• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda New 3DS XL consoles canceled by Best Buy for those who ordered more than one

Nobody cares if you have a kid, wife, uncle, friend, lover who also wants one. This is a limited item, and every household/fan who wants one should have a fair chance to get one. I think enforcing 1 per account is perfectly reasonable, without any regard to whether a son/daughter/niece/nephew/distant cousin wants one.

I feel zero empathy for people with more than one for "legitimate" reasons who ordered two but will only get one. Someone else who had a chance to get none will be able to purchase one.

Also, if you're a parent and your kid wants one, just do the right thing and give your kid the LE and get yourself the regular one. I think any sensible adult would be OK with that.

So much anger. Relax.

SystemUser

Are you saying he sold them out the backdoor like not through best buy registers? I work there to and I find that impossible to do if he is still working there.

No, Koppai isn't stealing them from Best Buy. It sounds like he is setting stuff to the side so that the general public doesn't have a chance to buy them. I assume he has another employee sell them to him before customers get in or he hides them in the store room so that even though they are in the computer no other employee can find them and sell them to actual customers.

Who said it was a rumor? Now you look silly. Good luck when they reopen.
Also there is no way to tell if you are legit or a scalper. You can try again with another email.

Vitacat

Isn't it all speculation though?

Mostly perhaps, but it has been reported that BB reps have said as much; that they cancelled orders due to limited supplies, no mention of scalpers or reopening orders. We'll see.

Tell your friends to order it tonight on their own?

Lol at your reasoning?

These items have sold out within 15 - 30 minutes of being put online for pre-order. I think it makes absolute sense for friends to agree to order for each other in the event one can't be online during the time window, which was completely unpredictable.

So you have no reason to lol at him.

Oxn

Read the whole thread.

BB likely isn't doing this because of scalpers, but because they aren't getting enough supply to fill all the orders they got.

That would mean the system will be even more rare. So the people who only got 1, the price increases.

Koppai

No, Koppai isn't stealing them from Best Buy. It sounds like he is setting stuff to the side so that the general public doesn't have a chance to buy them. I assume he has another employee sell them to him before customers get in or he hides them in the store room so that even though they are in the computer no other employee can find them and sell them to actual customers.
Im not allowed to do that. I cant hold it. All i can do is tell them they are in the store. But i doubt we will get them. I have only seen regular XLs. Foot in mouth again.

I already told them to check because i cant order it anyway it will get canceled lol.

Im not allowed to do that. I cant hold it. All i can do is tell them they are in the store. But i doubt we will get them. I have only seen regular XLs. Foot on mouth again.
The rumor mill says retail stores are not getting any LE's. It is all warehouse.

Koppai

The rumor mill says retail stores are not getting any LE's. It is all warehouse.
It makes sense must be extremely limited. If best buy has received enough they wouldnt have canceled duplicate orders.

Its been the same with amiibos, only for preorders.

Also I wasn't complaining in the least. I ordered knowing it could get canceled. Was just passing on the news. Also scalpers will see itt and get disappointed.

mrmickfran

Companies need to start doing this for Amiibo. Not to one per customer exactly, but limit it a bit more.

I just wanna see Mariotehplumber lose this fight >:)

Koppai

So far when amiibos have came in they have only been for preorders. I have gotten mine so far. The most ive seen us get was a restock on luigi and diddy of like 8 each

TI82

Banned
So far when amiibos have came in they have only been for preorders. I have gotten mine so far. The most ive seen us get was a restock on luigi and diddy of like 8 each

Even then my cap preorder was canceled and it was a store pick up. Hopefully some employee didn't set it aside and cancel my preorder so he could buy it :/

244.gif

I somehow got a last minute order in at Best Buy, so this is good news for me at least. I was worried it would get canceled because I was late. Don't even know how I got through tbh.

Vitacat

That's fine. Does she need a console that references a 15 year old game?

I don't even have kids, but does he not have a right to buy her whatever he chooses?

Although a limited collectors item might not be a good choice for a child who could damage it and not really appreciate it's value. So yeah...

Koppai

Even then my cap preorder was canceled and it was a store pick up. Hopefully some employee didn't set it aside and cancel my preorder so he could buy it :/
It is possible that happened but there were several times we got orders for ones and they werent on the truck.

Well you cant hide them and nothing is wrong with buying before customers come in. Even if you work there you are still customer.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Pax could really learn from this.

How so? With PAX, there's already a limit of 4 tickets for each day, per person. And when I'm rushing to buy tickets for me and my friends, I'm not going to tell them all "Oh you each have to go online to buy your own." Way smarter for one of us to get all the passes in a big lump sum.

Who exactly are you to decide what people need? Some people on this thread have interesting mindsets.

I gave my nephew a black DS Lite with a mismatched stylus and a top screen scratched to hell and back for his sixth birthday and he still plays the shit out of it two years later, I think maybe your seven year old daughter can survive with a plain black N3DSXL.

Or maybe she can't, in which case I'd like her doctor to give me the same diagnosis so I can show my wife.

I got one at Gamestop. That said I currently have 3 3DS XL's in my household with 2 being Limited Edition (1 ALBW LE, 1 NSMB 2 Wal Mart LE, 1 Blue MK bundle). My wife, my daughter, as well as myself all have our own to play. This doesn't affect me because I'm only upgrading 1 at the moment from Gamestop but if I wanted 2 and ordered from Best Buy they shouldn't automatically cancel my pre-order after originally accepting it. I understand they are trying to combat resellers but there will be people who legitimately planned to keep it that end up having it canceled. Some of those people with cancelled pre-orders may have missed out pre-ordering at other retailers because Best Buy initially accepted their order.

This whole situation is kinda sad. Nintendo needs to offer these types of items like the Euro Ambassador 3DS. Atleast then they know they are giving their customers first shot at pre-orders.

Anth0ny

Good. It needs to be limit one per customer.

It's unfortunate for people buying a second unit for family or friends, but fuck scalpers.

Good. It needs to be limit one per customer.

It's unfortunate for people buying a second unit for family or friends, but fuck scalpers.

My main problem with that is they should have not accepted the order in the first place for more than 1. Once they accepted the original order they left those who may legitimately want 2 for family in a bad position.

It's a bad situation all around honestly. I just wish there was a better way they could handle these types of items.

Condom

So why is Nintendo making so few bundles? I don't understand this.

In EU and my MH4 bundle got canceled because of low stock, like wtf.

SystemUser

Im not allowed to do that. I cant hold it. All i can do is tell them they are in the store. But i doubt we will get them. I have only seen regular XLs. Foot in mouth again.

I already told them to check because i cant order it anyway it will get canceled lol.

I misunderstood you. When you said "snag" I thought that you meant you take more action than just telling your friends that the stuff is available.

Well you cant hide them and nothing is wrong with buying before customers come in. Even if you work there you are still customer.

I am pretty sure that William J. Bestbuy would not appreciate an employee snatching up all of the limited editions for a store.

Tablo

Is the Zelda xl still glossy? Not sure if I want this or the black one.
If the Zelda gets in stock anyways...

I misunderstood you. When you said "snag" I thought that you meant you take more action than just telling your friends that the stuff is available.

I am pretty sure that William J. Bestbuy would not appreciate an employee snatching up all of the limited editions for a store.
That man does not care money is money

Koppai

Yeah I should have used a better choice of words. There really isn't anywhere you can hide stuff anyways lol.

I doubt we will get any in store. If there was a Pokemon edition one or the small 3ds i would let my friend have the MM 3DS. But alas there isn't.

Anth0ny

My main problem with that is they should have not accepted the order in the first place for more than 1. Once they accepted the original order they left those who may legitimately want 2 for family in a bad position.

It's a bad situation all around honestly. I just wish there was a better way they could handle these types of items.

This is true. Unfortunate for the people getting screwed over by this.

Top Bottom