfaces on their female character models. Apologies if I misread your intent. I think most of us are generally aware of the history of JRPG character design, and even if we're bad at expressing modern frustrations with it, the "whyy" voices read more to me like "why haven't we moved past tit windows and strap skirts?"

jnWake

Anime faces don't look bad but the female design is... well, I didn't like it. Environments look really cool tho so I'm interested.

Are the connections with Xeno 1 clear yet? I still haven't played that one.

Naw people were complaining about anime faces the previous trailer. I'm with you though I like the art style at least much more than Xenoblade X.

Oh yeah, I know that. It's just that a lot of people have been saying that the art style isn't good, when they really mean the character design. The art style, or rather the art direction, isn't that much different from the first game.

sample tracks from website
Elysium of the blue sky - Yasunori Mitsuda
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm01.mp3
Action Battle (temp) - ACE
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm02.mp3
Action Start (temp) - Kenji Hiramatsu
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm03.mp3
Elpis Soul Cave(?) (temp) - Minami Kiyota
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm04.mp3

i'm unsure about 4th track translation tbh

edit: sleepy. saw 田 instantly reads mitsuda lol

I'm going to be listening to these all day. I'm hyped for the game, because I've loved both games. I can't wait to see the battle system since it looks different than the past games. I mainly can't wait for this game for the music and exploration like the other games.

Got to be one of the worst main character designs I've ever seen in a JRPG and that's saying something. Just awful. Hilarious how the VA sound like they are in their 30s/40s and yet the designs look like they are 12 or 13.

Fandangox

First on Xenoblade X they had somewhat generic designs with the bad art style. Now they have the generic art style with these god AWFUL designs.

Can't they just get the Last Story/Terra Battle artist the next time

Top Bottom