• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch 2 coming out on July 10, will come in 2 versions

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
fantasy life was most def the game for those who found animal crossing to be a bit lacking. granted the whole house redecorating isnt as robust, still all the other stuff you can do far makes up for it.

own both the original and link

Parakeetman

While true, I wonder if it's too soon to start cashing in. After all, he's very good at running IPs into the ground prematurely.

Guess we will find out after July!

Id say really the only series that was actually run into the ground was the danball senki with the original and W boost. Wars wasnt too bad but you dont hear anyone talking about it. I personally liked it. The psp games were pretty bad with the loading times considering how much you need to fight in that game, not good. Its why the 3ds versions were the far superior ones. Still bad how many times they re-released it... Not exactly the best way to build consumer trust.

18-Volt

I gave up waiting for level-5 to localize stuff. Either they are really afraid of low sales, or Nintendo is the one pulling strings here.

Parakeetman

I know, right! It actually looks really good, a nice improvement over the first game.

If its just building on all the things that were great about the first, hopefully also fixing the insane roulette thing for fishing / bug collecting and adding more characters really are going to have another wonderful title thats for sure.

which reminds me I still need to finish the first one. got so caught up in collecting / powering up my favorites that a new game had come out and i wasnt able to marathon through it as was planning to do so lol.

If its just building on all the things that were great about the first, hopefully also fixing the insane roulette thing for fishing / bug collecting and adding more characters really are going to have another wonderful title thats for sure.

which reminds me I still need to finish the first one. got so caught up in collecting / powering up my favorites that a new game had come out and i wasnt able to marathon through it as was planning to do so lol.

I do hope they fix the roulette! And I feel like their should be a (more obvious?) way to influence which Youkai you can become friends with. But the new characters, and features so far look great.

The end is pretty good, but in my opinion, not the strongest aspect of the game. I was powering through, though, because I wanted to finish before Pokemon came out.

Parakeetman

I do hope they fix the roulette! And I feel like their should be a (more obvious?) way to influence which Youkai you can become friends with. But the new characters, and features so far look great.

The end is pretty good, but in my opinion, not the strongest aspect of the game. I was powering through, though, because I wanted to finish before Pokemon came out.

Yeah really without a 攻略 site or guide book was a bit too "random" so to speak with what the monsters liked and such.

The roulette drove me insane D:

L~A

Was about to post that :p (Thanks, added to the OP).

Boxart :

contents_01.jpg

Yeah really without a 攻略 site or guide book was a bit too "random" so to speak with what the monsters liked and such.

The roulette drove me insane D:

Roulette was easily the most frustrating aspect of the game.

Was about to post that :p (Thanks, added to the OP).

Boxart :

Thinking I'll go for the one on the left; I like the Kappa and the new umbrella guy looks cool.

EDIT: Missed the TV commercial in the Famitsu article: http://youtu.be/vpKSQztCVKQ

watershed

Banned
It seems Level 5 is really interested in cash and is willing to test the strength of their still very new IP. I'm curious to see if this truly is a pokemon like phenomenon or a premature too "samey" sequel that will turn fans off.

wrowa

It seems Level 5 is really interested in cash and is willing to test the strength of their still very new IP. I'm curious to see if this truly is a pokemon like phenomenon or a premature too "samey" sequel that will turn fans off.

It obviously isn't a Pokemon-like phenomenon, that's why Level-5 is trying to get the most of their franchises as they can. It's the flavor of the day, kids will have found something new this time next year. Youkai Watch 2 feels very, very close to the original, but that's mostly due to the first one taking off very late in its lifespan.

They could delay the sequel, but what would have been won? The anime's currently super hot, it doesn't make much sense to delay the game to a date when kids might have found the next cool thing already.

People are often criticizing Level-5 for killing their franchises prematurely, but they are doing this kind of by design. And it's not a problem for as long as Hino comes up with something new that's becoming popular -- and so far it's always been the case. Level-5 is not doing super great every year -- Inazuma and Layton dying off, while Little Battlers not quite living up to expectations certainly didn't help them --, but since they are a private company, they don't really need to worry much about their annual sales numbers.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It obviously isn't a Pokemon-like phenomenon, that's why Level-5 is trying to get the most of their franchises as they can. It's the flavor of the day, kids will have found something new this time next year. Youkai Watch 2 feels very, very close to the original, but that's mostly due to the first one taking off very late in its lifespan.

They could delay the sequel, but what would have been won? The anime's currently super hot, it doesn't make much sense to delay the game to a date when kids might have found the next cool thing already.

People are often criticizing Level-5 for killing their franchises prematurely, but they are doing this kind of by design. And it's not a problem for as long as Hino comes up with something new that's becoming popular -- and so far it's always been the case. Level-5 is not doing super great every year -- Inazuma and Layton dying off, while Little Battlers not quite living up to expectations certainly didn't help them --, but since they are a private company, they don't really need to worry much about their annual sales numbers.

bro fist!
you summarized well what I've previoulsy try to say

Top Bottom