• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So let's make a NeoGAF national television ad and put it on Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dali

THREAD HIJACK!

Basically, what the thread title says. I suggest reading through the thread to get a feel for what we're up to.

~EviLore

This post was in the DudeBro thread and I thought it definitely deserves its own thread:

thefro said:
Google has a new ad service that lets you run national TV ads

http://www.google.com/adwords/tvads/index-b.html

http://slatev.com/video/how-i-ran-ad-fox-news/

IMHO, we should raise a couple thousand bucks and run the Dudebro commerical folks are making on national TV a few times.

Watched the Slate video and now I'm floored with how easy google has made it for you plebes to spread your idiocy to the masses. Glenn Beck is like a nice warm apple pie compared to the rantings of some of you nut jobs.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
This could also be an incredibly cheap way to try and promote a band or your viral videos. Google has done it again.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
No wonder evil corporations are trying to sue Google. It's like the perfect organization.

Wow. That's amazing.

Does that mean that we can run political propaganda on TV cheaply? That sounds fun.

Edit: When it comes to affordability, I don't know how well this is going to work when more people catch on, though.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Actually, Google sent me a $100 adwords credit, could probably use that towards a TV ad for shits and giggles.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yeah, I just successfully applied a $100 credit to my adwords account for television ads :D

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Seriously, let's do this :D

Doesn't have to be elaborate, but let's do something satirical. And I can narrate the ad.

Dali

Razorskin said:
I say you make a contest thread were the best NeoGAF commercial gets aired!

This sounds great except for the fact that the coolest/funniest commercials the average gaffer makes will probably not meet the standards of any station... not even Fox News.

Bit-Bit

I know I'm unemployed right now. But if Evillore start a Pay Pal account with a promise to make a NeoGAF ad on television, I'd donate a couple of dollars. DO IT GAF!!!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This would be incredible, a moment that would go down in history.
If you need donations or anything I'd be happy to send $10 or so towards it.

it should be dudebro killing some mofos and cut to random loli and animal dancing from OT talk and bam neogaf logo. no words just pictures. we can make few variation of this.

Blair

Banned
We need a celebrity to appear for 2 seconds just to say 'Believe' at the end of the ad. Micheal Cera preferably.

msv

Dali said:
This sounds great except for the fact that the coolest/funniest commercials the average gaffer makes will probably not meet the standards of any station... not even Fox News.
There was a guy who was in commercials on here. Lots of gaffers are good designers. I bet we could make an awesome commercial, I vote we put in dinosaurs and volcanoes!

KAOz

Short bus special
Blair said:
We need a celebrity to appear for 2 seconds just to say 'Believe' at the end of the ad. Micheal Cera preferably.

No, EviLore should appear right at the end of the commercial, smile a shiteating grin and say "Believe", then wink his eye and walk away.

Or, make it like the old PS3 commercials. :lol

EviLore said:
Seriously, let's do this :D

Doesn't have to be elaborate, but let's do something satirical. And I can narrate the ad.

Do you have a good voice? If you do this, you do it right brother. I say we just make a 15 second long mememachine with a bigass NEOGAF! at the end, then have Pedobear pop his head out of the O.

Corum

Maybe a take on Apple's "There's an app for that" e.g. "Need relationship advice on the girl you've been stalking for the past four years, there's a thread for that.". Maybe a little past it's time for comic value though.

Blair said:

Nooooo

BladeoftheImmortal said:
Do you have a good voice? If you do this, you do it right brother. I say we just make a 15 second long mememachine with a bigass NEOGAF! at the end, then have Pedobear pop his head out of the O.

Yeah, because those are the type people we want posting here.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
backflip10019 said:
Some of you really want to waste this opportunity by throwing Pedobear up there? Really?

Seriously. Ad could turn out great, why ruin it. I'm all for this :D

BladeoftheImmortal said:
It's no 4chan. Although I don't have any suggestions for a good commercial for a forum.

Jasup

"How do I approach other people? I lose my eyesight every now and then, should I go to the doctor? Can I cure my kitten with pizza? Is Nintendo really for kids?

We all ponder upon these things, luckily we're nor alone. NeoGAF provides you all the answers to your life's big questions.

NeoGAF, register now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom