• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yusuf Mehdi: In the long run our console will win

zainetor

Banned
No it doesn't. They won't win in the long run because they have nothing to run with. They blew their load early on. Sony kept things for TGS (Does MS attends it?).
It's actually smarter because revealing more exciting games closer to release generates positive buzz not now when it's not needed, but in Fall when people are going to to go to stores and make the final decision.

funny, how do you know this?
Thay have 2 studios in japan, who are probably working on something to unveil at TGS.

What I hear is that before launching we are better positioned, with a complete value proposition.

I gotta admit, that value proposition is pretty complete.

Kyon

Banned
Which 17 games shown were exclusives?

to Xbox One and not anything else is from the top of my head:

Ryse
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports
Crimson Dragon (that kinect game)
Sunset Overdrive
Dead Rising 3(lol this is most def timed)

forgetting a few more

Wynnebeck

Banned
I don't know why GAF is bashing MS again in this thread.

What the guy says makes sense.

Nobody is "bashing" MS. They continue to make these inane statements involving the platform and drinking their own kool-aid. Third console curse indeed.

Why don't they fuck off with this 24 hour connection thing. The point isn't just whether or not I have a decent connection, I just want to play the game I paid for without being treated like a suspected criminal.

DBT85

I think you need to included some of the indie games that they announced for the 360, plus games like that zombie vs flower: garden warfare.

Just like the Sony Indies most will be multiplat eventually.

I disagree with Mr Mehdi.

Deraj

Having no idea who Mehdi is, it's funny that I correctly guessed which company he works for based on the arrogance in the thread title.

Courage

What's funny is that in the long run they won't be moneyhatting games so their 17 exclusives will be reduced to 2-3 yearly.

There is not a chance in the world they beat the PS4 - they didn't even beat the PS3.

Didn't everyone say the PS3 was doomed after the 2006 E3? They managed to turn it around, why can't Microsoft do the same?

People wrote off the 3DS when that was launched, now it's flourishing.

People said the iPad was a waste of time and I think it's currently doing quite well.

Kyon

Banned
Below.

And CD isn't a Kinect game.

interesting. Wasn't it always said to be a kinect game? I didnt know this changed :eek:

Didn't everyone say the PS3 was doomed after the 2006 E3? They managed to turn it around, why can't Microsoft do the same?

People said the iPad was a waste of time and I think it's currently doing quite well.

did you just make an Ipad comparison...

also lol MS will not turn anything around. They have been doing this since OG Xbox always finishing in last place

We unveiled 20 titles for Xbox One, of which 17 are exclusive to this console. I do not think Sony can say the same. What I hear is that before launching we are better positioned, with a complete value proposition. With the installed Skype voice service and Kinect motion sensor included. No point in winning a show, because the test will be the consumer. In the long run our console will win.
Sony focused on launch and Q1 2014 titles. Do we have any idea which of those 17 will be available in the same timeframe.

You never know, something could happen.

It's not like any of those examples though.

to Xbox One and not anything else is from the top of my head:

Ryse
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports
Crimson Dragon (that kinect game)
Sunset Overdrive
Dead Rising 3(lol this is most def timed)

forgetting a few more

Titanfall (console exclusive)
Black Tusk Studios unannounced game
Quantum Break
Project Spark

Sojgat

me neither.

ryse, forza 5, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Kinect sports heroes (preshow), Halo (does that even count?)
below (MS published?), titanfall (timed)

thats 9, of which I think only 7 are proper exclusive and one is just a name.

they announced 15 first party games would be coming in the first 12 months, Sony announced 20

I don't see how you get anywhere near 17 exclusives or Sony not being able to say the same because they said 20. Odd.

The Black Tusk shooter is another.

It's like all MS executives are channelling that 2005-2007 Sony executive spirit.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on over at Redmond, is there something funny in the water?

liquidtmd

Banned
I don't know why GAF is bashing MS again in this thread.

What the guy says makes sense.

I agree GAF is on MS bash overload but at this point its almost too easy - they are damaging themselves more than GAF ever could.

If he had named the 17/20 I may have taken him seriously. Its just so vague.

Kusagari

Did you seriously just bring up the iPad?

And the main problems with the 3DS and PS3 were price. The Xbone's problems are at the heart of how the system itself has been designed.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I really dont get their push for the online check and justifying it by saying use a different service when I shouldnt have to in the first place. They say that the benefit of the online check is that it updates my library but if my online connection is so crudy that I need to use a mobile to check in with them why in the world would it be good enough to download games from the library? Makes literally zero sense.

bebop242

I love that Microsoft's strategy was to try to divert the DRM issues with GAMES GAMES GAME GAMES at E3. How could they think that lineup they had was going to kill Sony? Before the show I was thinking "OMG exclusive Mirror's Edge (heck every EA game lol), Fallout 4, Legacy of Kain reboot, a bunch of other 3rd party titles."

Turned out their biggest 3rd party exclusive is also available on the 360 and PC

HAVE YOU SEEN TITALFALL!!?!?!? conversation over.

Because Microsoft is so clearly motivated to make a profit on the XBOXONE to the point where you can't rely on them to break the bank too much and too consistently to keep us happy. The whole XBOXONE alone is already designed to make them money in every way possible.

ghostmind

What does this guy know about gaming? He's a marketing VP who has spent the bulk of his time at Microsoft trying to sell people on MSN.

Translated from one of the main general papers in Spain:

http://translate.google.es/translat.../17/actualidad/1371450808_152102.html&act=url

I corrected the most striking quotes from the translation:

We unveiled 20 titles for Xbox One, of which 17 are exclusive to this console. I do not think Sony can say the same. What I hear is that before launching we are better positioned, with a complete value proposition. With the installed Skype voice service and Kinect motion sensor included. No point in winning a show, because the test will be the consumer. In the long run our console will win.

In answer to the question:
Is not it excessive to have to connect at least every 24 hours for it to work?

No. It is a mere connection to check who the user is and what is in your account. It doesn´t require a powerful connection. Just use a mobile for the check.

In answer to the question:
Are we witnessing the last generation with physical based support?

I understand that there are moments when you want to have the physical product, as with children at Christmas, you do not have patience to download. Each country is different, with their customs, and other connections, so we decided to leave.

The bolded answer wins every time.

- PS3 made Sony lose it's privilege position on the console market. They managed to don't make it a total disaster but the clear loss is there.

- 3DS need a really big price cut and still the sales in everything that isn't japan are just decent. The platforms still carries most of the problems it had since launch.

- Apple is Apple.

Meier

I don't have a problem with his statement as he obviously has to be confident publicly. I'm afraid I don't agree though.

Hey look, another MS jackoff saying to just use mobile tethering if your internet goes out.

I love it, one guy will say you need 1.5mb connection on the xbone and then others tell you to tether your phone, when has 3G ever hit 1.5mb for people? also internet bills.

Kafel

Banned
it does? Here is MS's own list of 'all games announced at E3'. Can you point out the 17 exclusive ones? Unless they're talking about exclusive DLC bullshit.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3/e3-xbox-one-games

I think I can count 15 games on this page that are not announced for the PS4, maybe I'm missing something.

Below
D4
DR3
Fantasia
Forza 5
Halo
Just Dance (?)
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports
Minecraft
PvZ
Spark
Quantum Break
Ryse
Sunset Overdrive
+ Lococycle

am I reading this incorrectly?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
This should mean games, I'm interested. However, hubris isn't good now but I can appreciate the bravado.

It's like all MS executives are channelling that 2005-2007 Sony executive spirit.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on over at Redmond, is there something funny in the water?

They're not really because Sony actually had something to be arrogant and cocky about. Despite this gen being a good one for MS they are still coming into the next generation having sold less than either of their competitors. How that made them think they could just do whatever the fuck they want is beyond me.

Do people honestly believe that after the launch they will continue to pump out the same amount of exclusive retail games given their track record with the 360? I just don't believe them when they keep bringing up their game lineup for launch...

And the arrogance in their statements are perplexing, they know what the gaming journos are saying they can't be that oblivious as to how they're coming off.

Facism

it's always "what i hear" or "what i've heard from the guys" or "we're hearing" with these execs. how do you not know your own message 100%?

Top Bottom