• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

TheMoon

Well, quite frankly, I generally am not relly interested in the Nintendo IPs/ typical game genras... Or so it seemed :)

I am generally not into platformers (never really liked any of the Mario games or Ghouls & Goblins per example, in spite of trying numerous times at friends), I don't really like fighters (be it Smash Bros types or Street Fighter among others) or racers generally (the one exception having been the futuristic WipEout style on occasion) or the Twitch hack & Slash (dmC style).
I'm really more of a RPG (both MMO and traditional single player)/ Action - Adventure/ Space Sim / Stealth/ RTS/ Survival Horror person really - with the odd shooter be it TPS or FPS (not that big into it, depends on setting/ story really), or also exploration/ puzzle.

In fact, there were only 3 games that made me buy a N64 back in the days: Zelda OoC, Goldeneye and Pilotwings (which I ended up not even playing due to an A*-H* swapping the game inside the pack for an Atari something game, and that was a brand new game bought in a big retail store).

But between what I've seen of Zelda and now Xenoblade X... I am going to give this some serious thoughts I think. :)

Then there's the Metroid Prime trilogy, Pandora's Tower, The Last Story, the original Xenoblade, Sin & Punishment 2, Pikmin 1-3, Fatal Frame V, ZombiU, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem and Devil's Third for you to check out by the time you would get yours. And that's just the big obvious stuff from the genres you said you generally enjoy.

ozfunghi

Well, quite frankly, I generally am not relly interested in the Nintendo IPs/ typical game genras... Or so it seemed :)

I am generally not into platformers (never really liked any of the Mario games or Ghouls & Goblins per example, in spite of trying numerous times at friends), I don't really like fighters (be it Smash Bros types or Street Fighter among others) or racers generally (the one exception having been the futuristic WipEout style on occasion) or the Twitch hack & Slash (dmC style).
I'm really more of a RPG (both MMO and traditional single player)/ Action - Adventure/ Space Sim / Stealth/ RTS/ Survival Horror person really - with the odd shooter be it TPS or FPS (not that big into it, depends on setting/ story really), or also exploration/ puzzle.

In fact, there were only 3 games that made me buy a N64 back in the days: Zelda OoC, Goldeneye and Pilotwings (which I ended up not even playing due to an A*-H* swapping the game inside the pack for an Atari something game, and that was a brand new game bought in a big retail store).

But between what I've seen of Zelda and now Xenoblade X... I am going to give this some serious thoughts I think. :)

Well then, take a look at Zelda WW, Zelda U (2016), Xenoblade X, Fatal Frame 5, Zombi U and definitely check out the gem that is Pikmin 3 (RTS).

Edit: and take a look at some of the Wii games like TheMoon mentioned... Metroid Primes, Xenoblade (original), Last Story, Silent Hill...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man... I really do not like the songs that play while you're in town. I usually don't have such negative reactions to video game music, but they really bother me for whatever reason.

Anyway, quesiton: Is there a way to bring up the segment map on the TV? Most of my game time has me mirroring the main screen on the Gamepad so that I can get the sound to play through head phones instead of from my TV, but doing so seems to block me from using the segment map. It can't be accessible only when using the Gamepad as a second screen, can it?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally got my Doll! After all this talk about the license quests I was scared that I'll have to spend a whole day doing them, but it took me only about an hour, maybe a bit more.

I also didn't know that you get the default frame (for some reason I thought that you can chose one) and I spent quite a lot of money on regular equipment. Oh well, I have to get dolls for other members, so nothing's lost.

Anyway, here's my awesome doll. I really love it - I already liked the game, but it drastically improves the overall experience.
iMvLFbKywhAqb.jpg

ibqfBYlKPGAVg4.jpg

iTrLaABgzEkQo.jpg

so whats the verdict by J-GAF or the importers? famitsu review did not seem overly favorable but thats always something that needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

How about some fatal frame 5

Kandinsky

Finally got my Doll! After all this talk about the license quests I was scared that I'll have to spend a whole day doing them, but it took me only about an hour, maybe a bit more.

I also didn't know that you get the default frame (for some reason I thought that you can chose one) and I spent quite a lot of money on regular equipment. Oh well, I have to get dolls for other members, so nothing's lost.

Anyway, here's my awesome doll. I really love it - I already liked the game, but it drastically improves the overall experience.
So jelly right now man.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
That lower "80s/90s" bar was never a thing though. It's always been like the bar at the top for video games. Maybe slightly shifted to the left but definitely not as sane and rational as this utopia there.

If I recall 6-7 was considered average in early 00s

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
yup ;D

but mediocre generally (and weirdly) always carriers a more negative connotation, at the very least 'round these parts.
Yup, that's what I noticed, people probably don't know that medicore means average and not bad.

Vena

so whats the verdict by J-GAF or the importers? famitsu review did not seem overly favorable but thats always something that needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

This will get 8-10s in the western reviews. It will range from the Famitsu spread, 8's and 9's, to the Dengeki review which was so alight that if it you put it in a dark room it wouldn't be dark anymore.

It will lose points for its PS2 tier graphics, Judeo-Christian symbolism, and the WiiU's limited hard-drive space leading to terrible load times and PS1 era texture quality.

PetrCobra

Oblivia Field Theme at night is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUnXT4uK5NE

Now we wait for the day version, iirc that was a very nice one ^^

I'm starting to really like the music in this game. I think the song that played during the story trailer won me over. Good...

If I recall 6-7 was considered average in early 00s

In my mind 7 as an average review score was always okay because an average game (considering everything that gets released) tends to be quite a bit better, quality-wise, than what I would expect from something that IS average, i.e. deserves a 5.

Rich!

So uh

I just want a yes or a no based on my predictions. Spoilers:

X takes place many years after Zanza is defeated and the world is reborn. The people shulk leaves fuck up somehow and the earth is destroyed. They leave to find a new world. Nopon and high entia go with them. There are telethia.

I just want a yes or a no on whether my guess is close or not! No other info!

Klyka

Banned
So uh

X takes place many years after Zanza is defeated and the world is reborn. The people shulk leaves fuck up somehow and the earth is destroyed. They leave to find a new world. Nopon and high entia go with them. There are telethia.

No connection in any way except 2 tiny tiny easter eggs.

Fandangox

So uh

Noperroni

sensui-tomo

So when this game gets closer to release in the west, are we going to see random drive by post with people calling us pedo's for the outfits in the game, because i'd like to not see that happen.
Btw anyone got a collection of pictures of the armors in the game? Been meaning to look at some of the varied weapons and armor/suits you can wear. ( i kinda dig the alien/kamen rider armors)

kenji

so, impressions about the story/world/characters? without spoilers obviously

is it great? better/worse than xenoblade?

Zero²

So when this game gets closer to release in the west, are we going to see random drive by post with people calling us pedo's for the outfits in the game, because i'd like to not see that happen.
Btw anyone got a collection of pictures of the armors in the game? Been meaning to look at some of the varied weapons and armor/suits you can wear. ( i kinda dig the alien/kamen rider armors)
No because NOA will enforce its censor hammer on everything Lyn related, even if I think the whole issue is a bit silly.

sensui-tomo

Zero²;162386566 said:
No because NOA will enforce its censor hammer on everything Lyn related, even if I think the whole issue is a bit silly.

Maybe i'm just overthinking it, if they pull a Lyn= different age thing however, then i'm sure we'll have a few shitposters on here, I'm just hoping threads in the future wont be derailed like that ff15 one whenever someone brings cidney up. Hoping this game comes out sometime before persona 5 and or inbetween mgs5's release.

Kyoufu

After four hours, I'm really enjoying it, however the vocal track at the beginning home area is really bad. I fear there's more bad vocal music to come. :(

Top Bottom