• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest - March 11 (XB1/Steam; $19.99), new gameplay footage

yuraya

That video was amazing :O

Looks like we might have an early GOTY nominee for 2015.

Has there been any word on how long the game is?

Azlan

This is the game I am most looking forward to in the near future. Very nice to have a release date finally.

MrBadger

I'm hoping I get a chance to play this if at some point I find myself with an Xbox One. It's certainly very pretty to look at and listen to, I hope it's a good game as well.

Nzyme32

Really looking forward to this game, although unfortunately will have to wait till I have some money to actually get it

A Microsoft Studios game publishing on Steam a day before their big PC gaming announcement? Hmmmmmm.....

Not sure if significant but interesting nonetheless...

The best situation from my perspective is if they could put their games everywhere in terms of stores if the game is to have both Xbox One and PC versions. That way there can be a good bit of competition between those stores rather than just having a single option with no choice

Where did you get this information ?

12 hr of this beautiful game for $20 is an instant buy for me.

It's 10-12h for your first playthrough... probably more if you try to explore everything and try to get every single ability in the game :)

It's a fairly big game, we tried to keep it to a similar length experience as Super Metroid, etc. - You need a bit of space in order to build a world and keep people exploring and we tried to pack every level extremely tightly, so there's always something for you to do, even if you don't want to directly head into the next dungeon.

Thank you guys so much for your support, the entire Moon Studios team is reading this thread and it's sooooo good to read the positive feedback after the crunch to get it all done!

mike4001_

They repeadedly said the X360 will come out some time later.

And the only difference will be that it will run at 720p and not 1080p

It's 10-12h for your first playthrough... probably more if you try to explore everything and try to get every single ability in the game :)

It's a fairly big game, we tried to keep it to a similar length experience as Super Metroid, etc. - You need a bit of space in order to build a world and keep people exploring and we tried to pack every level extremely tightly, so there's always something for you to do, even if you don't want to directly head into the next dungeon.

Thank you guys so much for your support, the entire Moon Studios team is reading this thread and it's sooooo good to read the positive feedback after the crunch to get it all done!

Send my air hugs to the Moon Studios team. If you don't like hugs I can give fist bumps, no worries. ... no worries at all. LOL

Einbroch

Banned
Gorgeous looking game. Will pick it up on sale, $20 seems steep.

To clarify, I never spend full price on digital games of they're more than $10, as I cannmot return them, rent them, or sell them. Just a rule I have after that awful Sword Art Online game.

Still, looks stunning.

From what I can see so far, the entire teem has done a fantastic job!

You wouldn't happen to have any nice wallpapers/Hi res artwork you could post would you?

From what I can see so far, the entire teem has done a fantastic job!

You wouldn't happen to have any nice wallpapers/Hi res artwork you could post would you?

I quickly uploaded one of our concept art images for you:

OriAndTheBlindForest.jpg

I'll put this on my radar since I need something to play in march to suppress Gta V purchasing urges. If it gets good user impressions then I'll throw down $20.

That's a bit of a silly objection. He could just as well mean "I can get a 60 hour hardcore dungeon crawler on Steam for $10".

I can buy a 100 hour RPG for £5, that has no bearing on the perceived value proposition of this game.

The post was ridiculous. What about the game makes it seem pricey for what's on offer?

Durante

I can buy a 100 hour RPG for £5, that has no bearing on the perceived value proposition of this game.

The post was ridiculous. What about the game makes it seem pricey for what's on offer?
I can't speak for anyone else, but it could just be that they are not into the genre too much? I simply feel like immediately making a jab about "not AAA enough" is jumping to conclusions.

Altima

Thank you ! I can't wait to get my hand on this game.

I hope this first game of your studio will be successful : )

Salz01

That's the day I dust off my xbox. Day 1. Not a fan of gravity puzzles hopefully it doesn't frustrate. Love the art, and hope there are several unique environments to explore.

Top Bottom