• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite Final Fantasy game?

Scott

I can't believe people are still bitching about Final Fantasy XI not being called "Final Fantasy Online." It's been nearly 6 years people, get over it already.

Aside from that, I think I may owe Tabris a bunny, too...

VII was incredible to see at the time but it was such a cold game to me. The story, the characters and the magic system (crystals you put in slots?) were not meaningful to me. How stale it is to have to pop in crystals for my weapons...

Sephiroth looked cool but there wasn't a lot to him. I'm sorry but it sounds like, for many, this game came down to it's looks and time of release.

It's fine with the title FFXI but it would've been so cool to call it a side game.

But your right, it really does not matter at this point. I enjoy the game, especially the community within it.

Error2k4 said:
FFIX is great fuck the haters, likeable cast, awesome music (FFVIII soundtrack still is better) although the battle theme kinda sucks, a simple system to build up your characters, armors!, character have unique ability not every character is the same except for dagger and eiko but that's because of story purposes unlike FFVII and FFVIII which it really deosn't matter what party you have because you can build everyone almost the same way becuse of materia and junction system.

Yeah, I really need to set aside time to play it. My backlog this gen though is pretty big. I still need to finish Grandia for my PS1 too. I'ill probably love it, I really enjoy the Final Fantasy games, my tastes seem to be more variable than others, even if I don't have much time anymore.

Deadly Monk said:
VII was incredible to see at the time but it was such a cold game to me. The story, the characters and the magic system (crystals you put in slots?) were not meaningful to me. How stale it is to have to pop in crystals for my weapons...

Sephiroth looked cool but there wasn't a lot to him. I'm sorry but it sounds like, for many, this game came down to it's looks and time of release.

That can be applied to games in general, things are far more impactful the first time it's done and seen, and I take it as such. I have fond memories. Gaming gets more and more refined and advance and so do my taste change overtime, but I will still remember how much I loved it when I came out cause the older I get the colder to gaming in general I'm starting to get. I'm no where near the eat, drink, think, sleep all about videogames guy like I was in highschool.

When I saw that remake PS3 teaser, it stirred some old memories and feelings in me that I thought didn't happen to me anymore. It's a childhood link I supposed, but damn if I didn't love it.

Top Bottom