• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zen United is publishing Persona 4 Arena in Europe

I just saw this on Facebook:
Ich habe euch Neuigkeiten versprochen, hier sind sie. Zen United ist stolz euch PERSONA 4 ARENA nach Europa zu bringen! Zu einem Release können wir noch nicht viel sagen, aber wir wollen euch so wenig wie möglich warten lassen. Um auf dem laufenden zu bleiben, könnt ihr die offizielle Website unter http://www.personaeurope.com/ erreichen. Auf Facebook findet ihr unsere spezielle P4A-Page unter http://www.facebook.com/PersonaEurope . Über alle weitere Infos halten wir euch natürlich auf dem Laufendem.
The most won't understand this but in short:
Zen United will publish Persona 4 Arena in Europe. No release date. Even no clue when. But there is a website and a official facebook page.
http://www.personaeurope.com/
https://www.facebook.com/PersonaEurope

I hope I was the first one who posted it.

Edit.: Just noticed it will be better if "... in EU" gets added to the title. Most will think US. I think...

Andrefpvs

Just sent Zen United an email asking them please no Japanese trophies in non-English PS3s this time (BlazBlue did this), wonder if it will work :p

Hmm, well as long as it isn't too long after the US release I may as well just hold off on importing it - chances are we might get a nice collectors edition.

Andrefpvs

Hmm, well as long as it isn't too long after the US release I may as well just hold off on importing it - chances are we might get a nice collectors edition.

Yeah, they didn't announce the exact month it'll be released... :\

I don't mind waiting a bit for this one if we get Golden in 2012, though.

Prevailer

It seems they're publising at least one more interesting game here...

via http://jpgames.de/2012/07/our-interview-with-ceo-of-zen-united-geraint-evans/

JPGAMES.DE: Could you tell us something about future projects of Zen United?

Geraint Evans: Ähhhhhhhhhm…no.

(laughs)

I can´t really, I can´t. But yes, if you a fan of persona and TV fighting games and RPGs and any type of Japanese products then there will be something over the next six months or so. But I can´t tell more about this, I am really sorry.

There are 6 people in Zen United? That should probably make me feel sympathetic/more patient, shouldn't it?
I can't say it really does. It was Atlus who agreed to the publishing deal.

Is he implying it's in MS/Sony Cert and ready to go otherwise?

cj_iwakura

A six person team translating a massive script like P4A's into two additional languages?

Boy I hope you EU folk don't mind waiting.

So how about P4G? Would be great if they'd publish that too. Otherwise I'd have to import it.
Well someone will definitely publish it. It's who and how long will it take.
They could have made a 2 for 1 deal considering they seem to have the "Persona Europe" branding in some of the social media sites.

A six person team translating a massive script like P4A's into two additional languages?

Boy I hope you EU folk don't mind waiting.
DavidTennantCryingintheRain.gif

Prevailer

They could have made a 2 for 1 deal considering they seem to have the "Persona Europe" branding in some of the social media sites.

Jip. Their Twitter Acc is named "PersonaEurope", their Facebook Site is named "PersonaEurope" and they own personaeurope.com which is currently the official european P4A website. Sounds like there could be some more "Persona" to come... otherwise they've could name it persona4arena-europe.com or something...

kiyomi

Doesn't sound too promising. I do hope P4G is on its way too?

As an aside, I never knew Geraint Evans headed Zen, used to spend a lot of time reading his N64 reviews.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't sound too promising. I do hope P4G is on its way too?

As an aside, I never knew Geraint Evans headed Zen, used to spend a lot of time reading his N64 reviews.

I loved that magazine so damn much. Had a very unique voice. I still don't know how we got that supposed August 31 release date. Haven't seen any confirmation for that at all.

Prevailer

Huh, isn't Pqube publishing it in Europe?

http://www.pqube.co.uk/games/persona-4-arena/

JPGAMES.DE: Why are the European and American Releases not simultaneous? And why is pqube the publisher for UK?

Geraint Evans: This is a boring answer. It is a long process to publish a game. The Japanese companies must find a publisher in other countries and they must make a lot of agreements. Once we determine that the game is ready, we must send a master copy off to the first-party publisher (Sony, Microsoft) . And so this process takes a lot of time. Zen United and pqube are partner companies, so pqube takes the distribution.

http://jpgames.de/2012/07/our-interview-with-ceo-of-zen-united-geraint-evans/

;)

Tizoc

edit: ah Prevailer cleared it up.

Really hope we get some word on the eu release date in August =_=

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
UK getting lumped into the EU set is so infinitely frustrating when looking at US releases. Already in English, add in those extra u's or don't, give now. French/German/Italian/Spanish version can be the one everyone waits 6 months for, not me.

Assy move on the region lock means I wont be supporting this title at all, maybe give it a quick rent. Hopefully a one off, as I loves me my Persona.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
UK getting lumped into the EU set is so infinitely frustrating when looking at US releases. Already in English, add in those extra u's or don't, give now. French/German/Italian/Spanish version can be the one everyone waits 6 months for, not me.

Assy move on the region lock means I wont be supporting this title at all, maybe give it a quick rent. Hopefully a one off, as I loves me my Persona.

It would be waaay more frustrating for continental Europe if it weren't. I have no need for those extra languages as well and would purchase copies that came without them, but if I couldn't buy my games from the UK this gen would have been three times as costly if I were to buy everything I bought in local retail stores.

Prevailer

Oh, and for those who didn't notice, Zen is also planning a Special Edition version for P4A in europe. I don't know, is there a SE/CE announced for the north american release yet?

JPGAMES.DE: Have you planned a Limited Edition Release for Persona 4: Arena? If so, what goodies can we expect?

Geraint Evans: Yes! But I can´t tell much more about this. There will be a Limited Edition and a very Super Special Edition as well. I think, that fans of Persona and fighting games will like it.

http://jpgames.de/2012/07/our-interview-with-ceo-of-zen-united-geraint-evans/

As far as I know Persona games were never translated in other European languages, and I'm pretty sure they won't make an exception for a fighting game.

Zen United is very close to ASW, remember the Arcana Heart 3 LE? :>
They also offered some special Blazblue and Guilty Gear postcards only released in japan in their online-shop.

Mognet

Man... Reading the P4A OT makes me sad!

I hope we get a release date soon (preferably in August but doubtful).

You forgot the "otaku edition" or something like that with the boob mousepad, dude.

i had that edition .. the boob mouse pad isn't that great bc very average with bad materials , the soundtrack sound quality is badly recorded & the artwork book is in japanese, untranslated ( what's the point , really ? ) .

Should i continue ?

The game works, yes but this was more quantity over quality than everything else ( especially given how the package was put together )

Top Bottom