• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Uncharted 2: Among Thieves MP Demo Impressions Thread

No45

I managed to snag a UK code from IGN last night before they all went. I'm on complete media blackout though, so I'm really not sure I want to play it for fear of spoiling locations in the game.

One month today in the UK then. Can't wait.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Melfice7 said:
really? i love them, give us little time to react

I love them too, the problem is that they are too plentiful. And even your own teammates are all too happy to press L2 when you're in the vicinity killing you with them.

x_x

jiggles

Banned
Tenkai Star said:
Wait wait wait. No rounds? Just one then the game is over? Thats like Plunder but you only deliver the treasure once.

No, there are rounds. First to five, I think. We're talking about the two teams literally just sprinting at eachother. It was a massacre.

Not as fast as my first match of Chain Reaction, mind. We won that in precisely the time it took us to run to all 5 bases, and that was just one round.

Girsej said:
Really? That's too awesome, but then again everthing about this game is too awesome! :D
Yep, look at the picture where Sully is hidden behind the two booties:

baihv.jpg

See him hiding back there? Now imagine him overlayed on this box (same size):

140ktnp.jpg

After moving the FOV / camera that close, the texture STILL looked like this:

i2r6g4.jpg

Yeah...

jigglywiggly said:
No, there are rounds. First to five, I think. We're talking about the two teams literally just sprinting at eachother. It was a massacre.

Not as fast as my first match of Chain Reaction, mind. We won that in precisely the time it took us to run to all 5 bases, and that was just one round.

Well some people just suck =P But elimination should have a separate playlist.

xenorevlis said:
I did NOT read booties in that sentence. I thought it said something else. I´m not saying what, but its pretty close to booties.

Girsej

xenorevlis said:

See him hiding back there? Now imagine him overlayed on this box (same size):

After moving the FOV / camera that close, the texture STILL looked like this:

Yeah...

Why do you do this? I feel like a junkie now, having really strong withdrawal symptoms now >_<

Oh shit son, Gold Rush Co-Op is....my god. A few rounds in and the fucking Heavy Weapons guys appear en masse and spray the entire map with bullets :lol

Couldnt find the game in Cinema though, Co-Op not Cinema mode compatible then?

210n3vn.jpg

This party is for Bro's only.

Az

Had a blast last night with some people. This game is really growing on me. Elmination is awsome.

ND good job.

Wowbagger

So, eh, I tried doing the preorder-get code-cancel thing with play.com, and they sent me a code for the previous beta. Serves me right, I guess. :'(

Angst

Wowbagger said:
So, eh, I tried doing the preorder-get code-cancel thing with play.com, and they sent me a code for the previous beta. Serves me right, I guess. :'(
It's been noted before in this thread that the description on the playstation store mentions the old, expired beta. But just download it and it works.

1. Redeem Code
2. Download demo
3. Play
4. Have fun
5. ??
6. Profit

I had to fucking pry myself away from this last night and turning the PS3 off was like a new level of torture. Luckily I'm between jobs and that means I can play this all day. Which I will.

So it seems like the game just captures straight framebuffer grabs that you can edit?
I'm not seeing screens with extra AA.
Is this photomode MP only? Fucking love to get some photos of the SP portion..

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SecretBonusPoint said:
Oh shit son, Gold Rush Co-Op is....my god. A few rounds in and the fucking Heavy Weapons guys appear en masse and spray the entire map with bullets :lol

Like I said this morning when I completed all 10 rounds with two public people. No. It sucks, I know.

elohel

is the multiplayer demo the same build as the beta or is it newer?

has anyone noticed any differences?

i'm really enjoying it so far i think it's up there with some of the best triple multiplayer games imo,imo

I played some deathmatch and treasure hunting modes last night, and ended the night with some Co-op. Dear lord was it awesome. Co-op was fantastic. It was only three of us, and we made it to round 8, but it got totally crazy toward the end. I learned the hard way that you cannot try to melee the guys with the riot shields from the front.

Is there an Uncharted 2 PSN chat room up?

TheSeks

elohel said:
is the multiplayer demo the same build as the beta or is it newer?

has anyone noticed any differences?

i'm really enjoying it so far i think it's up there with some of the best triple multiplayer games imo,imo

It's a new build of the same demo (with a few more features packed in).

I think the beta was bare bones, as in co-op's introduction Drake isn't holding a brown paper map anymore (which was textureless and made me think it was a treasure map) now it's black colored and textured as a "Welcome to Nepal!" map).

elohel

TheSeks said:

I think the beta was bare bones, as in co-op's introduction Drake isn't holding a brown paper map anymore (which was textureless and made me think it was a treasure map) now it's black colored and textured as a "Welcome to Nepal!" map).

do you think that the graphics are any better overall?

agaru

Why no one votes for Elimination mode? I can't believe I haven't tried that yet.

Are there any organized Elimination matches by the [GAFe] guys here? Would love to join tonight.

Jostifer

Darkatomz said:
-no rewind in cinema mode
I believe StarCraft 2 will be the first game in the world that has rewind in replays. No joke. LBP rewinds to highlights but SC2 goes frame by frame.
It's something about how devs implement effects and such I'm guessing. Something to cross off with Uncharted 3 then.

TheSeks

elohel said:
do you think that the graphics are any better overall?

Looks the same to me, just everything is better textured now. It's less "barebones"/"in development" than it was two months ago.

I'm not TTP, I don't see "ZOMG SCREEN TEARS! ZOMG POP IN! ZOMG SHITTY TEXTURES!" The graphics look just as good (if not better) than the beta to me, so that's all that matters to me on that front.

MOTHERFUCKER. I just pre-ordered the game from Gamestop, look at the e-mail they send me and see this bullshit:
"Your unique pre-order promotion code is Oops! Our system is out of codes. To request your code please send an email to orders@gamestop.com"

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheSeks said:
Looks the same to me, just everything is better textured now. It's less "barebones"/"in development" than it was two months ago.

I'm not TTP, I don't see "ZOMG SCREEN TEARS! ZOMG POP IN! ZOMG SHITTY TEXTURES!" The graphics look just as good (if not better) than the beta to me, so that's all that matters to me on that front.

I don't see those either... in Uncharted 2. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SecretBonusPoint said:

You are supposed to create a custom game for that (last game mode selection to the right). You don't want to do machinima with strangers anyway do you?

Misunderstood.

Yeah, I think Cinema only records competitive games. Not sure if it records "The Stage" events.

TTP said:

That is excellent news... excellent news indeed. Gonna pick my code up tonight. I can't handle this anymore :lol :lol

EDIT: Hey! I am a bonafide member! Hmmm.... should I get rid of the boob suckage?

TTP said:

Screen tearing didn't bother me one bit in Uncharted, so if it's better in Uncharted 2... well, good I guess. Seriously though, that box texture -- somebody is doing something right with that 256mb of ram.

panda21

TheSeks said:

i think thats a bit of an understatement, theres a lot more to it than the old demo.

i'm dying to know how many MP maps will be in the full game. i'd say it wants another 4 at least.

Loudninja

ScrabbleBanshee said:
Screen tearing didn't bother me one bit in Uncharted, so if it's better in Uncharted 2... well, good I guess. Seriously though, that box texture -- somebody is doing something right with that 256mb of ram.

Uncharted 2 has none it seems.

I've noticed zero screen tearing since playing the demo and I played it for about 7 hours straight yesterday. :lol

Now we know where the 21 score comes from. It would be a 20/20 with screen tearing. But without, well... things get a tad... Biblical.

Playing with random retards in Co-Op is kinda annoying. HELLO WE ARE BOTH DEAD OVER HERE COULD YOU HELP?

If Naughty Dog skinned this MP experience with customiseable characters (like MGO) and more weapons they could release a retail game like this, no-joke. Its amazing.

brandonh83 said:
I've noticed zero screen tearing since playing the demo and I played it for about 7 hours straight yesterday. :lol

Now we know where the 21 score comes from. It would be a 20/20 with screen tearing. But without, well... things get a tad... Biblical.

Now I consider myself an Uncharted fanboy but I think you beat me out by quite a margin. Can't wait to get online...

SecretBonusPoint said:
Playing with random retards in Co-Op is kinda annoying. HELLO WE ARE BOTH DEAD OVER HERE COULD YOU HELP?

If Naughty Dog skinned this MP experience with customiseable characters (like MGO) and more weapons they could release a retail game like this, no-joke. Its amazing.

Oh god I bet. When I get my code we will have to jump online. I actually enjoy being part of a team. :D

TheExecutive said:
Now I consider myself an Uncharted fanboy but I think you beat me out by quite a margin. Can't wait to get online...

It's just so good. And one of the very few online games that I feel like I'm decent at. I can't wait to get ODST next week, but I know I'm getting in line for a slaughter. I love Halo, but I really suck at it. Uncharted 2, I mean, I wouldn't say I'm better than most, but I can certainly hold my own and that makes it more fun to me than other multiplayer games. I don't feel like everyone is super better than I am, and unlike Halo people don't treat this like a religion so the odds are way more fair than the people who seemingly make a living out of being amazing at it.

TheSeks

matrix-cat said:
MOTHERFUCKER. I just pre-ordered the game from Gamestop, look at the e-mail they send me and see this bullshit:
"Your unique pre-order promotion code is Oops! Our system is out of codes. To request your code please send an email to orders@gamestop.com"

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Everyone made a run for the border, you were too slow in running. Sorry, dude. :lol

brandonh83 said:
It's just so good. And one of the very few online games that I feel like I'm decent at. I can't wait to get ODST next week, but I know I'm getting in line for a slaughter. I love Halo, but I really suck at it. Uncharted 2, I mean, I wouldn't say I'm better than most, but I can certainly hold my own and that makes it more fun to me than other multiplayer games.

yeah I was in the first beta and am actually really good at it. I dont even buy halo games anymore because I suck so bad at them.:lol However, I seem to be a crackshot in uncharted.

DMeisterJ

Banned
agaru said:
Why no one votes for Elimination mode? I can't believe I haven't tried that yet.

Are there any organized Elimination matches by the [GAFe] guys here? Would love to join tonight.
IDK, I'm really itching to try out elimination too!

TheExecutive said:
yeah I was in the first beta and am actually really good at it. I dont even buy halo games anymore because I suck so bad at them.:lol However, I seem to be a crackshot in uncharted.

When I play Halo online I feel like I'm new to videogames.

r.gun

Neo Member
Has anyone had trouble connecting to the demo?

I downloaded fine, get into the game, connect to the MP portion, but when I go to matchmaking I just sit at "Finding Players" forever, until it boots me back out to the matchmaking options screen.

When I try to create a party it just sits there saying "Creating Party" until I quit out of the game through the XMB.

I'm having no luck with this thing - I even re downloaded and installed again to no avail. Just trying to see if there is anyone else out there who has the same problem and if anyone knows the solution.

agaru said:

Its because no one wants any penalty for dying. However, it does show that the way the lobbies are set up could use some work.

Rikyfree

brandonh83 said:

No, the 21 comes from Chloe.
seriously, dat ass

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Captain Pants said:
Where do I find the videos I've uploaded?

Nowhere other than the in-game uploaded video menu (press Triangle in the videos list screen to switch between local and uploaded).

I'm not sure if we will be able to watch them via official website, but as far as I can tell, uploading a video serves the purpose of sharing it with PSN friends via PSN message.

In order to share, u need to upload.

BTW, question to Naughty Gods: will we ever be able to just select the PSN message attachment right from the XMB (as is, not in game) and get a prompt to put in the game disc in order to actually open the attached file?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
TTP said:
Nowhere other than the in-game uploaded video menu (press Triangle in the videos list screen to switch between local and uploaded).

I'm not sure if we will be able to watch them via official website, but as far as I can tell, uploading a video serves the purpose of sharing it with PSN friends via PSN message.

In order to share, u need to upload.

Bummer. I had hoped for more. Thanks.

Facism

Seriously, i love elimination. every game with the GAFe crew as brilliant fun. It needs to come up more or be it's own playlist option.

Sniper Pistoles can go rot in the same asshole of hell Halo 3's shotty snipers should reside in. Hate hate hate that gamemode and will quit out of a sniper pistole match if not with GAFe clanmates.

Gold Rush is a ton better than I thought it would be. Those dudes don't fuck around in the later levels - especially the snipers and the ones who choke you when you get too close. I thought there was a way to take down a riot shield by using hand-to-hand? I know it was in one of the campaign videos from a few months ago but nothing seemed to work.

Top Bottom