• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
August is over! Summer is done! September is now!

Do you remember? The 21st night of September?

August is over. The gaming world is in full swing for the holiday season! Guitar Hero 5s, Beatles: Rock Bands, Personas on PSPs, Slim PS3s, GameStop Conferences, PAXs, and what not! Gaming all over!

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

<INSERT BANNER HERE> !

So who wants to provide a banner for this month?

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

---

Here are my favorite pickups from AUGUST!

3808642389_53a4238ba6.jpg

3843294407_a953d074d9.jpg

3876290505_652d505dc7.jpg

5409_119705553882_507353882_2380175_4211223_n.jpg

6169_114051063882_507353882_2302996_1262864_n.jpg

6169_114051048882_507353882_2302995_2311127_n.jpg

+ a few others I can't show pics of yet!

!

Post your favorites from last month and your new goodies as you get em!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Continuing from last thread.

Wow, this thing is reaching the three year mark! GO GAF!

Also continuing.

Kadey is a bum.

*throws earrings*

Yes Boss!

New month! This one is going to be doozy. I've got a whole new system arriving and a PCB for my cab coming towards the end of the week plus a bunch of fun sticks (VSHG finally).

Some of my favorite pick-ups from August include:

My first cabinet:

P1020157.jpg

Finished my Mad Catz collection (looking forward to what is coming):

P1020032.jpg

Shadow Complex...my GOTY along Paper Plane (DSi) and Wii Sports Resort:

P1020065.jpg

Since I posted it toward the end it probably won't get much recognition. I picked up a PS3 Slim from Amazon.com, Uncharted, and Burnout

p8260240resize.jpg

p8280248resize.jpg

MURAMASA, SCRIBBLENAUTS...so excited =D

I bought my girlfriend a DSi so she just gave me her Gameboy Micro, it's sweet! (Needs a new faceplate since it's really scratched up) Went hunting for used GBA games and finally found FFVI after a long search :D
Picture060.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture063.jpg

goMaki

Pick-up of the year!

DSCN0459-1.jpg

Finally got the kitten I have been wanting for years. :D And it's a boy! I always wanted a boy! :lol Unfortunately, we're stuck on a name. Hm... We've been calling him Nom-nom, cause he likes to eat almost anything and loves to bite our hands. He's the weirdest thing, compared to my other two cats ( he tries to eat ketchup, hot sauce, ramen, chips, whatever we're trying to eat :lol ).

Wow...September already?

Well, I just bought two digital albums from Amazon. Phrenology by The Roots and Avalanche by Matthew Good. I'm listening to and enjoying Phrenology right now.

Nakazato

goMaki said:
Pick-up of the year!

Finally got the kitten I have been wanting for years. :D And it's a boy! I always wanted a boy! :lol Unfortunately, we're stuck on a name. Hm... We've been calling him Nom-nom, cause he likes to eat almost anything and loves to bite our hands. He's the weirdest thing, compared to my other two cats ( he tries to eat ketchup, hot sauce, ramen, chips, whatever we're trying to eat :lol ).
sir nom-nom lol

Diortem7

I just ordered a black Wii remote and nunchuk from Play-Asia.com because of the 20% off deal. It's ironic that I ordered them the same day Nintendo announced that they're releasing them in the US this holiday.

Efrendal

SeptemberPickups.jpg

Batman arrived last thursday but i decided to include it in next months pickups since it was almost september. X-men Trilogy arrived this morning.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
goMaki said:

Call him Catchup.

goMaki said:
Pick-up of the year!

DSCN0459-1.jpg

Awwwww, adorable :)

I'd call him Snowflake but that'd just be to piss him off. :lol

suzu

goMaki said:
Pick-up of the year!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/bzchanboy/DSCN0459-1.jpg

Nom would be a cute name though~

karasu

2cht0mb.jpg

In lieu of putting money towards an actual guitar, I went to get Guitar Hero 5 but they didn't have the bundles so I walked out with Rock Band 2 instead. I am now a rhythm game player.

Drame

Batman get! Sadly, the Blu-Ray was loose, and now I'm afraid that I'll run into disc read erros while I play >.<.

1ffsbt.jpg

LTTP Dead Space.

xogq40.jpg

And first Haruhi novel in English.

105r1id.jpg

Jason

onosign.jpg

Got to meet Yoshinori Ono at Fan Expo. :)

sept09pickup1.jpg

Shiina Ringo - Zecchoushuu + the brilliant green - complete single collection promo sampler

Facism

goMaki said:
Pick-up of the year!

DSCN0459-1.jpg

Call him

Barrington James Levy.

Y-Z

New Camera :D Great for pick-up Posts. I have always wanted a SLR so i decided to make the switch. Very happy with it.

3877805269_79795fb80d.jpg

and for the kitten, Nobby Nobby boy!

ACE 1991

goMaki said:
Pick-up of the year!

I always thought Lucifer would be a rad name for a cat.

goMaki said:
Pick-up of the year!

Try Houdini, becuase he makes things disappear.

DuckRacer

karasu said:
http://i28.tinypic.com/2cht0mb.jpg[/IMG

In lieu of putting money towards an actual guitar, I went to get Guitar Hero 5 but they didn't have the bundles so I walked out with Rock Band 2 instead. I am now a rhythm game player.[/QUOTE]
You got the full game bundle? Good choice.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
v76002.jpg

1j26bt.jpg

Riz-Zoawd is really awesome. I bought it on a whim after finding out who the composer was and seeing a bit of gameplay and it didn't disappoint. Hands down the best graphics on the DS I've seen. The water is stunning. SubaSekai is awesome as well.

209onxh.jpg

2dbjywh.jpg

e6qgzc.jpg

Hot hot hot.

eXistor

luka said:
Riz-Zoawd is really awesome. I bought it on a whim after finding out who the composer was and seeing a bit of gameplay and it didn't disappoint. Hands down the best graphics on the DS I've seen. The water is stunning. SubaSekai is awesome as well.
I've been eyeing the game, but not sure if I'll like it, I saw a gameplay-vid that basically had the player follow a road (I know, I know). If there's one thing I've grown to hate in rpg's it's linearity. Is the game like this all the time or do you get some freedom along the way?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
eXistor said:
I've been eyeing the game, but not sure if I'll like it, I saw a gameplay-vid that basically had the player follow a road (I know, I know). If there's one thing I've grown to hate in rpg's it's linearity. Is the game like this all the time or do you get some freedom along the way?

The whole game is basically running down narrow roads and corridors barring a few random areas, but there are a lot of branching pathways and alternate routes. As an rpg it's quite simple, so if you're looking for something complex or meaty it's not for you. The battles essentially play themselves but there is a fair bit of strategy setting up what party members tackle which enemies. I like it because its wonderful aesthetics. The music is catchy, the visuals are fantastic and get more impressive with each successive area, and it's just plain fun watching Dorothy run through the world at top speed.

Top Bottom