• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InfoScout: PS4 Uncharted bundle highest earning product at Best Buy on Black Friday

peeps doubting UC4 will top 1m @ launch will be in for a surprise... one of Playstation's biggest series on the 'it' console... smells like a recipe for disaster indeed.

a3draTn.gif

We're doubting 1 million in the US. It'll easily sell at minimum 1.5 million globally in the first month.

Even Wiiu out of stock

Do these stores usually get about 60 consoles? Looks about that for each in the first pic, and rules out restocking if so.

Holy crap! Legitimately laughing over here. November NPDs will be interesting.

All I see there is that MS is a far better distribuiter.

Crazy if true.

I kinda doubt it really looks like that tho

Imagine WW numbers for this week should be well above 1 milion units.

Kind of hard to believe this when its not shot from the same angle.

Just too easy to bend stuff this way.

Thats just an ad on the back of the box.

Looks like the second pick is taken from the other angle. While I can't see any ps4s on the floor in the second pic they could easily be some out of view as the bundles on the outside would be taken first. Need more proof.

No way this is real. I don't believe. NOPE. That's ridiculous...

So, the Tomb Raider bundle comes with Forza and Halo and people still won't buy it? =/

Before and afters?..

Y3xJUk9.gif

Is this a real before and after?

That's infuckingsane

See that PS3 there? That's the product they have for those who live in submarines.

Before and After?

Well what I mean is I don't think it'd have been enough to displace the Uncharted Bundle, but rather that I thought its availability (as well as the other items in the store) might've been enough to take off some of the heat from the Uncharted Bundle and make something else top seller, be that an Xbox One bundle of another variant, or some other unrelated item. After all if it was the only place (sans MS) you could get it I was hoping it might count for *something* but sadly it seems to have been ignored, as you've mentioned.

*whistles*. Flying off the shelves sounds like an understatment...

More XBO consoles to restock.

Ufbr5ej.gif

I really can't.

Thank God those Xboxes were there to prevent the PS4 stack from falling over.

If that's legit before and after, holy freaking moly.

For every XB1 box, you can fit 2 PS4 boxes, which makes this even more of an achievement.

Poof! They're gone!

damn, those are before and after photos you took?

One was taken on Thursday before the Store opened and the next was taken Friday night. We have quite a few Xbones still at the top stock and today the last of the Uncharted PS4s were put out.

NPD will be interesting. I saw an interview on the news with the Target CEO on Black Friday and he specifically mentioned how well the Xbox was selling at Target.

Well, what are the other Xbone and PS4 bundles in Best Buy that this bundle is competing against? Was this the cheapestpriced PS4 bundle at Best Buy?
IIRC, this was the cheapest PS4 bundle everywhere, barring special deals that I missed. Everything else was $350+ (before tax).

Serenity

I've noticed this gen Target aligns with Xbox for deals and Sony seems to favor Bestbuy. Sure the Sony bestbuy relationship is built on them also selling Bravias. Target doesn't seem to carry any sony TVs.

I would imagine Target gets more foot traffic than bestbuy though and is a better partner for events like black friday.

Erevador

I've noticed this gen Target aligns with Xbox for deals and Sony seems to favor Bestbuy. Sure the Sony bestbuy relationship is built on them also selling Bravias. Target doesn't seem to carry any sony TVs.

I would imagine Target gets more foot traffic than bestbuy though and is a better partner for events like black friday.
Black Friday is INSANE at Best Buy. The lines at mine were much longer than at Target.

Deals on electronics really get people in. Didn't hurt that Best Buy had a lot of great deals on media this year.

I would imagine Target gets more foot traffic than bestbuy though
and is a better partner for events like black friday.
I'd say they get about the same. Best Buys are often in/near malls or shopping centers, so it's fairly easy to get to them. It's actually harder to find Targets in some parts (or all?) of the country.

For instance, I know there's like one Target in like a 10 mile radius from my house and one that's all the way across town close to my grandparents. Those might be the only two Targets in the Orlando area as far as I know.

Serenity

Black Friday is INSANE at Best Buy. The lines at mine were much longer than at Target.

Deals on electronics really get people in. Didn't hurt that Best Buy had a lot of great deals on media this year.

I'd say they get about the same. Best Buys are often in/near malls or shopping centers, so it's fairly easy to get to them. It's actually harder to find Targets in some parts (or all?) of the country.

For instance, I know there's like one Target in like a 10 mile radius from my house and one that's all the way across town close to my grandparents. Those might be the only two Targets in the Orlando area as far as I know.

I guess I just imagine the people who want just electronics are at bestbuy on BF but Target pulls in a wider range of shopper and there is more oppurtunity to get an implulse buy there from someone who might not of even been thinking about a console.

Was surprised though to hear from npd_george that targets market share for games was less than 10% I believe.

Marketshare for video games in the US:

GameStop 30%
Walmart 25%
Target 15%
Best Buy 12%
Amazon 6%
Toys R Us 1%

I guess I just imagine the people who want just electronics are at bestbuy on BF but Target pulls in a wider range of shopper and there is more oppurtunity to get an implulse buy there from someone who might not of even been thinking about a console.

Was surprised though to hear from npd_george that targets market share for games was less than 10% I believe.

That was Target.com not Target as a whole.

On the topic of UC sales:

It should clear a million. Every successive UC game has increased by roughly atleast 200k sales in its opening month. I doubt UC has hit its peak potential so 900k seems pretty on lock and with it being on the dominant console, 1 mil seems like a bar it should clear.

And probably not the best idea using UC collection numbers to guage sales success.

Game4life

Banned
On the topic of UC sales:

It should clear a million. Every successive UC game has increased by roughly atleast 200k sales in its opening month. I doubt UC has hit its peak potential so 900k seems pretty on lock and with it being on the dominant console, 1 mil seems like a bar it should clead.

And probably not the best idea using UC collection numbers to guage sales success.

UC4 will be the best selling exclusive next year easily.

As a manager for Best Buy, I know my entire store and warehouse is out of PS4 units. We still have stacks of Xbox and can't even give them away (get an Xbox One for free with Purchase of a Samsung TV).

I'm gonna join the "I hope they both do amazing!" club.

I'll also wait for NPD, I can't even fathom a guess on the madness of black friday.

Loudninja

Survey on age groups on Black Friday.
To answer this question, InfoScout established a baseline group of 2,364 people who purchased video game products in October 2015. We then contrasted their purchases to those of 1,020 Americans who purchased a video game, console or accessory during the 2015 Black Friday promotion period (starting at 6PM on Thanksgiving, and running until the end of day Friday). Gamers in the baseline group of October buyers versus Black Friday buyers were segmented into Millennial (ages 18 – 35) and Middle Age (ages 36 – 55), to compare their dollar spend on Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo products.

Based on the evidence above, Sony PlayStation clearly “won” Black Friday 2015 among Millennials, stealing 7 percentage points of market share directly from the Microsoft Xbox. Millennials are notoriously fickle, and Sony clearly took advantage at Microsoft’s expense. By contrast, Middle Aged video game buyers’ preferences only changed slightly (away from Nintendo) during the Black Friday shopping spree, with Xbox capturing a slightly higher share of those gamers’ wallets than PlayStation.
http://blog.infoscout.co/millennial-video-game-sales/

One was taken on Thursday before the Store opened and the next was taken Friday night. We have quite a few Xbones still at the top stock and today the last of the Uncharted PS4s were put out.

As a manager for Best Buy, I know my entire store and warehouse is out of PS4 units. We still have stacks of Xbox and can't even give them away (get an Xbox One for free with Purchase of a Samsung TV).

Yo damnnn

Abdiel

Wow. What part of the country is your store in?

My store and most of our district didn't get that aggressively cleaned out quite yet... Some are sold out of one or the other system, but the district as a whole is still prepped for Sunday.

Looks like your store is sitting on a ton of those stupid Tomb Raider bundles too, huh? They're basically dead weight to our district.

^$449 for the TR bundle? Is this right? It's the first time I see this. Rip that game, who would ever buy that SKU?

Nope, That sign was for the Halo Bundle. TR Sign is facing away for $349. BTW We still got a few Limited Edition CE Halo 5 thing (giant ass box).

Wow. What part of the country is your store in?

My store and most of our district didn't get that aggressively cleaned out quite yet... Some are sold out of one or the other system, but the district as a whole is still prepped for Sunday.

Looks like your store is sitting on a ton of those stupid Tomb Raider bundles too, huh? They're basically dead weight to our district.

T32 (Mid West)

I-hate-u

That's the Halo bundle. TR bundle is $349.

But yeah, even at that price, it's just not moving at all.

Nope, That sign was for the Halo Bundle. TR Sign is facing away for $349. BTW We still got a few Limited Edition CE Halo 5 thing (giant ass box).

Just realized the price tag is facing the other way.

Why did MS put out so many SKUs anyway? Can't believe anyone not going for the $299 bundle.

Abdiel

T32 (Mid West)

The only bundles with any real sales momentum for us were the ones priced at $299. The higher ones are just not doing it for people. For both systems, PS4 and XB1, that is.

Thanks for the clarification. Hope it wasn't too miserable. Did your stores open at 6pm on Thursday too?

Wow! Is that a Halo,Tomb Raider and Forza bundle or just the pictures on the box?

Just the picture updated to show new games. We do have a Kinect Bundle console still if you are looking for the innovative and future of motion gaming.

The only bundles with any real sales momentum for us were the ones priced at $299. The higher ones are just not doing it for people.

Thanks for the clarification. Hope it wasn't too miserable. Did your stores open at 6pm on Thursday too?

5pm, was there till 3am with customers.

Memento

We're doubting 1 million in the US. It'll easily sell at minimum 1.5 million globally in the first month.

I think it has a great chance of opening at 1 million in the US.

People sometimes forget how big the Uncharted IP is. Uncharted 3 is supposedly at ~10 million. It is Sony's biggest IP, outside of Gran Turismo of course.

hahahahahah yeah, you're really going on a massive limb that U4 will sell 1.5m copies globally. The series isn't regressing that much in one mainline title, it's not Halo.

U4 is going to drop 4 million on its first month incredibly easily, though I suspect it'll be noticeably more than that.

Abdiel

Just the picture updated to show new games. We do have a Kinect Bundle console still if you are looking for the innovative and future of motion gaming.

5pm, was there till 3am with customers.

Ugh. My thanksgiving dinner was mac n cheese before I headed in to prep my section. Hope things weren't too miserable.

Top Bottom