• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Z Nation Season 1 |OT| The Asylum does Zombies on Syfy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jond76

Banned
Another fun episode. I'm really enjoying this show way more than expected. Fireman zombies. Tom Everett Scott is a badass with a hammer. Keep the fun coming!

Parch

Was curious about this. Sounds like I need to check it out.
I'm beginning to think I'm never going to get sick of zombie stuff.

thenexus6

Just watched the first episode, jesus that was bad. I might continue watching for comedy factor, but then again I could be doing better things with my time.

I saw an advert for something called "Town of the living dead" while watching and that looks pretty interesting.

knirk

Banned
It's just getting better and better.
One should not compare it to The Walking Dead though, this is light, funny zombie action with a little depth.

Forsythia

I like it. Well, the story is incredibly predictable, the acting is bad, I don't care for any of the characters, but who cares, it's fun!

someday

Banned
Ok, wasn't expecting that at all. I am officially liking this more than The Walking Dead though, and I'm a fan of that show. This shit is just crazy and unpredictable, the way it should be.

atr0cious

This feels like a half stolen Monster Nation which should be a show. Do any of the characters
kill themselves and become a cognitive talking zombie?

jond76

Banned
This feels like a half stolen Monster Nation which should be a show. Do any of the characters
kill themselves and become a cognitive talking zombie?

I've read that series (it was cool), but no, not really borrowing from it. There's one guy who looks to be slowly turning zombie, but under different circumstances.

Silky

Banned
Well this week's episode was a good, cute episode. I like learning more of what other people are doing in this show that isn't crazy as fuck.

I'm curious
as to what this means for Murphy when he bit that dude but he didn't turn. He OBVIOUSLY can rip chunks out of people now. But can his bites actually cure people?

10k is still the best character in the show :3

DrBo42

This show is absolute B movie shlock but it knows it and embraces it. AND it has the balls to just outright
murder main characters
with little to no fanfare. It's kind of refreshing to be honest.

Vert boil

Them letterboxing the episode amused me a little too much but it was worth it in the end for Roberta's return. Pretty swanky.

Murphy is still a creepy fucker and ⇓

I'm curious
as to what this means for Murphy when he bit that dude but he didn't turn. He OBVIOUSLY can rip chunks out of people now. But can his bites actually cure people?

that seems to be the case. It's quite cool that they turned the standard zombie lore on its head (I presume they borrowed the idea from other zombie fiction).

jond76

Banned
Well this week's episode was a good, cute episode. I like learning more of what other people are doing in this show that isn't crazy as fuck.

I'm curious

10k is still the best character in the show :3

It certainly appears that way. He needs to chomp the main cast, stat!

Slower episode, but that's fine. I get that they need to decompress after last week's tragedy, plus, they are setting up a giant problem for next week.

jond76

Banned
Another good episode (I was lukewarm on last weeks, but this was much better). I liked the citizen z side story (playing that Dead Rising 3!).

Murphy was stone fucking cold, but an asset to the team. Next week looks like bad news.

This show is firing on all cylinders.

Silky

Banned
This week's episode was solid. Murphy's turning slowly, it looks like. Or he's just becoming more dickish. I bet it'll be to the point where he can summon zombies to fight for him lol.

I hate that the show uses stock-screams from old films, though.

someday

Banned
Murphy, goddamn. That was harsh with the family but I appreciate that the show isn't afraid to do something like that. Next week doesn't look so good for whatshisface.

knirk

Banned
This show is just getting better and better.
Love that is just straight out zombie-bashing fun and not so much drama that have plagued TWD for a while.

Great to see that it will get a second season as well.

Odd show, I feel it should be a bit rubbish but am really enjoying it. Liked the little nod to TWD in the first episode and the 'no one is safe' policy keeps things interesting.

knirk

Banned
The latest episode was a bit weak, but nevertheless I liked it.

Can't wait for the
radioactive zombies next week though =)

jond76

Banned
Hopefully Addy is done with her breakdowns. I was also glad to hear that they are actively trying to catch up to the group. I thought they were jumping ship.

Next week looks like its back to the normal wackiness.

jond76

Banned
Good episode. I was waiting for the obvious joke about getting on a plane piloted by someone named Amelia. Never came.

Radioactive zombies were fun, Robbie the robot was funny. "crashed 100 miles out of town" "You covered a lot of ground..". "Ok, 10 miles, whatever" lol.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I officially like this show...which means i will have to watch it be cancelled soon and replaced with a shitty show i didnt ask for thanks SyFy

jond76

Banned
So I'm guessing this show is worth the watch? Better than TWD?

It leans closer to Zombieland than TWD in terms of tone, but it doesn't reach all out comedy.

Its an entirely different take on zombies and its fun, so its definitely worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom