• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest - March 11 (XB1/Steam; $19.99), new gameplay footage

Nzyme32

I quickly uploaded one of our concept art images for you:

OriAndTheBlindForest.jpg

That looks absolutely gorgeous

-MD-

I can buy a 100 hour RPG for £5, that has no bearing on the perceived value proposition of this game.

The post was ridiculous. What about the game makes it seem pricey for what's on offer?

No, your response to my post was ridiculous.

$20 is a lot of money to me and I have a massive backlog so I'll wait for a healthy discount before I jump in, nothing is telling me I gotta have this day 1. Satisfied?

RoKKeR

Finally got out of class and watched the gameplay video. Looks unbelievable. Art style, music, gameplay mechanics, it's the whole package.

Honestly looks like early GoTY material for me personally, can't wait to play.

Footos22

Looks really amazing, right up my street. But coming out in march means its gonna get stuck in the onslaught of new releases i want ahead of this plus tons of family birthdays and 30th birthday do's to go to that time of year = me being skint. I will wait for a sale as i wont get round to it for a while.

More than likely it will be GwG by this holiday anyway maybe even earlier if it ends up like D4.. Already wasted money i didn't need to with plenty of Xbox published digital titles this gen. Crimson Dragon, D4, max. not ms published but super time force. Enjoyed everyone of them but i now think I've learnt my lesson.

Waiting longer for the 360 version which I assume still exists but looking forward to it, interesting way of handling the ol' gravity gimmick with a slight twist in the video.

No, your response to my post was ridiculous.

$20 is a lot of money to me and I have a massive backlog so I'll wait for a healthy discount before I jump in, nothing is telling me I gotta have this day 1. Satisfied?

That's a more than fair reason, but your initial post was worded terribly if that's what you originally meant

It seemed like you didn't believe the game worth full price based on the trailer rather than you having a huge backlog...

sense

Has MS officially acknowledged the PC as a platform in their blog posts before?i know games like mark of the ninja have released simultaneously but were they ever acknowledged as coming to pc on the official blog posts? Usually they like to tout Xbox as the only console to play it on aka titanfall

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
This game looks great. Reminiscent of Dust. But its so hard now to justify buying games like this when you KNOW its going to end up on GwG.

This game looks great. Reminiscent of Dust. But its so hard now to justify buying games like this when you KNOW its going to end up on GwG.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Microsoft hasn't even approached us about that, so I doubt you'll see that anytime soon.

I hope we'll get some amazing reviews and that the few people here who are skeptical will be converted - I can't wait to read all the comments and notes here, I hope some of you will get some classic Nintendo vibes while playing :)

Well the question is whether you want to wait a few months... a year or think its worth playing it now.

If you're budget has been stretched due to the holidays (or other games you want at the same time) then GwG/PS+ certainly give you the option to wait it out...

I think it looks wonderful though, can't wait <3

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Microsoft hasn't even approached us about that, so I doubt you'll see that anytime soon.

I hope we'll get some amazing reviews and that the few people here who are skeptical will be converted - I can't wait to read all the comments and notes here, I hope some of you will get some classic Nintendo vibes while playing :)

I'm not sceptical. At all. I will have this game at some point. I want it. I'm just really cutting back on my game spending this gen.

Partially because of being burnt by so many games I bought ending up on GwG/PSPlus, but I have a backlog from Gen 7 that will take me to my deathbed.

Well the question is whether you want to wait a few months... a year or think its worth playing it now.

If you're budget has been stretched due to the holidays (or other games you want at the same time) then GwG/PS+ certainly give you the option to wait it out...

I think it looks wonderful though, can't wait <3

Game looks amazing but see above.

Would be interested in picking up the Steam or 360 version, but the attitude of that one dev (thomas, I believe) in one of those NMS threads was pretty deplorable.

Unison

That gameplay video looks dull as can be.

Hype decreasing, especially for $20.

Why are these digital "indie" games getting so expensive?

Gestault

The idea that it's unacceptable for a title to have a $20 MSRP is a sign something is wrong, and it's nothing to do with the product or pricing strategy.

The idea that it's unacceptable for a title to have a $20 MSRP is a sign something is wrong, and it's nothing to do with the product or pricing strategy.

People don't consider 2D metroidvania style games worth $20? I don't know.

Thomas said something about the music being done by a full orchestra which cost a lot iirc

BPoole

$20 is a bit steep but I'll buy it anyway. This should hold me over until GTAV comes out

I wouldn't classify $20 as expensive really. For a 2d game the production values look really good.
They look to be on the same tier as Trine 2, Guacamelee, Dust: An Elysian Tail, and Giana Sisters. I don't believe any of those games being $20 at launch

Top Bottom