• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever had an insane twist happen to you in real life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzNKev

Banned
An earth-shattering grand reveal.

A dude who's been unable to walk for years suddenly stands up from his wheelchair.

You were a ghost all along.

Something completely crazy. Share.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
One time at a concert I was grinding on this chick.

Set ends, go outside to smoke a cigarette and chat up some dude. He says he has to go in to watch his little sister who he took to the concert.

I go inside, it is revealed the girl I was grinding on is his sister.

Obrek

Banned
Dating this girl, took her out with my gay best friend and his boyfriend. Had a great time.

Next week, find out that my "gay" best friend hooked up with my girlfriend over Facebook while I was working on a weekend, told her he wasn't gay and that she should dump me because "I was a jerk and a homophobe."

mnightshyamalan.jpg

Dumped both of them and will never interact with either of them again.

Zissou

Maybe around 5 years ago at this point, I was out drinking, going to bars and clubs with some friends. It was an all-nighter and at some point I realized I had crossed the "drank WAYYYYYYY too much" line. I decided I needed to leave the club and just take it easy and get some fresh air for a while. I went to leave, and a club employee by the door asked for 500 yen (about 5 bucks) to go through. I reached for my wallet and realized I had absolutely zero money. I panicked and kind of tried to loop around and sneak around him somehow, but he wasn't having it (I guess he was plenty used to dealing with drunk people, so since I wasn't causing any real trouble, he didn't get angry or anything). The worst part was I had no idea where my friends were, so I couldn't borrow the money to escape either. I was running out of options, but then suddenly I realized what was going on- I had never even gone inside the club and the guy was charging me because he thought I wanted to go inside. FML.

Acorn

Dating this girl, took her out with my gay best friend and his boyfriend. Had a great time.

Next week, find out that my "gay" best friend hooked up with my girlfriend over Facebook while I was working on a weekend, told her he wasn't gay and that she should dump me because "I was a jerk and a homophobe."

mnightshyamalan.jpg

Damn

GrizzNKev

Banned

mnightshyamalan.jpg

Ouch.

Maybe around 5 years ago at this point, I was out drinking, going to bars and clubs with some friends. It was an all-nighter and at some point I realized I had crossed the "drank WAYYYYYYY too much" line. I decided I needed to leave the club and just take it easy and get some fresh air for a while. I went to leave, and a club employee by the door asked for 500 yen (about 5 bucks) to go through. I reached for my wallet and realized I had absolutely zero money. I panicked and kind of tried to loop around and sneak around him somehow, but he wasn't having it (I guess he was plenty used to dealing with drunk people, so since I wasn't causing any real trouble, he didn't get angry or anything). The worst part was I had no idea where my friends were, so I couldn't borrow the money to escape either. I was running out of options, but then suddenly I realized what was going on- I had never even gone inside the club and the guy was charging me because he thought I wanted to go inside. FML.
Holy shit, you own me a new monitor.

FSLink

Banned

mnightshyamalan.jpg

Wow. You're probably better off, but that's so terrible. :/

lmao I did not see the end of this one coming.

Nothing stupid crazy but my parents won the lottery when I was young, that definitely was life changing.

Pathos

Banned
Yes, I was born
040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.grid-4x2.jpg

-Deimos

LMAO

Wow. You're probably better off, but that's so terrible. :/

lmao I did not see the end of this one coming.

Nothing stupid crazy but my parents won the lottery when I was young, that definitely was life changing.

How much, if you don't mind?

riotous

Banned
My parents told me that my Dad had been previously married, and had a daughter who was in her 20's and was having a child who would make me a half-uncle or whatever. I was an 8th grader at the time. He'd been a deadbeat Dad of sorts and his daughter finally contacted him after not knowing him since she was a very young toddler.

I realized at that point how little I knew about my Dad's past lol.

Mokoi

Banned
Haha yeah the only insane twist I've had is that I was making out with a girl at a party, and almost went even more than that. However, the cops raided in so we had to split.

This was a good thing though because I found out later that was my cousin. Fuck small towns and had so much ragret after finding out.

Edit: Also when I found out my brother and sister had a different dad. This one blew my mind even more.

Ultimadrago

Earlier this year I went on a first date with a chick I had met online. We went to a bar nearby had a few drinks and laughs while learning about each other. The date ends and we walk to my place afterwards. My roommate is gone so we start making out on the bed and things get to heating up. She then tells me that she has to be somewhere for the night and that we can watch a movie or something later.

After she leaves, I notice the night is still young so I hit up a different woman I was talking to on the same dating site. I offer to finally hang out with her for the night if she's available. She agrees and tell me to meet her downtown to dance with her friends. I get there an hour later and go through the club looking for her. I see her dancing with a few people and surely enough the group includes my previous date that night...which ended up being her younger sister.

My previous date was so pissed at me she literally never spoke to me again. I tried explaining that I had no idea they were related, but she wasn't having it. Her older sister on the other hand thought it was pretty funny and we became great FBs a date later.

I felt like I was in a cartoon or traditional sitcom in that moment. I was so embarrassed. But it was pretty ballin' in retrospect. It was an insane twist, but I came out on top in the end (or should I say "on bottom"~).

Liberty4all

Banned
Went on a date with a girl, made out in theatre. A month or two later on new years eve was with same group of friends but trying to link another girl. Girl I'm trying to link and I get separated from group and end up making out in front of the house we were supposed to meet back at.

After about 5 mins of intense kissing all the lights turn on at the house, turns out they were all watching us. Including girl from theatre.

It was at that moment I learned what it was like to really feel like a mean person. :*(

kai3345

Banned
Earlier this year I went on a first date with a chick I had met online. We went to a bar nearby had a few drinks and laughs while learning about each other. The date ends and we walk to my place afterwards. My roommate is gone so we start making out on the bed and things get to heating up. She then tells me that she has to be somewhere for the night and that we can watch a movie or something later.

After she leaves, I notice the night is still young so I hit up a different woman I was talking to on the same dating site. I offer to finally hang out with her for the night if she's available. She agrees and tell me to meet her downtown to dance with her friends. I get there an hour later and go through the club looking for her. I see her dancing with a few people and surely enough the group includes my previous date that night...which ended up being her younger sister.

My previous date was so pissed at me she literally never spoke to me again. I tried explaining that I had no idea they were related, but she wasn't having it. Her older sister on the other hand thought it was pretty funny and we became great FBs a date later.

I felt like I was in a cartoon or traditional sitcom in that moment. I was so embarrassed. But it was pretty ballin' in retrospect. It was an insane twist, but I came out on top in the end (or should I say "on bottom"~).

should have proposed a threesome

Ultimadrago

FBs?
Fuckbuddies?

Yes, Fuck buddies.

Where did the 1.7 Mio go?

I want to know too! Did you grow up in 90's kid wetdream purchases like Macaulay Culkin when he stole that credit card in Home Alone 2?

I always wanted a day like that.

should have proposed a threesome

lol. Friends joke with me about that, but there was no way the younger sister was going to after that. Her sister explained the events to her after the club and it only made her more angry.

Metallix87

The closest I've had is a shocking revelation from my mother a few years ago that my grandfather, at one point many years ago, had left my grandmother and re-married, had two more kids (two half-aunts I never knew about), and then divorced that woman and gotten back with my grandmother.

My mother told me I was forbidden from trying to find her two half-sisters, and that it's best to forget she ever said anything about it, because the two were so angry with my grandfather that they never spoke to him again, and didn't even bother coming out for his wake and funeral.

Ok, my two best friends; brother and sister; whom I have spent a great deal of time with playing games and stuff suddenly became sexually interested in each other. Now im not sure how it started but the sister became extremely paranoid about people finding out about their flings and just kind of lost it. When their parents found out (how I have no idea, I was the only one that knew about it) she started blaming her brother and became very psychotic, saying extremely hurtful things. Her brother couldn't take it and became paranoid/lost it in the exact same way. Except he just committed suicide in an extremely over the top public way.
Its been two years and I cant count how many failed suicide attempts she's had, even changing her name for some reason. She's a broken person with nothing to live for and no future aspirations, refusing to even talk to me because I remind her of her brother.

I have never recovered from this experience, every time I play guilty gear (our little groups favourite game) I usually cry at least once, lightly but still crying.
Im not sure if this is a plot twist but im sure as Christ not the same person anymore. I was happy before. These were my only friends and they were the most interesting people on the world. Id known them since junior high.

eggwolio

I'm getting married in about forty one and a half hours. The girl who is ordained and performing our ceremony got into a small and ridiculous domestic scuttle with her boyfriend of ten years on Saturday night which culminated in him calling police and paramedics (for a tiny scratch on his forehead caused by an ice pack she was holding on her neck and caused in an instance where she was pushing him away from her) and she ended up in jail. Spent that night learning about bail bonds and spending lots of money. Said boyfriend was also the videographer for our wedding. She stayed on our couch this week for most of the week. Backup videographer fell through. Oh well. Her mother was also supposed to be express mailing us boutonnieres for the three gents in the wedding this week(embroidered mario flowers, classy). Unfortunately, her daughter's jail stay made her completely forget. Bride is losing it slightly. Officiant is possibly fired. Another out of town friend got ordained and began preparing a speech today, just to be safe. To be continued.

Kiarushka

While trying to get more info on my family, my aunt tells me my great grandmother was a crazy tall 13 year old who beat up adults that tried to hassle her older more petite brother.

Also once tore a cat apart because it scratched her son.

I didn't know how to respond to that when my aunt told me this.

Found out my biological father was a con artist and bank robber who left a trail of destruction and children wherever he went. Found out I had many half brothers and sisters I'd never met. Digging into his past has made me honestly wonder if he possibly could have been DB Cooper, given that he was in the area at the time and wife number (3?) had just kicked him out. (Among other things like inexplicable bank account statements my mother saw)

Also, randomly moved to the PNW because my husband got a job. In doing research on my father, found out my oldest (maybe) half brother lived 30 minutes from where we'd moved. Met and he's awesome, and now I have family in the area, and neices my own age lol.

You... live up to your tag.

Ok, my two best friends; brother and sister; whom I have spent a great deal of time with playing games and stuff suddenly became sexually interested in each other. Now im not sure how it started but the sister became extremely paranoid about people finding out about their flings and just kind of lost it. When their parents found out (how I have no idea, I was the only one that knew about it) she started blaming her brother and became very psychotic, saying extremely hurtful things. Her brother couldn't take it and became paranoid/lost it in the exact same way. Except he just committed suicide in an extremely over the top public way.
Its been two years and I cant count how many failed suicide attempts she's had, even changing her name for some reason. She's a broken person with nothing to live for and no future aspirations, refusing to even talk to me because I remind her of her brother.

I have never recovered from this experience, every time I play guilty gear (our little groups favourite game) I usually cry at least once, lightly but still crying.
Im not sure if this is a plot twist but im sure as Christ not the same person anymore. I was happy before. These were my only friends and they were the most interesting people on the world. Id known them since junior high.

Holy shit.

FSLink

Banned
I want to know too! Did you grow up in 90's kid wetdream purchases like Macaulay Culkin when he stole that credit card in Home Alone 2?
I always wanted a day like that.

Getting dropped off in a Lamborghini at like age 7 to school was definitely different. Usually got tons of video games for birthday/Christmas.

Always was amusing bringing friends over because I never really talked about being rich at school, so their reactions are always hilarious when they realize I have a guest house in my backyard that's the size of their house. We used to use that house for some after school Super Smash Bros. Melee since it wasn't far from our high school.

Wow, that's pretty amazing. 1.7 million is pretty tame as far as lotteries go, though. I'd be surprised if you made it last this long.

Pretty tame since iirc there were multiple "winners" since it was split + taxes. Yeah, especially since my parents weren't really well off before the money. It's pretty common I hear for people who suddenly get tons of money to not know how to spend it well.

The only real twist I had in my life was finding out that all the social problems I had growing up was because I had autism. I had never even heard of the world until I was in some counseling with my parents in 9th grade. I was apparently diagnosed with it in 3rd grade but my parents mostly ignored it.

StoopKid

Getting dropped off in a Lamborghini at like age 7 to school was definitely different. Usually got tons of video games for birthday/Christmas.

Always was amusing bringing friends over because I never really talked about being rich at school, so their reactions are always hilarious when they realize I have a guest house in my backyard that's the size of their house. We used to use that house for some after school Super Smash Bros. Melee since it wasn't far from our high school.

Pretty tame since iirc there were multiple "winners" since it was split + taxes. Yeah, especially since my parents weren't really well off before the money. It's pretty common I hear for people who suddenly get tons of money to not know how to spend it well.

Wait do your parents are completely broke now ? Do they still have the house ?

Sorry for being so nosy lol.

FSLink

Banned
Wait do your parents are completely broke now ? Do they still have the house ?

Sorry for being so nosy lol.

Yeah, house got foreclosed, they shut down their businesses that they had on the side, and went bankrupt.
It's been a few years after the fact and they're mostly okay. They did get divorced due to the aftermath though.

McBryBry

So there was this girl I talked to in high school. We got along really well. Almost dated, but due to me being afraid of commitment due to my last relationship, I just dropped her. Total dick move. Flash forward three or four years later to about a month ago, I'm in college for radio. We go to do a promo event/tent at a carnival. She messages me on Facebook that night saying she saw me, we see each other the next day, and basically picked right up. Things are a little rocky right now, as she "needs a break", but still. How often does this happen?

Guess Who

Banned

Jesus fuck.

jackal27

Banned
You won't believe me and I don't care.

In the early 2000s (01?02?) I was in my early teens and my grandma and grandpa had just moved back into the Joplin, MO area from Mississippi. They are literally the best people you could imagine so I was more than excited to spend as much time with them as I could. My grandma wanted to take me to Springfield, MO (about an hour away) to freakin Ultimate Pizza or some crap. Pizza place with a giant arcade. Anyway, she says she's also going to visit one of her best friends she always visits when she's in the area. They went to high school together and were on the same cheerleading team or something? Anyway, we go to this lady's house and I'm just sitting there playing my Game Boy while boring old ladies talk about boring old lady things and my grandma's friend mentions something about her son being home yadda yadda and calls him into the room. Grandma says I should say "Hi." to him so I look up and it is BRAD MOTHERFUDGIN PITT. This lady my grandma had been visiting and was friends with for all these years WAS BRAD PITT'S FREAKING MOM.

I just kind of said something awkward and had anxiety/adrenaline shakes while my grandma told him how nice it was to see him again and how nice it is for him to come see his mom even out here in Missouri and blah blah blah. Then she told me stories about Brad Pitt in diapers. He's a nice guy.

Enilced2

Mine is so tame compared to these other ones but damnit it's the only one I got!

When I was 8 or 7 I remember being in my room playing some star fox on the snes when my folks asked me if wanted ice cream. I was stoked to go out for ice cream so I got my jacket and we left. In the car we pass the ice cream place and I ask why? Folks just say hold tight we are going to a different one. A little while later we roll up to the colesium for Monster Truck night! Man my little head almost exploded from excitement

It's the only twist in my life I can remember and it's super lame but I don't care it's the only I got.

CSJ

Not sure if this is a twist...but it was certainly an odd moment.
My best buddies wife cheated on him, with me.

Yup, I'm an asshole - but I guess the twist here is that he thanked me for getting him out of the relationship and we're still buddies. I am too lucky to have kept him as a friend.

Not sure if this is a twist...but it was certainly an odd moment.
My best buddies wife cheated on him, with me.

Yup, I'm an asshole - but I guess the twist here is that he thanked me for getting him out of the relationship and we're still buddies. I am too lucky to have kept him as a friend.

Jesus lol. Your friend is crazy.

Gazoinks

That twist ending. It's like the most mundane Twilight Zone ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom