• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Slim Unboxing Video

PS4 Slim $200 -

PS4K $299 -

Slim $299 -

PS4K $399 -

QuikNez

Sorry if this was answered or a potentially dumb question, but does it look like the PS4 slim has HDR and 4K BR output too?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Even more believable:

Slim $299 (with a game bundled in some markets), 250$ price used to firesale old PS4s units in stock. 50$ timed price drop for BF and December like last year.
PS4K 399$ at launch, vanilla, 1 or 2 games bundled during the holiday season, still at 399$.

Yeah. Although I still think they might push it on the Neo price - at the very least I can see a larger storage $449/$499 SKU, even if there is a $399 SKU. There's certainly no way in hell it's going to be less than $399.

Venom Fox

Banned
Neo will be around $499/£450 I reckon. I think there maybe some surprises in store for us like updated UI more in line of what the 4.0 Beta has given us.

OmegaFax

#TEAMREAL

https://postimage.org/app.php

https://postimage.org/app.php

https://postimage.org/

02xGRNa.gif

Bit late now, but anything left you want to know...let me know.

-What firmware does it ship with?

-Does the 4.0 beta work with it?

-How loud is it? Does the idle noise sound less electrical (buzzy) than the blue CUH-1200 model you have?

-The optical audio selection is completely missing from the settings menu?

-Are the Share/Option and D-Pad more tactile and easier to press than the original DS4 controller?

Thanks! (questions were probably answered somewhere else but these are all the ones at the top of my head)

vin-buc

I'm going to wait and see about the noise but if it's that loud I will be upset. For those of us who have had loud systems - it's unbearable and I was hoping that any new console is nearly whisper quiet.

This was day one until this popped up.

EJStyleS

-What firmware does it ship with?

-Does the 4.0 beta work with it?

-How loud is it? Does the idle noise sound less electrical (buzzy) than the blue CUH-1200 model you have?

-The optical audio selection is completely missing from the settings menu?

-Are the Share/Option and D-Pad more tactile and easier to press than the original DS4 controller?

Thanks! (questions were probably answered somewhere else but these are all the ones at the top of my head)

Yo.

- Not signed in yet, but will find out...

- Ships with 3.51

- Yep, just the 'audio format (priority)' setting is available.

- Pads nigh-on identical, unfortunately...

- Got an original CUH-1000 and a 20th Anniversary model, and is whisper quiet compared to those - not an entirely fair test as the original has a 2TB drive so is a bit squeaky...but it's noticably quiet compared to those.

Dissapointed to see this at 500GB, hopefully the default hardrive for the Neo is 1TB.

I'd really like to see a nice SATA 3 port and an SSD involved in the mix, too. But, hey- it's nice to want things, right?

I think we can pretty much count on there being a 500GB base model and a 1TB model at a stupidly high markup.

Lady Gaia

The guy said in the comments it's 60/70 db. Is it loud?

Most people don't have any idea how to measure noise levels, even with a decent sound pressure level meter, and chances are it was some random app on a phone which is even less accurate. Wait for someone who knows what they're doing to do an A/B comparison with a launch console before drawing any conclusions.

Most people don't have any idea how to measure noise levels, even with a decent sound pressure level meter, and chances are it was some random app on a phone which is even less accurate. Wait for someone who knows what they're doing to do an A/B comparison with a launch console before drawing any conclusions.

Yep. I would not believe any kind of sound comparisons until this is people's hands who know how to do this stuff. Anything before then is purely anecdotal at best.

Top Bottom