• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape 3 is "Zero Time Dilemma"; Logo and Key Art Revealed

Praise be to Chiaki Omigawa that this is happening.

Can't wait for more of her as Phi <3

Bring back Lotus and Alice!
YOxeChP.jpg

People getting their hopes up like crazy in this thread, which I can understand, but I myself just hope for some simple things.
Like this game featuring Junpei, Sigma, Phi and Akane while concluding the trilogy in a very satisfying way.

Man I'm so hyped. Also so glad I pre-ordered the game + watch for Vita.
Now I should also pre-order it for 3DS, now that hacking it for region-free goodness is so easy.

krYlon

So, I don't know if this has already been discussed, but does the art point to the game you play in ZTD? Some kind of
timeline/dimension hopping/consciousness swapping
russian roulette? Zero time refer to the time the bullet reaches the head lol?

Swamped

Banned
Can this just be a general Zero Escape excitement thread? Because I'm super excited! Plus it's coming out in less than a year, in the summer no less, perfect timing for me.

Zero Time Dilemma eh? I told myself I wouldn't look through the words from the teaser site, but it would be kinda fun to see if any of the words have any connections to the new title. Maybe when I'm bored one evening.

KidB

I seriously hope that we'll be returning to sprites with this one, I found 999 to be much more visually pleasing than VLR

I seriously hope that we'll be returning to sprites with this one, I found 999 to be much more visually pleasing than VLR

Wouldn't hold my breath. Models tend to be somewhat cheaper than quality 2d art of anywhere near the same animation levels, and that's probably a big concern with this game.

Maybe they will go 2D and have less animations? Honestly would prefer that.

It makes stuff a lot harder, even beyond characters. For example puzzle rooms need to be redrawn from scratch for every viewing angle with 2d art, whereas rotating the view in a 3d model room is almost trivial once it's made.

They could maybe go with 2d characters and 3d rooms but that then I feel it makes any interaction between the two weird.

Plus any 2d art needs to be scalable between vita and 3ds. Not insurmountable, but again something that might be easier with models.

Basically I expect it to be 3d models just for feasibility reasons. 2d art would be great but I don't see it happening.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
If they had a t-shirt with that awesome logo on it, i'd definitely buy it. There's so much going on with it.

unnamed.png

Syntsui

I will replay the other games a month before to remember all the shit that went down. I hope they release a book with the whole story some day. It deserves it.

saturnine

I'm pretty excited about this one.

One strange thing I noticed. I pre-ordered a copy of the 3DS/Vita version [with the watch] on Amazon.com way back when it was made available, but upon checking the listing today, I noticed that there's a mention that it only ships within the US. I live in Canada, and my order hasn't been cancelled [yet?], I'm just hoping they follow through with it.

Oh COME ON. :( I can't believe they're giving the shaft to international pre-orders like that. Is there no way to avoid this bullshit?

Oh COME ON. :( I can't believe they're giving the shaft to international pre-orders like that. Is there no way to avoid this bullshit?

I hope/assume they'll fufill the ones the orders they've already accepted.

If they send me the package without the watch... Ehh, I'd still be down for that. I am not buying it as a download only title when I can import the vita game anyway.

I'm pretty excited about this one.

One strange thing I noticed. I pre-ordered a copy of the 3DS/Vita version [with the watch] on Amazon.com way back when it was made available, but upon checking the listing today, I noticed that there's a mention that it only ships within the US. I live in Canada, and my order hasn't been cancelled [yet?], I'm just hoping they follow through with it.

I don't believe the watches were even made available here at all, and I passed up on pre-orders where I could have locked in this game at a cheaper price specifically because I had them already pre-ordered on Amazon. :(

I hope/assume they'll fufill the ones the orders they've already accepted.

If they send me the package without the watch... Ehh, I'd still be down for that. I am not buying it as a download only title when I can import the vita game anyway.

There will be hell to pay if Amazon fucks me out of my watch.

Don't worry. It listed that while the preorders were open too. The thing is, if something really CAN'T be shipped to you, Amazon warns you whenever you check the total bill at the cart page (something along the lines of "One or more items in your cart can't be shipped to your selected shipping address."). I secured an order back then when it was saying the same thing, and I recently updated it with AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping without any hitches. Don't think there will be problems.

Tizoc

Not a fan of the designs in 999/VLR.... SO THIS WORKS FOR ME.

How can you not appreciate dat Kinu Nishimura goodness :p

I do hope the game'll keep some of the comical tones form the previous games.
GIMME A P!

Joey Ravn

Banned
The digital-only release in Europe is a bit of a letdown. I was planning on getting it for 3DS, just like 999 and VLR. If the price is right, I'll import it for Vita. If it ends up being more expensive, I'll get it on 3DS.

On the other hand, region-free 3DS is now a reality, so maybe I'll just go ahead and import it for 3DS :p

GamerJM

Banned
This game's the reason I'm still alive.

Give it to me Uchi.

Not gonna lie, there have been times where I get to that point in life where I just want to be gone, then I remember that I absolutely need to know the ending to the ZE saga.

Eblo

My friend pointed out that this looks like equipment for a lobotomy, designed to restrict all movement of the patient. If that is indeed the case,
would this somehow be related to Sigma's abilities? Could Diana be targeting a very specific region of his brain?

This game can't come soon enough.

Korigama

Ditching Nishimura is the thing that I'm least pleased with about this game so far, and is already creating doubts for me before we've even learned all that much about it (even with the designs for VLR being much weaker compared to 999).

Voliko

Ditching Nishimura is the thing that I'm least pleased with about this game so far, and is already creating doubts for me before we've even learned all that much about it (even with the designs for VLR being much weaker compared to 999).
Yeah... It just doesn't feel right.

Eusis

It's why I was hoping for her to still be the main one on board with some non-Nishimura key art, like the haccan stuff for Trails in the Sky. Still, this looks great and reminiscent of some older Japanese fantasy/sci-fi art and book covers (maybe this new person IS one of those artists?) so it's definitely a great alternative rather than, say, downgrading to ultra generic anime-style art or whatever.

Voliko

Has anyone pointed out Sigma's shirt? Look's like II on the left, a 13 on the right, and maybe XVII on the emblem. Whatever it means, it certainly seems to go along with the logo / time theme...

Twelvy

Pretty disappointed by digital only in Europe too. I will have to import. I just hope the japanese voice acting will be on the card, and not to download (like the last Danganronpa I think). Otherwise, being forced to reset the Vita and change account just to play the game will be really bothersome

It's one the things that's pleased me the most, ironically.

VLR's designs were pretty bad. But I love this new piece of promo art.

Narroo

It's why I was hoping for her to still be the main one on board with some non-Nishimura key art, like the haccan stuff for Trails in the Sky. Still, this looks great and reminiscent of some older Japanese fantasy/sci-fi art and book covers (maybe this new person IS one of those artists?) so it's definitely a great alternative rather than, say, downgrading to ultra generic anime-style art or whatever.

The art style shift IS a bit jarring. At the same time, the old designs were...eh...999 was hit or miss (Belly Dancing Programmers, everyone!), while VLR just went off the deep end: Circus Ring Leaders, Playboy Girls, and Qwaaark.

There is one thing that bothers me about this though: It kinda has a "Saw" feeling to it. I wasn't a big fan of Saw; I actually liked how the puzzles themselves were actually benign, and that it was either the time limits or restraining devices that caused trouble. Granted, I do have a limit for how much character idiocy I can stand.

That one conversation in 999 where everyone freaks out about being left behind was numbing, and the entirety of VLR was an exercise in cast idiocy.

cbq

Imagine this plot twist.

You play Nonary Game in Mars Test Site.
After ~40 hours of puzzle solving and different endings you reach number 9 door.
You escape through it.
And it turns out...
you are the Radical-6 virus.

GamerJM

Banned
Imagine this plot twist.

After ~40 hours of puzzle solving and different endings you reach number 9 door.
You escape through it.
And it turns out...

how would this work

yami4ct

Hopefully the art looks better when adapted into the game. Not digging the one piece we've seen so far. It's too different from the previous games. It feels out of place.

I'm there for the story, and I implicitly trust Uchikoshi, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that art didn't make me a bit nervous. Title and logo are aces, though.

Imagine this plot twist.

You escape through it.
And it turns out...
yes.jpg

Btw how would this be for a ZTD OT title: "Nine Bracelets For Mortal Men Doomed To Die"

Top Bottom