• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3/360) - Release date, details, screenshots, etc

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's likely that it's the Premium edition since it's the same as the Metal Gear Solid HD CE.

It's definitely real though. I couldn't take a picture of the scree at the time, but I'm sure it'll show up on Gamestop.com tomorrow. I wonder if it'll show up late like the MGS HD one did.

Levito

Banned
I played the first game when it was brand new way back, loved it.

The second is supposed to be a lot better right?

Sushigod7

There isn't going to be a collector's edition.

Not that Gamestop is the best indicator of everything gaming but at least they have it posted so it's a possibility. No conformation from Konami makes me think your right but don't squash my happiness.

wwm0nkey

When this comes out I am going to make my own custom cover which will just consist of this image on the front of it and nothing else

Zone_of_the_Enders_Logo_by_zerocustom1989.png

EDIT: Done

(Will probably not have the Zone of the Enders HD on the spine though)

Alcahest

Hmm I see subs..
normalmode, could you possibly comment on the game in more specific details?
For instance, is the controller layout ingame the exact same as in Anubis PS2?
More importantly, is there an option for japanese audio?
How is the framerate? It seemed all over the place on the TGS gameplay vid :(
What about the menu buttons layout, is it americanized (X=select / O=cancel) when played on a US PS3?

I still absolutely despise Bluepoint for not following Sony's TRC (how is that even possible) on MGS HD, forcing "americanized" layout regardless of the system's region.
(X=select / O= cancel on my jpn system, preposterous :/ )

So many questions! ^_^;

Erigu

I still absolutely despise Bluepoint for not following Sony's TRC (how is that even possible) on MGS HD, forcing "americanized" layout regardless of the system's region.
Fuck, seriously?? With the Japanese version of the game, or a Western one?

(... Alcahest from fr.rec.anime?)

Eusis

It's like some bizarro inversion of what happened with Kojima releases pre-PS3. And makes it doubly frustrating the one out to go back to that isn't there. Another case of why I hate the arbitrary switching early in the PS1 days that's never been able to be shaken and I can only hope Wii U puts a dent on, at least enough to make it become an option in system settings, but that's beside the point.

Can't find the other, more recent topic (I think there was one), but I noticed the CE cover's up on Amazon now.

Jawmuncher

The rising demo on the HD editionf looks like shit.
HOWEVER i'd like to hope it's a sticker on the plastic.

But remembering ZOE1 with MGS2 demo that won't be the case.
(Though it wasnt such an eyesore there)

Eusis

The rising demo on the HD editionf looks like shit.
HOWEVER i'd like to hope it's a sticker on the plastic.

But remembering ZOE1 with MGS2 demo that won't be the case.
(Though it wasnt such an eyesore there)
Well, for the regular edition I don't think there's any hope, but the LE? It actually is plausible it's part of a plastic slip that's the same on both versions, and when you take it off you're left purely with art, which does seem very plausible given both covers are the exact same size and seem to have the artwork in the same exact position once you disregard all the logos littering it. Not that I'd underestimate Konami here, but at least it looks a bit more tasteful than some examples (Arkham GotY editions at an extreme) and it WOULD be the cheaper option to make one box the same for both LEs with only a different slip to worry about.

Jawmuncher

Well, for the regular edition I don't think there's any hope, but the LE? It actually is plausible it's part of a plastic slip that's the same on both versions, and when you take it off you're left purely with art, which does seem very plausible given both covers are the exact same size and seem to have the artwork in the same exact position once you disregard all the logos littering it. Not that I'd underestimate Konami here, but at least it looks a bit more tasteful than some examples (Arkham GotY editions at an extreme) and it WOULD be the cheaper option to make one box the same for both LEs with only a different slip to worry about.

True didn't think of that.

Astery

why a "rising demo included" printed on my ZOE Collection cover? God damn it Konami just make it a sticker pretty please?

Tu101uk

why a "rising demo included" printed on my ZOE Collection cover? God damn it Konami just make it a sticker pretty please?
It's a homage to the original Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty demo on the PS2, which came with a free copy of Zone of the Enders... ;D

Top Bottom