• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this channel is still up..

Searched the last couple pages and didn't see it mentioned. But it seems the only video they have up now is the apology. Everything else is locked. Maybe they're finally done with it?

I can't say if they had an abusive household before they started on YouTube but the channel had its own negative impact. As long as that bit of evil is removed from the world then the internet did pretty good today.

I've watched some more vids last night from a Youtuber called Joy Sparkle BS.
She has gone through a similar situation as a kid and is able to nail the feelings and behaviour of Cody as a reaction to his parents.
She analyzes some footage the Nerd City video doesn't cover.

Some observations:

Throughout the video's you can tell there's a sense of Cody being the 'special kid' of the family. At his young age, Cody is already into self harming and has 'smeared poop on the wall'.
They've messed this poor kid up so much that he's suffering from this problematic behaviour and is being blamed for it.

Stepmom seems like the manipulative 'evil mastermind' who sincerely takes pleasure in the agony of "the gingers". It looks like she's actively feeding Daddyofive with negativity regarding Cody and his sister. Daddyofive seems to be receptive for this shit and is easily influenced by her.
There's a point where she outright says that it would be fun to have "1 o' dem gingers roll over the stairs" and how their "squealing" would be hilarious.... How fucked up do you have to be?
In the video about Cody being left out from the familytrip to Disneyland, Daddyofive expresses his feelings about the situation to Mommy. It doesn't feel right at all to him to leave Cody out. Daddy's feelings be damned. Mommy literally says "don't start your crap" to Daddy, insists Cody can't come and only has himself to blame.

Laieon

In the video about Cody being left out from the familytrip to Disneyland, Daddyofive expresses his feelings about the situation to Mommy. It doesn't feel right at all to him to leave Cody out. Daddy's feelings be damned. Mommy literally says "don't start your crap" to Daddy and insists Cody can't come and only has himself to blame.

I don't buy this at all. I think the Dad is to blame just as much as the mom and in that scene his "feelings" came off just as disingenuous as both of these apology videos have.

Budi

I don't buy this at all. I think the Dad is to blame just as much as the mom and in that scene his "feelings" came off just as disingenuous as both of these apology videos have.

Yeah there's no need to start thinking which one is worse, they are both very aware what happens in the house and they both participate in it. And they both deserve a punch in the face, not just a slap.

Lakitu

st5fu
I feel so sorry for the children. I'm watching a video about Cody and I want to hug him :( The parents don't have an ounce of good in them and reinforces my belief that some people shouldn't be parents. I hope they get in trouble.

TheOddOne

If you want to see a delusional apology video, this one takes the fucking cake. They deflect blame and indirectly still blame the kids.
“This has absolutely been the worst week of our life. We have made some terrible parenting decision and we just want to make things right.”

“This week we had a lot of time to just stand back, to jump out of character, and to see what we’ve done and how we come across. I understand how everyone feels, I acknowledge and respect how everyone feels about this. I do agree that we put things on the internet that should not be there. We did things we should not do.”

“As a mother, over the last week, looking back at the videos and just thinking about things. If I didn’t know the people and I saw some of those things, I would be thinking the same thing. I would be like those poor children

“Once people started watching us and you know the kids got excited about it and they would try to see how many views they could get and we feel like we went from something that wasn’t so bad and then we just kept getting more and more for the shock factor versus reality and to see what could get more views.”

“They kind of feel like some of it is their fault and it’s not their fault. It’s not, we’re the parents we should have made better decisions.”

“We could give them a lot more then we could before. We just felt we were doing the best thing that we could for them

“We are now in family counseling, because we need it. Not only to get through the media stuff but we needed to come back together have everybody, even the kids, to understand what we did wrong in all this.”

“We just want to give our kids back some type of normalcy. We just want them to be able to go back to school just live their lives.”

“I just wanted to take care of everyone. We just wanted them to be happy. We just wanted our kids to be happy, we went about it the wrong way.”

“We’re focused on making sure that our kids don’t have to deal with so much backlash from our bad decisions and we realize now what kind of situation we put them in and we’re just really sorry to them.”

Peroroncino

"We just wanted them to be happy. We just wanted our kids to be happy, we went about it the wrong way."

What? Are they fuckin' delusional? In what universe treating a child like that would make them happy?

Budi

What? Are they fuckin' delusional? In what universe treating a child like that would make them happy?

I guess with the money that the abuse brings in from Youtube. So they can buy them stuff, since that's how you show love and care to your kids. You bribe them with shit.

KanameYuuki

I'm watching a video commentary showing a compilation about it and damn, I just started crying, you can notice how much of a hell the lives of all those kids are, special Cody, and it seems he has an scar on his wrist, I don't evne want to think where that did that come from. And when the little boy talks on the bathtub is just too much.

those people don't deserve to have any kind of life on their care, and if they were able to do that in front of the camera and thousand of people watching, I can't imagine the torture those kids must be having right now since I wouldn't be surprised if the parents are blaming them.

Fuck Those two.

rjinaz

I've watched some more vids last night from a Youtuber called Joy Sparkle BS.
She has gone through a similar situation as a kid and is able to nail the feelings and behaviour of Cody as a reaction to his parents.
She analyzes some footage the Nerd City video doesn't cover.

Some observations:

Throughout the video's you can tell there's a sense of Cody being the 'special kid' of the family. At his young age, Cody is already into self harming and has 'smeared poop on the wall'.
They've messed this poor kid up so much that he's suffering from this problematic behaviour and is being blamed for it.

Stepmom seems like the manipulative 'evil mastermind' who sincerely takes pleasure in the agony of "the gingers". It looks like she's actively feeding Daddyofive with negativity regarding Cody and his sister. Daddyofive seems to be receptive for this shit and is easily influenced by her.
There's a point where she outright says that it would be fun to have "1 o' dem gingers roll over the stairs" and how their "squealing" would be hilarious.... How fucked up do you have to be?
In the video about Cody being left out from the familytrip to Disneyland, Daddyofive expresses his feelings about the situation to Mommy. It doesn't feel right at all to him to leave Cody out. Daddy's feelings be damned. Mommy literally says "don't start your crap" to Daddy, insists Cody can't come and only has himself to blame.

Yep, I think the Mom is actually the bigger monster here. She takes pleasure in harming those kids that aren't actually hers and that have issues. The Dad goes along with it, which makes him just as shitty of course, but the mom is egging it on.

Budi

Yep, I think the Mom is actually the bigger monster here. She takes pleasure in harming those kids that aren't actually hers and that have issues. The Dad goes along with it, which makes him just as shitty of course, but the mom is egging it on.

How the hell can you come in a such conclusion when the dad is even physically harming the kids when apparently the mom isn't even there to instigate it. There's absolutely no need to go there. He is a grown man, he isn't like the kids who are made to bully their siblings.

I can't believe what direction this thread is going to, you people are fucking insane.

rjinaz

How the hell can you come in a such conclusion when the dad is even physically harming the kids when apparently the mom isn't even there to instigate it. There's absolutely no need to go there. He is a grown man, he isn't like the kids who are made to bully their siblings.

I can't believe what direction this thread is going to, you people are fucking insane.

Insane?

Ok you're right, there is no need to go there. The Dad is shit. The Mom is on tape in several videos emotionally torturing the children as well. I wasn't absolving the Father of anything. I was pointing out, through her own words quoted above the page how she seems to specifically want to target her two step kids. I might be mistaken, but insane? Come on. The Mother is shit too.

Curious though, what people have gone insane here?

Amikami

Banned

How is the dad "going along" when he's usually the one instigating it? Furthermore, what makes you feel like harming kids that aren't yours for fun is much worse than harming your very own kids for fun. The latter is even more unbelievable. Regardless, both are shit. This whole evil manipulative step--mother narrative is as fucking old as fairytales and it's dumb. The woman isn't the evil seductress that convinced an innocent man to harm is children. they're just both evil people who found one another.

rjinaz

How is the dad "going along" when he's usually the one instigating it? Furthermore, what makes you feel like harming kids that aren't yours for fun is much worse than harming your very own kids for fun. The latter is even more unbelievable. Regardless, both are shit. This whole evil manipulative step--mother narrative is as fucking old as fairytales and it's dumb. The woman isn't the evil seductress that convinced an innocent man to harm is children. they're just both evil people who found one another.

Honestly, what happened is I was watching that video with the Mother saying those things so I was just particularly pissed off at her at the moment. I was mistaken. You're both right, there is no point in picking out which is the worst parent. They are both shit.

Arkeband

Banned
So is their channel just milking views with apology videos now? Seems shrewd but it can't last forever. Does the family have any other source of income?

rjinaz

So is their channel just milking views with apology videos now? Seems shrewd but it can't last forever. Does the family have any other source of income?

The mom is allegedly an accountant. I don't know what the Dad does. I think they were living outside their means because of the videos. My guess is now that that resource is gone they are going to have to make life changes. I feel bad for Cody because judging by everything in the videos, the are going to resent that kid even more now.

Kinyou

I find it hard to make any conclusions about their relationships power structure from those videos. What's clear right now is that they're both abusive assholes

rjinaz

I find it hard to make any conclusions about their relationships power structure from those videos. What's clear right now is that they're both abusive assholes

That's true. I think watching the Mother has just reminded me of how awful my own step-mother is. She is completely manipulative, has managed to isolate my dad from my entire family. I haven't seen him in years. She even coaxed him into hitting me in the face one time when I was younger, something completely against his nature.

My emotions got the best of me for a moment. This situation is emotionally charged.

Kinyou

That's true. I think watching the Mother has just reminded me of how awful my own step-mother is. She is completely manipulative, has managed to isolate my dad from my entire family. I haven't seen him in years. She even coaxed him into hitting me in the face one time when I was younger, something completely against his nature.

My emotions got the best of me for a moment. This shit is emotionally charged.
Sorry to hear that. Makes it pretty understandable.

rjinaz

Sorry to hear that. Makes it pretty understandable.

Thanks. My childhood was pretty decent until she came along and by then I was a mid teen anyway so not much damage done. In the end I just really feel bad for those kids. I can't believe they are still with the parents it's insane to me.

Their sub count has gone up :/
Makes sense in a way. Those subscribed aren't going to unsubscribe, they knew what the channel was. And new people are subscribing just so they can follow the story along. Kind of like how people follow people on twitter they actually hate. I don't though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Best case scenario is that they do go through family counseling and learn how to actually be good parents to their kids. Their YouTube channel is done. I don't see them being able to create content anymore. I hope they do learn about the damage they've been doing to their children and grow the fuck up and act like real parents.

Best case scenario is the kids are taken away from them and put in better homes, they are not allowed to adopt anymore, and both are required to get birth control surgeries.

The last one isn't going to happen, but hopefully the other two do.

rjinaz

Best case scenario is the kids are taken away from them and put in better homes, they are not allowed to adopt anymore, and both are required to get birth control surgeries.

The last one isn't going to happen, but hopefully the other two do.

Yeah that's where I'm at. I mean if you abuse your children, you are a child abuser. That's not something that just goes away, because it's not something that just kind of happened. It's who you are, you're a monster. You take pleasure in harming others, your own kids, defenseless. You can get anger counseling and what have you, but your kids, especially the youngest, will forever be at risk which is unacceptable. It seems like they may have specials needs at that.

if this ends in any way other then the two youngest away from the parents (ideally with their birth mom assuming she is suitable) I think that it's a great injustice and tragic for those kids.

Budi

Insane?

Ok you're right, there is no need to go there. The Dad is shit. The Mom is on tape in several videos emotionally torturing the children as well. I wasn't absolving the Father of anything. I was pointing out, through her own words quoted above the page how she seems to specifically want to target her two step kids. I might be mistaken, but insane? Come on. The Mother is shit too.

Curious though, what people have gone insane here?

Mom and dad are indeed both shit. There is no reason, no justification to start pushing narrative that the dad is somehow controlled by the mother and isn't acting out of his own disregard to the kids well being. But suddenly I start to see posts that do just this. That is what I found insane. This isn't Palpatine and Darth Vader situation.

People weren't straight up defending the dude and shifting all the blame to the mother. But it was starting to get dangerously close to that.

Edit: And seems like you already explained your reaction. So no need to do it again. And really sorry to hear what you shared about yourself. I can understand why you would project that to this. Sorry for the insane comment, it was too harsh considering your personal past.

rjinaz

Mom and dad are indeed both shit. There is no reason, no justification to start pushing narrative that the dad is somehow controlled by the mother and isn't acting out of his own disregard to the kids well being. But suddenly I start to see posts that do just this. That is what I found insane. This isn't Palpatine and Darth Vader situation.

I agree with you, and I realize it. Admittedly, you calling me insane put me on the defensive a bit with my reply, but I nonetheless agree it was a stupid conclusion to come to and I did it out of emotion. I'm back to square one of just thinking they are both horrible child abusers especially after rewatching the original videos just now. Thanks for explaining what you meant. After reading this last page, I agree, I think with the new info coming out about the Mom and what she said kind of just leaned more of the hate her way for the time, but it's not right, just emotionally charged.

Edit: And seems like you already explained your reaction. So no need to do it again. And really sorry to hear what you shared about yourself. I can understand why you would project that to this. Sorry for the insane comment, it was too harsh considering your personal past.

Cool. Thanks.

KanameYuuki

There is no best case scenario on this one, the harm to all of those kids was already done, who knows how they will end up as grown ups, that's if they don't decide to commit suicide, will they continue the cycle when they have their own family? which I'm sure was the case with the parents.

And what's the point of finding who the biggest monster here is?

Both Mom and Dad are equally scumbags you can see how at one point on the video where Dad was discussing if they should really left Cody out of the Disney trip feeling the tiniest bit of empathy and Mom was pretty much stating "fuck that kid" . Is it to push on any side? I'm not even surprise about the internet anymore but its still pity.

Budi

I agree with you, and I realize it. Admittedly, you calling me insane put me on the defensive a bit with my reply, but I nonetheless agree it was a stupid conclusion to come to and I did it out of emotion. I'm back to square one of just thinking they are both horrible child abusers especially after rewatching the original videos just now. Thanks for explaining what you meant. After reading this last page, I agree, I think with the new info coming out about the Mom and what she said kind of just leaned more of the hate her way for the time, but it's not right, just emotionally charged.

In case you missed my edit, I apologize for that "insane" comment. Just like you, I responded with strong emotions.

rjinaz

In case you missed my edit, I apologize for that "insane" comment. Just like you, I responded with strong emotions.

It's amazing and depressing that two strangers on a forum can seem to care more about these two kids than the parents and even their loved ones that know them and see them regularly, to get them to put a stop to it.

The mom seems to particularly dislike Cody and Emma compared to the other kids. I don't think you're crazy for noticing that.

rjinaz

The mom seems to particularly dislike Cody and Emma compared to the other kids. I don't think you're crazy for noticing that.

That's true. But what I did was imply she is worse somehow, but as another posted pointed out, HE is their Dad, their actual blood, and he is abusing them. It was stupid of me to try and weigh two monsters. Let the courts decide that if need be.

entremet

Are the authorities genuinely not going to look into this?

There's a hierarchy of priorities with legal action in order of importance with corporations being at the top and minorities and children being at the lowest rung. Look at the Penn State fiasco.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeFranco/comments/66t8hb/i_found_edited_audio_that_proves_daddyofive_knew/

Asshole cut and edited audio to make himself look better. If the videos alone were not already damning...

Wow, that dude breaking out the spectral display:
n4rcJQml.jpg

Plus that clip of the daughter having her statements cut out as she sits in the all to familiar fetal position that we often see Cody in.
Based on what we've heard Cody say in similar situations, it's pretty obvious she's saying she wants to go back to her biological mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom