• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape 3 is "Zero Time Dilemma"; Logo and Key Art Revealed

Amazon page updated with new cover art.

51mdkt89i2L.jpg

41Gg00puXqL.jpg

Hope that's not final, I mean it's OK but I want something more.

Really like that art piece, hope it representative of the style they're going with in the game.

Don't really care about it being digital only, but eu better get the dub, or else I'll import it.

SHAZOOM

Maybe its just me, but I think I see

VLR related spoiler
Luna's music necklace on Diana. Maybe Diana is the human counterpart/template for Luna?

Certinty

If you've played VLR you should know and if you haven't then you shouldn't be asking. You can't play this game before 999 and VLR.
I've played (and platinumed) VLR but I can't even remember the end very well, just when I found out this game was set before I thought it might have been a prequel in every sense.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I've played (and platinumed) VLR but I can't even remember the end very well, just when I found out this game was set before I thought it might have been a prequel in every sense.
WHAT ABOUT 999 THO?

Lime

At least the art doesn't look as gross as the previous 2 games. Hopefully the storytelling and writing will improve as well, but I don't expect it to.

Korigama

At least the art doesn't look as gross as the previous 2 games.
This saddens me, specifically when applied to 999 (Nishimura or no, design work all around was weaker in VLR). Personally, I see the shift from Nishimura to something more bland and grounded as a reason to doubt the project.

If you didn't care for the writing in either of the previous games, I'd suggest not expecting to like this one any better, because Uchikoshi certainly hasn't gone anywhere.

I'll admit, I impulse balked at it and started to question my inclination after that post, but I still don't know... Could be real.

Well one thing I don't really get is (VLR spoily spoily)
ZTD is supposed to take place right after Sigma faints in his car at the very beginning of VLR. Why does he look so much older compared to VLR?

GSR

I'll admit, I impulse balked at it and started to question my inclination after that post, but I still don't know... Could be real.

Given the first people following that account were Aksys folks, it looks pretty likely that this is real. Also I don't think Aksys would be acting like a piece of fanart is real if it had the "copyright/license" notice on it, which suggests the art itself is official.

FluxWaveZ

Given the first people following that account were Aksys folks, it looks pretty likely that this is real. Also I don't think Aksys would be acting like a piece of fanart is real if it had the "copyright/license" notice on it, which suggests the art itself is official.

Yeah, that would indicate it's real. Whole thing still feels kinda odd, though, but I guess that's their way of doing things.

Well one thing I don't really get is (VLR spoily spoily)
ZTD is supposed to take place right after Sigma faints in his car at the very beginning of VLR. Why does he look so much older compared to VLR?

Could potentially just be a difference in art style, too, if it's not something much more intriguing.

Art looks better every time I look at it

BTW I just realized someone shouted "WHAT'S IN THE BOX" at the ZTD reveal, lmao

edit

Yeah, that would indicate it's real. Whole thing still feels kinda odd, though, but I guess that's their way of doing things.

Could potentially just be a difference in art style, too, if it's not something much more intriguing.
VLR spoiler
I don't trust Zero Escape with it being just a difference in art style after the "old man" twist in VLR

At least the art doesn't look as gross as the previous 2 games. Hopefully the storytelling and writing will improve as well, but I don't expect it to.

Sorry, but what in the world are you talking about?
VLR-cast.jpg

The art for these games is gorgeous...

I think the art looks fine for a character's profile picture. It depends on how it will translate in-game, but it's in line with the more mature/dark image we saw in the first teaser, so it's all good for me.

redhood56

Banned
I think the art looks fine for a character's profile picture. It depends on how it will translate in-game, but it's in line with the more mature/dark image we saw in the first teaser, so it's all good for me.
Yeah I was about to say this. I kind of like it but I am interested in seeing how the 3D models look.

GSR

Assuming it is real (which is pretty likely, but paging Bo and all that), it's an interesting shift in art style. I still kind of wish they could've gotten the artist for the first two games back (or if it's the same artist, to stick to the old style) for consistency's sake, but it's not bad.

Transcribing the tweet here for people who don't want to go to Twitter/it gets deleted or something:

@_crash_keys_ : ATTENTION PEOPLE OF THE WORLD It has been more difficult than anticipated to smuggle http://bit.ly/1ZnNok6

URL redirects to:
http://www.tweetface.co/index.cfm/user/show/code/CURKpOAip

From that URL:
"ATTENTION PEOPLE OF THE WORLD
It has been more difficult than anticipated to smuggle information out of Dcom regarding the viral Zero Time Dilemma, but we at Crash Keys have finally obtained the most bare bones of details that should prove useful to surviving the coming apocalypse. It is necessary to reveal everything in small doses as to avoid detection, but we can share the first piece now. Stay alert for future communiqués.
Remember, the threat is real."

Also, this picture:

participant91.jpg

(it's called participant 91.jpg)

Assuming it is real (which is pretty likely, but paging Bo and all that), it's an interesting shift in art style. I still kind of wish they could've gotten the artist for the first two games back (or if it's the same artist, to stick to the old style) for consistency's sake, but it's not bad.

Kinu Nishimura isnt working on ZE3. But even then, I prefer the first art shown for ZE3. The supposed new one looks so... amateurish.

D-Man

I think that new pic of Sigma looks fine. I wonder if this means that we're slowly going to get more information on the game within the next couple of months. I'm honestly really excited to see what Uchikoshi and co. have in store for us.

GSR

it's not kinu nishimura

so that would likely be why

Kinu Nishimura isnt working on ZE3. But even then, I prefer the first art shown for ZE3. The supposed new one looks so... amateurish.

Ah, gotcha. Couldn't remember if the artist swap had been confirmed.

To be fair, GT, that image up above is the finalized, promo art for all the characters in VLR; the ZE3 art looks like something closer to Sigma's basic concept art:

There'll probably be more detail in full promo pictures, like the one they showed off at the reveal.

Damn, was gonna post that earlier, but I couldn't find this thread...

I really don't think that's Sigma, but rather a new character entirely. We'll have to see though. I also find it interesting that we only got "Participant 9" instead of a name (unless that is their name, like K). We got character names right away with VLR, and why wouldn't they just call him Sigma (or Participant 9 / Sigma) if that's who it is?

redhood56

Banned
I forgot to add that in hyped that it looks like people are wearing normal clothes. But I think (vlr spoilers)
that participant 9 showed is not sigma but the player. Looking at the key art again the hair looks different.

cbq

New art for Sigma(?) looks fine, but I loved Kinu Nishimura's art in previous games.
At least Sigma went and changed his stupid clothes :p

Top Bottom