• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Z Nation Season 1 |OT| The Asylum does Zombies on Syfy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely forgot to post here about last week's episode. I enjoyed it quiet a bit got a kick out of Doc's part. I felt really bad for Vasquez though that was so depressing and I do wish we got a little more on Murphy but overall a good episode it felt like they are setting it up for someone to die next episode though. This season has been a wild ride and i'm so happy we are getting a season 3 I can't wait for the finale in 2 days i'm so excited. <3 Murphy

someday

Banned
I agree that it feels like someone is going to die next episode. I don't want to lose anyone though! I actually like this crew and they work great together. I suppose I'd be ok if it is the new guy who's name I simply cannot remember. I just don't want to lose Warren, Addy, Doc, or 10k.

Ricker

Didnt watch last week yet so I will wait for tomorrow's final and watch them back to back this weekend...I wasn't crazy about the 2 part episodes with that cartel gang,too many quiet moments.

SRG01

Pretty good finale. Thought it was cool that
Murphy's kid is growing up abnormally fast

There's a bit of a plot hole though
why were those parents now completely zombified? I thought Murphy's bite didn't do that

edit: So why does Z Nation only do 13 episode seasons? Is that typical for SyFy shows?

jond76

Banned
Good season overall. Some interesting cliffhangers. Gotta say though, the season peaked really early with episode 2.

I guess i'm totally reviving an old thread and I greatly apologize I can't believe I missed posting here when the finale aired.

HERE BE SPOILERS
It was a pretty awesome episode I hope Vasquez comes back and i'm seriously doubting 10k is dead nice to see Scorpio come back wasn't expecting that honestly and Kurrian's head is still around somewhere right? lol. Nice to see Lucy again I just hope they don't eventually phase out Murphy in favor of her I love him too much. <3 Wasn't as good as season 1's finale that one would be hard to beat but i'm super excited for the year to come with Season 3 I guess i'll see you guys then! :)

someday

Banned
Don't worry about reviving the thread. It's the only place to talk about the show and I'm always interested to hear what others think about it.

aku:jiki

I guess i'm totally reviving an old thread and I greatly apologize I can't believe I missed posting here when the finale aired.
Don't worry about it, man. Threads labeled OT are the ones you can feel fully free to bump without remorse, that's what they're for.

I was a bit meh on the finale. I like the fact that they're obviously going for uniting Citizen Z with the crew, though he probably won't arrive until the end of season 3, if even that. Didn't like that the zeros wouldn't fucking go away, but I guess we're finally rid of them. I don't think they did, but they better not have killed 10K.

It seems like there is no Season 2 thread so I'm bumping this one to remind everyone that Z-Nation Season 2 is available on Netflix (US) as of today!

I watched Season 1 last year on Netflix and really enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to S2. On episode 1 right now.

So, I powered through season 2. I enjoyed it overall. Some mid-season episodes were a bit slow for my liking, but overall I enjoyed it.

Questions I have:

Season 2, Episode 6:
How did Murphy convince the couple to take his baby? Did he bite them or something and I missed it?

Season 2, Episode 15:
So, 10K either died on the submarine or somehow bailed out and swam away. I guess he probably survived. However, where do they go from here? I feel like the show is running out of steam suddenly now that the "get to the CDC lab!" plot that's been hanging around for 1.5 seasons is essentially done.

Overall, fun season. Not as good as the first IMO, but fun nonetheless. Looking forward to season 3 (which has been confirmed, btw). I'm just not sure where they can go next. Also, I actually really enjoy the acting in this show. The budget is obviously overall low, but I think the acting does a great job considering the limited props/CGI they have.

someday

Banned
So, I powered through season 2. I enjoyed it overall. Some mid-season episodes were a bit slow for my liking, but overall I enjoyed it.

Questions I have:

Season 2, Episode 6:
How did Murphy convince the couple to take his baby? Did he bite them or something and I missed it?

Season 2, Episode 15:
So, 10K either died on the submarine or somehow bailed out and swam away. I guess he probably survived. However, where do they go from here? I feel like the show is running out of steam suddenly now that the "get to the CDC lab!" plot that's been hanging around for 1.5 seasons is essentially done.

Overall, fun season. Not as good as the first IMO, but fun nonetheless. Looking forward to season 3 (which has been confirmed, btw). I'm just not sure where they can go next. Also, I actually really enjoy the acting in this show. The budget is obviously overall low, but I think the acting does a great job considering the limited props/CGI they have.
For the first question, yes, he bit them.

For the second, I really have no idea. I really ended up enjoying this season even though it didn't start off great for me. Murphy as a superhero is weird but the other characters and actors really made it worth it.

For the first question, yes, he bit them.

For the second, I really have no idea. I really ended up enjoying this season even though it didn't start off great for me. Murphy as a superhero is weird but the other characters and actors really made it worth it.

Murphy may be "super", but he's no hero.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Yay, a zombie show, we needed more of them.

DJ qualls :( RIP legit
Jesus Christ, you made me think he was dead.

Complete sentences man, you're running around giving people heart attacks.

How many episodes for this season? I'm hoping it comes out on Netflix soon, but I'd guess it won't be until 2017 at least
15 like Season Two (I think this two hour event is technically 1 and 2 though). Last year it ended in December then was on Netflix the following month January of this year so it probably won't be too long after the season ends but yes I guess expect next year. I so can't wait for tongiht I <3 Murphy it's been so long since i've seen my cutie bear <3

So pretty good episode tonight I guess this was to set up for things to come I really enjoyedi t and missed the show can't wait for next week biggest gripe was I was wondering where Vasquez was the whole time? I guessi t can be excused since in Zombaby Daddy Warren mentions that he keeps taking off so that could be an excuse i suppose? anyways it was pretty alright oddly enough I might have to say a better season opener than Season 2's despite the fact that this fits literally in the middle of Season 2.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, they shouldn't have bothered having that Chinese actress try to speak Chinese, because it was pretty terrible. lol

Flakster99

I'm new to the series and thanks to Netflix I'm almost caught up. About to sit down and watch season 3 episode 3.

Awesome concept and very enjoyable. Murphy as a character is genius. I have zero idea where they're going with this, cannot wait to find out.

jesu

I'm just catching up.
Just thinking, a light hearted The Walking Dead crossover episode would be a hoot!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Surprised they never went to Atlanta and basically forced a group of survivors there to kill themselves... like they always seem to do whenever they meet people.

I'm new to the series and thanks to Netflix I'm almost caught up. About to sit down and watch season 3 episode 3.

Awesome concept and very enjoyable. Murphy as a character is genius. I have zero idea where they're going with this, cannot wait to find out.
Nice to see new people around it's a really underrated show.

So how did you all like tonight's episode? I really think this season has got off to a good start and still going strong i'm really curious where all of this is headed and I can't not say my usual <3 Murphy that smirk at the end.
XSQ9c3b.jpg

Forsythia

Loved the episode, I really like what they're doing with Murphy. The plot with the mailman was fun too. It's great that there is one big storyline, but they still manage to bring something fun and fresh every week.

Screw the haters, this show is good!

Stitch

Gold Member
The first 3 episodes of Season 3 were great. I love how they always come up with interesting new stuff. The Man seems to be an interesting villain and I totally love the Inuit Family.
Also can't wait to see Murphys Kingdom :D

someday

Banned
I'm so happy 10K got away for now. I really, really hate that Murphy bit him and now he's got to take the "supplements" forever or he'll fall back under Murphy's rule again. It is nice that the zombies leave you alone though so it is a conundrum. I just don't want them to screw up 10K like they did that woman that Murphy bit in season 1 whose name I don't remember.

I enjoyed the rest of the episode too.

Last night was a pretty sweet episode I hope Murphy is going to be okay even with him shedding again? Nice to see the The Man back again too wodner what it really gonna end up happening to 10k. Looking forward to how tihs is all gonna play out ad looking forward to seeing Lucy again next week doesn't seem to interesting though with Doc and Addy off on their own with sketchy and skeezy.

Probably the weakest episode this season Friday I don't really care for sketchy and skeezy but I appreciate it was trying to do due to the election. Can't wait for this coming friday more Murph bear <3 I really hope the show gets renewed again soon.

That's a surprise. I figured with them trying to save money by only having a couple of the cast per episode meant they were about to be cancelled.

I was worried about cancellation too. Oddly enough it seems season 4 will have 13 instead of 15 so maybe there was a budget issue? There is like maybe half the episodes with select cast members sure but we've also gotten more mainstay cast members overall this season and tons of extra within Murphytown such as Hector (being a main character instead of regular) , Sun Mei , The Man , Kaya and her family , Will (Murphy's right hand man) and all those Murphytown extras and Red and 5k being in a few episodes. So i'm not really sure what the problem is because it got renewed later than the last two times sure the ratings very but so did Season 2 overall but it's still one of their highest rated shows if not the highest. So it probably was a budget thing like with Defiance but Z Nation survived in the end for now....

Pretty good episode wish it was more of the main group too considering it's the 2nd to last episode but overall I enjoyed it Addy is really determined! Next week is the finale and at least we know there will be a Season 4 but from the previews it worries me about Murphy! I don't wanna lose my Murphy bear <3

gforguava

Yeah, I fear Murphy isn't long for this world, everything just screams "Is about to die to save his daughter".

Really liked the latest episode, Addy is a boss so getting a laser-focused episode for her is lovely, thought it was one of the best episodes the show has ever done in fact. Not the best of course, "White Light" still stands supreme, but this was similarly lean and focused.

And Lucy is a delight, though I hope they solidify her age soon because even with me liking all the actresses thus far I hope we don't get to a point where I'm thinking "Man, I wished they stopped at Lucy #2 or #3."

Season finale just finished airing here. Hell of a cliffhanger. Looking forward to season 4

That's the most accurate I've ever seen an episode title. "Everybody Dies in the End."

ed: V I will say I'm really glad there IS a season 4, because that would have been a shitty end to a show.

gforguava

I'm not sure I cared for the cliffhanger.

On the one hand it felt big and ridiculous, just how I like my Z Nation, but on the other it felt like not much of anything actually came to a head, it was a cliffhanger in place of a conclusion instead of a conclusion and then a cliffhanger.

I also didn't care for the cliffhanger itself as it really felt like that by putting everyone in peril they actually have no real idea who will actually survive. Like if that is the end of Addy or Doc I'll be pissed.

I'm not sure I cared for the cliffhanger.

On the one hand it felt big and ridiculous, just how I like my Z Nation, but on the other it felt like not much of anything actually came to a head, it was a cliffhanger in place of a conclusion instead of a conclusion and then a cliffhanger.

I also didn't care for the cliffhanger itself as it really felt like that by putting everyone in peril they actually have no real idea who will actually survive. Like if that is the end of Addy or Doc I'll be pissed.
Wow what a season finale I really really enjoyed it and i'm gonna miss my fav characters especially Murphy bear <3 It's gonna be hard to until September to see him again.

Predictions
Murphy and Warren are more than likely safe Murphy just got shot but after finding out the twist that he's been dead the whole time I can't see a bullet anywhere except his head will stop him. Which leads me to Warren who is now infected with Murphy's blood so she's safe too. I think Addy will die and The Man will get away with whatever gadget he's hiding on him I imagine the kids are safe (Lucy and 5k) while I feel like either Doc or 10k are gonna bite it I just can't see Red dying so maybe Sun Mei dies randomly that'd put a stop to any experimenting cure stuff aside from choking , die , bite and injecting people and hopefully we'll find out what was up with Hector as hie awoke and his eyes turned at the end of "Heart of Darkness" so i'm kind of expecting two deaths at least..

Since there isn't a season three thread I'm bumping this bad boy to excitedly proclaim that Z-Nation Season 3 is on Netflix!

Hyped to finally catch up on this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom