• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Z Nation Season 1 |OT| The Asylum does Zombies on Syfy

Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Banned
I loved all of last season. I loved how gory it was but humorous at the same time. It was creepy and they weren't afraid to kill the cast. I'm just not that big of a fan of Murphy I guess.

It's a mix bag for me, still gonna be interesting how this plays out (spoiler heavy)

Murphy is not a solo character by any means, he works quite well in the gang but I can't see him carry the show

Sucks that Sandra just became Murphy's sidekick, I really liked her character and back story so seeing all of it be wasted is a damn shame

Nice to see that the show is always putting risks (despite never actually putting anyone in any harm from the season finale)

Liking the new bounty hunter aspect to the story, keeps the story refreshing as well as something to look forward to

Again, someone from the cast will die this season (I honestly want thre couple to go, they're not adding anything new)

The weird zombie gimmicks are neat, but I can see them running this to the ground

Don't think it's been stated other than he has shed his skin hope he's okay though it's weird i've heard from some peope they don't notice it , he looks silver or blue. Definitely blue so he's not Murphy anymore he's

Smurphy <3

Ledhead

Oh damn are they really making a season 2? I watched season 1 on Netflix. This show is sooooooo bad. That said, it's one of those soooooo bad it's good shows.

Oh damn are they really making a season 2? I watched season 1 on Netflix. This show is sooooooo bad. That said, it's one of those soooooo bad it's good shows.

Already been airing it's honestly really enjoyable. I generally love most of the cast , great blend of serious and humor mixed into the goal oriented story. Way better than watching a group of people walking and crying every other episode. Keith/Murphy is a great actor/character he's awesome the show has done everything "that other show" has taken 5 seasons to do sorry for bring it up like most people who hate on this show but it is a very different experience and I could tell you what happens in what episodes and it doesn't blend together with boring soap opera drama way more action too. Sure it may be low budget but I just really enjoy it one of my fav if not my fav tv show on right now.

Ricker

Yep,good one again...that weed smoke coming out of the car when they opened the doors brought back some memories lol...

Also I think its the first week we dont see the guy in the control center.

jond76

Banned
Glad to see this thread get bumped.

The season premiere was ok, but holy shit that second episode was like Z Nation's Saving Private Ryan. Really great.

The last episode was good too. And it's always great to see William Sadler. This is a fun show.

Bairds

Neo Member
They shot a flashback hockey game scene down at the arena last weekend. So I mean there's that? I asked some people who went and was disappointed that they weren't zombies on skates, it sounds like something this show would have done.

Another great episode tonight can't wait for next week zombie baby is coming wonder how Murphy will react once it's actually born. Anyways this season has been really good so far hoping it gets renewed for a season 3 soon. I loved Season 1 but Season 2 is really uping the game.

SnowTeeth

Banned
Mad Max episode. Baaad, but not bad, as far as Z Nation episodes go anyway... Editing during the chase scenes was nowhere near as competent as the MM movies, but as if it was ever going to be. What happened to the colour? It was almost monochrome!

Another fantastic episode really shocked they went with the baby route so early in the season but it was a really nice episode overall good humor too sucks we lost pie girl and it was so sweet seeing Murphy bear caring about others <3

Forsythia

This show is ridiculous, I love it! The cheese, the zombaby, the zombies visiting the barn with the animals like baby Jesus. I know it's technically not a good show, but at least it's fun.

Tonight gave us another great episode this season just isn't letting up on the surprises is it? Sucks to see another main character go RIP.

Forsythia

Tonight gave us another great episode this season just isn't letting up on the surprises is it? Sucks to see another main character go RIP.

I like how fastpaced it is.
And Cassandra had it coming, she was quite useless. I'm glad they decided to kill her. I'm also very happy they ditched the baby already.

Last night's episode was pretty good despite that I thought it was one of the weaker episodes this season it was pretty different it was nice to see sketchy and skeezy again would like to see them pop up more often. Next week's looks good too been waiting to finally see when George R.R Martin would show up can't wait for that.

Dali

Started watching on Netflix. This show seems really low budget and terrible. I couldn't make it through the pilot because it looked like a syfy original movie which strangely enough seems as though it has a lower budget than a single episode of walking dead. Everything from zombie makeup to effects was pretty bad. Does it get any better?

Started watching on Netflix. This show seems really low budget and terrible. I couldn't make it through the pilot because it looked like a syfy original movie which strangely enough seems as though it has a lower budget than a single episode of walking dead. Everything from zombie makeup to effects was pretty bad. Does it get any better?
It gets alot better honestly give it a chance there really aren't that many episodes either so it's not like it'll be a big loss if you go into 4 or 5 episodes and it still isn't catching on for you. i'd at least recommend watching the first 6 episodes. Especially the 6th as it's a turning point of sorts and if that doesn't end up interesting you then well maybe it's not for you. The low budget never really bothered me. It's still more effort than a farm or forest for a whole season and handful of episodes IMO.

phaonaut

The show changes a lot and not necessarily better if you are looking for another walking dead. Starts serious -> then becomes interesting -> then comedy -> end of 1st season, the new season is mostly comedy without a laugh track. The best thing the show has going for it is that it is always fun.

Z Nation reminds me of shows like Hercules and Zena, loved the shows and were a lot of fun, but tough to like if you weren't into it.

So Friday's episode was really nice overall better than last week's I think. I really liked The Collector and we really got to see into Murphy's character how he feels and certain things and even going as far as to make warren promise not to leave him once they get to California completely letting his guard down it was really nice to see that.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

It's low budget and cheesy as fuck, but that's the point. It's so bad it's kinda good.

Dali

It's low budget and cheesy as fuck, but that's the point. It's so bad it's kinda good.
Last episode was them going to a military installation looking for a helicopter. That scene at the end with the commander or whatever falling off the top of the building... I've seen better effects in an episode of power rangers. I'll keep this show in the back of my head for when I can't think of anything else to watch, but I think I'm out for now.

Decent episode but the weakest of the season so far i'd say. I wish one of these extra characters would join the cast Bernadette (sp?) would've made a nice addition.

Ricker

I dont get some complaints about the show looking bad...the UFO episode had some awesome scenes,like when they showed the zoomed out view of them driving the Volks...that looked great...I loved the last episode lol...lots of references....Brian Scully lol ;)

Yeah i do like the nods I just thought it was one of the weaker episodes overall notihng to do with "how bad" the show looks it's fine not everything has to look so "Hollywood" i guess I could put it gives it a slightly more real world realistic feel to it. I liked the newest episode alot. Doc's parts were just so out there and hilarious and I liked a few members of this tribe. I don't however care for Citizen Z he seems really tacked on now like what is the point of him anymore? but yeah another touching scene with Murphy at the end between him and Warren. I'm really starting to wonder how this is gonna play out I hope Murphy doesn't die at the end of this season i'm really glad the show is showing that Warren does care about him and you know he cares about her and the others too.

aku:jiki

Doc killing a zombie through astral projection because he was beyond fucked up on peyote is exactly why I enjoy this show.

Newest episode was really good really didn't expect that outcome and I really wish some of these one off characters would join the group it's getting to be a very small cast. Loved seeing more of how Murphy's powers work as far as turning people. I really hope he sticks around he's the central focus but i'm afraid of what they might be building up to I wish we got more of the hybrids and possibly seeing them as developed characters it really could be interesting. The side story with Addy was unexpected and cute I wish something like that would happen with me but with me and Murphy instead! :D <3

Loved this episode really can't wait to see how it plays out now first cliffhanger this show has had and this could really turn things around looks like Murphy's got something up his sleeves.

Loved this episode really can't wait to see how it plays out now first cliffhanger this show has had and this could really turn things around looks like Murphy's got something up his sleeves.

The make-up, costumes, and general culture around those psycho cartel members was pretty weird / cool. But other than that I wasn't all that interested in the plot. I prefer the super weird crazy stuff (the aliens, the grand canyon stuff, etc).

Latest episode is pretty good too think the first part of the two parter was overall better though. Murphy's "Did I do that?" :D it seems Kurian and La Reina are being set up to appear later down the road since they both "survived". Sucks they aren't going to have all those cars come the next episode. Looks liek they are in Cali now can't wait to see the group's past in the next episode especially Murphy. Only 2 more episodes left sadly.

someday

Banned
I've enjoyed this season way more than I thought I would. I actually like all of the characters (except Murphy but that's fine) and I love that nothing is off the table. I was legit worried when the last episode ended with the needle right next to whatsisface's neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom