• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont believe Smash Bros is delayed but the only way Nintendo can get away with delaying it to me is if they have Zelda WiiU and Metroid U ready for this year

Honestly the last Sakurai game that got delayed (Kid Icarus Uprising) ended up being bloody amazing so I wouldn't mind much as long as it's not something ridiculous like Fall 2015

DaBoss

A guy was telling me the other day they tried, actually
Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

I guess there was a chance it happened since Nintendo and Ubisoft seemed to have a strong partnership and Rayman was a part of it. Though it is a bit of a stretch.

Hatchtag

Banned
yah. they tried. Sakurai does whatever he wants though. at least that's how I hear it

Are you a credible source? I could totally see this happening though. Sakurai needs to reject a third party every time a game comes out, that way people will be surprised when he adds them in the next one.

John Harker

Are you a credible source? I could totally see this happening though. Sakurai needs to reject a third party every time a game comes out, that way people will be surprised when he adds them in the next one.

I'm not 'a source,' 'a leaker,' 'a whistleblower,' 'a cheat,' 'a rat,' 'a snitch,' nor 'a songbird.'

trixx

If I could choose one newcomer and one veteran it would be:
Newcomer:Isaac or maybe Ghirahim
Veteran:Ness(or one of the original 12)

John Harker

He is. Proven time and time again.

lol but you are credible, yes?

Well I didn't make a joke about that word, did i? :)

I just don't like those terms, especially when my name shows up in searches next to them ha.
I have perspective and insight that guide meaningful industry discussion. because I care about those things. and also, I'm a gamer first anyway. also, 0 bans. 8+ years. think what you want ::shrug:: for I care not. clearly, because I ramble a lot anyway. And use strategy guides for all the Souls games.

I'm sure Nintendo gets request all the time. who wouldnt want that kind of promotion? haha.
But Nintendo can't really force him to do anything, he's a contract employee anyway ;)

yah. they tried. Sakurai does whatever he wants though. at least that's how I hear it

Well of course...Sakurai helmed Smash Bros. N64, Melee, and Brawl...and they all led to incredible success.

Given that pedigree, I have no doubt that Sakurai has full reign to do whatever the hell he wants on this project. If Sakurai doesn't want Rayman, there won't be Rayman.

I'm not 'a source,' 'a leaker,' 'a whistleblower,' 'a cheat,' 'a rat,' 'a snitch,' nor 'a songbird.'

But you are pretty damn cool. :)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Care to post some examples? (Out of genuine curiosity. I'm sure he's the real deal since he'd probably be banned if he wasn't lol.)

He works in marketing when it comes to the game's industry, he kinda warned us about sales of some games like zombi U and how it needed to sell more, BUT WE DIDNT LISTEN

Care to post some examples? (Out of genuine curiosity. I'm sure he's the real deal since he'd probably be banned if he wasn't lol.)

I first paid attention when he posted something like, "Those pesky Rabbids. Why won't they just go home!" This was long before Rabbids Go Home was announced.

Just numerous Ubi related things really. I believe he alluded to the existence of Watch_Dogs Wii U in the aftermath of the Rayman Legends delay, but don't quote me on that.

Neiteio

Tomorrow is E4.

Early Electronic Entertainment Expo.

I suspect there's also a Pokémon joke in there somewhere.

Neiteio

Maybe Sakurai told Ubisoft Rayman was going to be in but at the last minute delayed him to 2015.
3a73ae37b52c3a4394e5009084d378c9_pt_xl.jpg

jmizzal

Honestly the last Sakurai game that got delayed (Kid Icarus Uprising) ended up being bloody amazing so I wouldn't mind much as long as it's not something ridiculous like Fall 2015

It will more that if your gonna delay an amazing game you need to have another amazing game, i'm sure if it was delayed it would be for a good reason

John Harker

I first paid attention when he posted something like, "Those pesky Rabbids. Why won't they just go home!" This was long before Rabbids Go Home was announced.

Just numerous Ubi related things really. I believe he alluded to the existence of Watch_Dogs Wii U in the aftermath of the Rayman Legends delay, but don't quote me on that.

Well that's unfair to EA, MS, Sony, and Acti :(

but in general I should know by now to stay out of Smash threads haha

Jigolo

hype levels rising. If this one is dedicated to smash that means there will be 2 new character announcements.

---Sheik MAKES HER RETURN!

"a new challenger approaches" wee wee wee

- Bayo joins the cast

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well that's unfair to EA, MS, Sony, and Acti :(

but in general I should know by now to stay out of Smash threads haha

Haha, yeah. Better escape before nutty smash fans are going to eat you alive.

I really hope that rayman don't get in. no offense to ubisoft

nintengaf likes ya harker, but yeah, smash threads are dangerous for industry insiders lol

I agreed. I feel bad that insiders have to put up with people sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom