• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

DNAbro

So version exclusive and legendary in the past you always had the problem of "do I get rid of my only copy for the sake of the dex or I do I just throw on a level 100 something and hope a sucker bites?" but that is not a problem in Sun/Moon. For the cover legendary you get a cosmog and the for version exclusive UBs it seems odd these bits of the script:

Why does one version get more aside that suggests more than one can be caught.

Mineral egg group, genderless (like most of mineral group), 6400 steps to hatch. Be sure to catch it in a fancy ball as breeding with Ditto now passes down the other parents ball regardless of gender.

cause more than one can be caught. They aren't legendaries.

Adrian121

Man, I'm really disappointed reading about lack of post game once again. The last game with a good post game was B2W2. The lack of Battle Frontier in ORAS was a punch in the face, especially with that tease they left in. Now it seems like Sun/Moon doesn't offer much in the post game either. Definitely makes me worried because we have just had three games in a row where the post game has been quite minimal and boring, so it seems like they might have stopped caring about adding cool features into the post game like the Battle Frontier.

I always enjoy every Pokemon game no matter what, but having a good post game just makes it so much more fun.

GoldStarz

So I don't suppose there's any way to get Mimikyu in-game earlier on is there? Because I really don't want to wait until the third island or have to walk around an abandoned 7/11 for hours to catch one. TBH, I was expecting it to be available earlier on since it was getting a bit of press and planned to use it as my main.

Alright interesting.
there any backstory for it and is necrozma a scorpion like that one guy was thinking for third legendary in his end of pokemon video?

Supposedly, there's a minor event tying Mr. Bonding and the O-powers to Marshadow, Solgaleo and Lunala. Necrozma is basically an anomaly because it doesn't project wormhole energy like other UBs do. No one in universe knows exactly what it is so they just classify it as an incredibly rare pokemon.

Supposedly, there's a minor event tying Mr. Bonding and the O-powers to Marshadow, Solgaleo and Lunala. Necrozma is basically an anomaly because it doesn't project wormhole energy like other UBs do. No one in universe knows exactly what it is so they just classify it as an incredibly rare pokemon.
Are O-Powers actually in the game, or is just a lore related thing?

Where'd you hear that? EXP share is exactly like XY, effectively a difficulty modifier built into the game (and Mass EV Training Tool) along with the Set and Swtich battle modes.

How is EXP Share a "difficulty modifier?" It has nothing to do with the balance of the game itself. All it does it minimize the amount of time needing for grinding. It doesn't magically make the combat AI better or worse.

How is EXP Share a "difficulty modifier?" It has nothing to do with the balance of the game itself. All it does it minimize the amount of time needing for grinding. It doesn't magically make the combat AI better or worse.
Because grinding is generally not necessary in the Pokémon games. You will likely end up overleveled using the experience share, unless you constantly rotate your team.

So I heard we're finally getting a Poison type legendary. WHOOOOOOO!
Depends on if you count UBs as legendaries or not, but yeah, Nihilego is Rock/Poison.

How good is the story in this one? Like B/W levels or XY levels
From what I've seen of it so far, closer to B/W. Characters have about the same, if not more depth. Plot is kiiiinda similar in some ways like X/Y was to D/P, but it's different enough.

I have different opinion on Grinding. Grinding is basically a dynamic difficulty select (where the selection method is time) in RPGs which can have varying impacts depending on how important leveling is. Under this interpretation the EXP share does act as a difficulty modifier because it reduces your levels at every given point if you choose to not use it.

The problem with XY is that there are a handful of memorable scenarios even with the Set mode enabled. The Gym Leaders or really any major encounter in the game aren't particularly interesting and EXP share enabled hurts this even more because of XY's exp formula easily enabling overleveling. Probably the most Memorable fight is Korrina.

SM doesn't seem to have this issue nearly as much because of the level scaling and better designed encounters in general.

Probably around BW if not generally better due to generally superior dialogue on average and stronger presentation.

Puruzi

Banned
I just watched the first couple of minutes and the way the game starts is cool as shit for a pokemon game. Not going going to watch much more but man, Sun and Moon really jrpg'd it up

Man God

Non-Canon Member

This is an easy one.

I generally catch every new Pokémon I find and raise a few of them. I always keep one Pokémon in my party at all times as an anchor. Often the starter, or something with a move I find indispensable like Surf or Teleport, or lately a Trace Pokémon for catching things with the right ability.

I've played these games a lot obviously and have a general idea where this Pokémon will end up level wise, accounting that sometimes it won't be the right mon for the job and spends a decent amount of the time riding the bench while I level something else.

Here's the list for the last few gens:

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Low 50's
Fire Red/Leaf Green: High 50's
D/P/P: Mid 50's
HG/SS: Mid 40's to the elite 40, Low 60's for Silver
B/W/B2/W2: Mid 50's
X/Y/OR/AS: Mid 80's. High 50's with exp share off.

You stay in the party, not farming per se but looking for all available pokemon in the area, don't run from any fights, don't use repels and you'll get those results keeping one Pokemon in a party of six in each game.

Seil

This is a very long post and I apologize for that.

Last night, I made a series of posts talking about the state of EV training and the call for help mechanic etc. Some new information came about during the process, some information was left out in the older post and the stuff was scattered over some pages. So I figured I would update and consolidate everything.

---------- Poke Pelago ----------

So Poke Pelago is a feature you unlock when you receive Charizard, after Kiawe's trial. Initially you only have Isle Abeens, which is the basic island that you harvest Poke Beans from. This island can also attract wild Pokemon that can apparently choose to stay, though I've not looked into that aspect much.

Other islands include Isle Aplenny for growing Berries, Isle Aphun which lets you send Pokemon off spelunking for items (at level 1 this is just shards, I'm not sure about 2 and 3), Isle Evelup for passively training EVs or EXP, and lastly Isle Avue which has hot springs for Pokemon (I'm assuming this boosts friendship but again not sure. You can also apparently leave eggs here, maybe it can passively lead them to hatch? Needs testing.)

Building and upgrading each island requires you have a certain number of Pokemon in your boxes and a number of Plain Beans. There are three types of beans, Plain, Patterned and Rainbow. The last two are basically just super charged beans, and they can also be exchanged for a number of plain beans for upgrading/developing things if you'd like. Each island can reach level 3. Increasing the level tends to improve the amount of Pokemon that can be there where that's applicable and boosts the effects of the island. For Aplenny, it increases your berry slots, up to 18 at level 3.

You can spend Poke Beans on most islands, and for most of them it increases the speed at which things happen. Doubling the speed of Isle Evelup's play sessions or Aplenny's berry growth speed.

I'm only going to go into more detail on one island, though:

---------- Isle Evelup ----------

This is where you can passively EV train Pokemon, or have them gain EXP but I've not tested the EXP rates so I won't discuss that atm.

This island works as follows: You have "groups" that you can assign Pokemon to. At level 1 you have only one group. You receive two and three at their respective levels. Each group can contain 1-6 Pokemon. All Pokemon in a group will be training in the same stat (or EXP) for the same duration.

When you put Pokemon into a group, you then select the drink to give them which decides how they train. And how many "play sessions" they will perform. Each session takes 30 minutes. By using Poke Beans you can double this speed, making a session effectively take 15 minutes instead.

At level 1, you receive 1 EV per session. At level 2, you receive 2 EVs per session. At level 3, you receive 4 EVs per session. This means that at max level, you'll receive 8 or 16 EVs per hour, depending on whether or not you're using Poke Beans.

---------- Festival Plaza ----------

So this place is like the PSS and Join Avenue rolled together. "What?" Well, you'll go here anytime you want to perform communications operations, GTS, Wonder Trade, Battle Spot, etc. You can go there instantly (with a scene transition of a couple seconds) from your menu at any time.

Please note that my knowledge of Festival Plaza is limited as with the current situation of the game I haven't thoroughly explored it. So some of the following may be incorrect or not fully informed.

You can have 7 stalls here which, as in Join Avenue, can have a variety of functions. People that you communicate with will have their character visit and you can recommend shops to them. Successfully doing so will earn you FC which is the currency used here and also leads to ranking up your plaza. As you rank up your plaza, you may be offered new stalls or features like missions or, at level 8, the ability to host the favorite stall of characters you encounter in the plaza. That last one's likely going to be core to getting your ideal plaza set up.

All services within the Festival Plaza are limited to once per day. If you eat an HP meal at a food stall, you won't be able to eat another HP meal from that stall, for example. You should be able to make use of multiple stalls of the same type, though, from my experience.

Judging from the game text dumps, there may be stalls capable of actually maxing a stat's EVs, so this may at least be a handy supplement to traditional EV training though it's unlikely to replace it if you're breeding and EV training a lot. Unless, of course, you decide to get your hands on multiple EV maxing stalls assuming it's possible. There also appears to be a food stall that can reset EVs.

Due to my limited information, I'm going to leave Festival Plaza at that.

---------- Call For Help ----------

This is a new mechanic in the game. Pokemon can call for help when weakened, this can summon a second Pokemon into the battle. You can KO one and continue to chain this. The odds of high IVs, shiniess and apparently Hidden Abilities go up alongside a chain. There's an item called an Adrenaline Orb you can purchase for 300 pokebucks that increases the rate at which calls for help are made for the entirety of a battle. This feature is also going to be core to traditional EV training. (And it will drive you nuts when you just want to quickly catch something and it takes 8 turns to get it alone.)

As far as I'm aware, every Pokemon you will encounter normally in the wild can perform this function. The vast majority will simply summon more of their kind. A Gumshoos will call in more Gumshoos. There are a few exceptions to this, however. And I believe in some cases these exceptions are the only way to acquire certain Pokemon.

Carbink in some Ten Carat Hill may inadvertently call in a Sableye who will glady munch on it because it loves gems. Corsola's pleas may be met by a Mareanie, their natural predator. Baby Pokemon tend to be capable of calling in their evolved form or a Happiny/Chansey. Sableye, Mareanie and the Happiny line seem to be limited to these situations. And Happiny do not seem to call for help themselves, so I'm assuming the others will not either. So, if only they remain in the battle, your chain is probably broken.

"What does this mechanic mean for EV training?" well, it's a step up from old school EV training since the Pokemon will call in your prey for you. But it's a leap backward from Hordes. It took me 32 turns (one for using an Adrenaline Orb) to KO 26 Caterpie (enough to take a stat from 0 to 252 with Pokerus + Power Item). You'll likely want to go back to supplementing your EV training with Vitamins or the other features provided in Sun and Moon.

Common, weak Pokemon seem to call for help more frequently. Their calls also seem to be more successful. A Munchlax may not call every turn, and many calls may go ignored. But Caterpie seem to like helping each other out.

When you look at the encounter rate dumps, you'll notice each table has 8 Slots. From my experience, only Slot 1 references what you will normally encounter in the wild. Slots 2-8 are instead linked to this mechanic.

Slot Type 1 (Levels 26-29): Geodude (Forme 1) (40%), Mudbray (30%), Torkoal (20%), Elekid (10%)
Slot Type 2 (Levels 26-29): Geodude (Forme 1) (40%), Mudbray (30%), Torkoal (20%), Electabuzz (10%)
Slot Type 3 (Levels 26-29): Geodude (Forme 1) (40%), Mudbray (30%), Torkoal (20%), Electabuzz (10%)
Slot Type 4 (Levels 26-29): Geodude (Forme 1) (40%), Mudbray (30%), Torkoal (20%), Electabuzz (10%)
Slot Type 5 (Levels 26-29): Geodude (Forme 1) (40%), Mudbray (30%), Torkoal (20%), Electabuzz (10%)
Slot Type 6 (Levels 26-29): Geodude (Forme 1) (40%), Mudbray (30%), Torkoal (20%), Chansey (10%)
Slot Type 7 (Levels 26-29): Geodude (Forme 1) (40%), Mudbray (30%), Torkoal (20%), Elekid (10%)
Slot Type 8 (Levels 26-29): Geodude (Forme 1) (40%), Mudbray (30%), Torkoal (20%), Elekid (10%)

In the above table, you'll notice that Geodude, Mudbray and Torkoal's positions in all slots are the same. This means they'll only call themselves. However, Elekid also has Electabuzz and Chansey in its position, meaning it's capable of calling in either of those as well. Hopefully this'll save some confusion to people reading these tables, too.

Pokemon from Island Scan seem incapable of calling for help, you just get the one Pokemon each time.

---------- Island Scan ----------

In your menu, there's a QR Scanner. Every 2 hours, you gain one scan up to a maximum of 10 stored at a time. You can scan random QR codes, or those generated by the Pokedex. Each QR Code you scan earns you 10 points. At 100 Points you can perform an Island Scan.

Island Scan will allow you to catch Pokemon not normally available in Alola. I think there are only 28 possible Pokemon, though, with each island having its own selection. The Pokemon you will encounter via Island Scan is set before you actually scan. You cannot soft reset to change what you will find on a given island. However, each island has its own Pokemon, so you can reset and see if a different island's Pokemon is more appealing to you.

You'll be told the map to go to and be given an hour to deal with this Pokemon. They do not seem to be capable of calling for help and there's only one of them available.

---------- Extra EV/Breeding Information ----------

First off, Male and Genderless Pokemon can pass down their Poke Balls now, hooray!

EV Berries are still around and they still reduce EVs by 10 each.

Vitamins now cost 10k rather than 9.6k a piece. They can also be bought for 2 BP each. They still increase EVs by 10 each up to a max of 100 in a stat.

You can get the Oval Charm easily in the postgame by defeating Morimoto at the GameFreak HQ in Heahea City.

The Shiny Charm seems to come from finishing the Alola Dex now.

Rather than a Daycare, we now have a Nursery. This is distinguished by the fact Pokemon do not gain experience here. Because of that, there's now a flat fee of 500 to retrieve a Pokemon.

When your party is full, you can still receive an Egg and send it to the PC like wild Pokemon.

Once you unlock the stats judge mechanic (which I haven't yet) it's apparently added to your box operations!

Despite rumors, you still need to use incense for the associated baby Pokemon. Incense now vary in price from 2k to 11k rather than a flat 9.6k

There's now a move tutor that'll teach Volt Tackle to Pikachu.

Hyper training does not actually boost IVs. Your IVs will remain the same for the purposes of breeding and determining Hidden Power type. Instead, it sets a flag that makes stat calculations act as though the IV is maxed.

Ditto are located on Mount Hokulani in Ula'ula Island, the third island.

---------- The End ----------

Hopefully this answers some of your questions or otherwise helps people understand some of the new mechanics and what to expect. I'll try to update this post if something new comes to mind. Feel free to ask questions, I'll answer what I can.

Edit: Added information on Island Scan.
Edit2: Added Ditto note.

SoulUnison

Banned
Which is why I can't wait for Pokemon on Switch. They can finally not have to deal with the absurd constraints of a handheld and just design the game how they like.

You say that, but judging from Game Freak's track record with getting familiar with new hardware, they're just fall into the same trap of over-designing and under-delivering, achieving basic competency with the hardware in 2020 just as we start to hear about the Switch's successor.

They had to have their hands held on the Game Boy - Iwata had to personally step in and rescue Gold and Silver.
They did alright on the GBA.
They struggled with the DS until Black2/White2.
And now they're stripping major features from the engine on the 3DS just to achieve a minimum acceptable experience, and it's their third major release on a 5 year old system.

I don't know what Game Freak's deal is or why Nintendo refuses to pressure or admonish them, but they are technically incompetent, full stop.
It's like they have teams of designers and artists and musicians but the programming is handled by one malnourished guy in a basement somewhere.

Something tells me Game Freak is going to have a hard time with Switch just loke they did with the DS with Diamond and Pearl. I'm not expecting a delay after an announcement but I wouldn't be surprised one bit lol.

A few other things to add to what Seil said:

-HP checker's in the Nursery, which is more convenient than it tended to be in previous gens.

-A chain in the teens appears to be sufficient enough for consistent 2 max IVs.

-Even without the o-power, Tauros makes hatching eggs en masse not too bad.

-Rental teams should make getting the long streaks needed to get lots of BP much easier for newbs than in the past. People who magically got the game early somehow are currently SOL ATM though; both battle facilities' lowest difficulties are way harder than past gens' equivalents so it's really tough to do with ingame teams. You can even face megas and pseudos and shit in the first fucking round.

-W/ Amulet coin (assuming it's back) you'll get over 100K per E4 run, which you'll likely be doing lots of to level legendaries and shit to 100 for hyper training. So if you need money for vitamins you'll likely eventually find yourself rolling with cash.

-Exp share still lets you EV train multiple mons at once if you have enough power items. So you should probably do that when possible. Yeah.

-Type: Null is given to you and can't breed. It can, however, be synchronized the same way you could with lati@s and cosplay pikachu in ORAS.

Thanks for all your effort, Seil.

16 EVs per hour is slower than I'd like, admittedly. But that's still 192 EVs over a 12 hour period. So I can leave 6 Pokemon on the isle and overnight they'll be nearly maxed in Attack or whatever by morning.

Overall, I think I prefer this to what we had. It adds kind of a daily, "always on" factor to the game. Sounds like once you get into it you'll be able to get a good routine going. Breed Pokemon, dump them in Pelago, remove your previous projects to level up, grind for beans/BP whatever, battle online some, rinse and repeat.

That sounds like the daily play pattern they were going for.

I have different opinion on Grinding. Grinding is basically a dynamic difficulty select (where the selection method is time) in RPGs which can have varying impacts depending on how important leveling is. Under this interpretation the EXP share does act as a difficulty modifier because it reduces your levels at every given point if you choose to not use it.

The problem with XY is that there are a handful of memorable scenarios even with the Set mode enabled. The Gym Leaders or really any major encounter in the game aren't particularly interesting and EXP share enabled hurts this even more because of XY's exp formula easily enabling overleveling. Probably the most Memorable fight is Korrina.

SM doesn't seem to have this issue nearly as much because of the level scaling and better designed encounters in general.

That doesn't make sense, the only way your definition works is if you assume only levels is significant for combat, which isn't necessarily the case with a series such as Pokemon. You still have Pokemon BST, Pokemon selection, movepool choice for Pokemon used, # of Pokemon used (which is mainly why XY was so garbage in terms of difficulty) and AI quality (wasting turns on splash/boost moves is a considerably easier fight irrespective of levels) to name a few. Moreover, time as a selection method doesn't work considering that it has nothing do with with the actual game balance on its own. All it is saying is that if you spend more time grinding, that you took the more tedious option. In that regard, tedium =! difficulty. That's primarily my problem with the idea that the EXP Share is a difficulty modifier, because it really isn't. So long as it doesn't affect the actual scaling or quality of battles, you can't say that it affects difficulty at all.

Furthermore, I also disagree that Set mode makes the game more "difficult." It absolutely doesn't, and stands out as the most arbitrary limitation that a player would ever put themselves in. For once, because you merely shift the balance of power so that you can't get free counterpick switch-ins, and can only switch in by burning a turn. This works in competitive battling because you're fighting in (ideally) an even playing field as far as skill is concerned. So your turns have to be efficient or else you risk taking punishment from correct reads by your opponent. It doesn't work in single player campaigns because the AI is tactically inept, so you could still get free turns by taking advantage of the poor AI.

Seil

Hrmmm

Ok cool. backtracking will be fun lol

It's not that bad, traveling around islands is actually relatively easy and you get your Tauros on the first island. You should be able to take a ferry back to Melemele. Alternatively, you can complete the next trial and unlock Charizard (Fly).

Furthermore, I also disagree that Set mode makes the game more "difficult." It absolutely doesn't, and stands out as the most arbitrary limitation that a player would ever put themselves in. For once, because you merely shift the balance of power so that you can't get free counterpick switch-ins, and can only switch in by burning a turn. This works in competitive battling because you're fighting in (ideally) an even playing field as far as skill is concerned. It doesn't work in single player campaigns because the AI is tactically inept, so you could still get free turns by taking advantage of the poor AI.

I don't see a viable way an AI can play around Switch mode, it's absurdly overpowering and not how the battle system was designed. Furthermore, all difficulty selections in every kind of game are arbitrary, it's mostly a whim to please oneself. I recently played Hitman without an pop up indicators and so and found it to be brilliant when played with those options disabled and found it to be dreadfully dull with those options enabled. There are also no actual difficulty selection options in that game. I find Pokemon is similar to that. I evaluate games at their most interesting average. For Pokemon that is on Set because it teaches the player intuition and increases the demand for adaptability. The Switch in has to take what ever the opponent does and this rule of Pokemon should not be broken.

On the bright side, I think you'll like the Totem Pokemon, most of them apply a interesting strategy to defeat much like a traditional RPG boss fight.

Shirke

Thanks for all your effort, Seil.

16 EVs per hour is slower than I'd like, admittedly. But that's still 192 EVs over a 12 hour period. So I can leave 6 Pokemon on the isle and overnight they'll be nearly maxed in Attack or whatever by morning.

Overall, I think I prefer this to what we had. It adds kind of a daily, "always on" factor to the game. Sounds like once you get into it you'll be able to get a good routine going. Breed Pokemon, dump them in Pelago, remove your previous projects to level up, grind for beans/BP whatever, battle online some, rinse and repeat.

That sounds like the daily play pattern they were going for.

Just wondering, so the Isle features run in real time and function when the 3DS is in sleep mode?

UberTag

-A chain in the teens appears to be sufficient enough for consistent 2 max IVs.
Based on what I saw a couple nights ago, that's roughly around the same length you need for hidden abilities to materialize semi-frequently.

Any clarity on how high the chain needs to get to consistently get 3 IVs or more?

Man, I'm personally not too happy that they've embraced the whole dark pokedex thing. It was fine before to have some that were dark when they weren't trying to edgy up every single entry but now it seems like they're trying to depict this crapsack world that runs completely contrary to the idealistic world we're actually presented with. There isn't any actual hidden darkness behind what we see (with some exceptions and in those cases they don't go pointlessly dark for no reason) so the pokedex stuff comes off as a bit odd. At the rate they're going, soon they'll be flat out implying that trainers are evil for capturing Pokemon or something.

And what a kick in the face to mega evolution too. I personally love the mechanic and it doesn't seem to be universally loathed or anything by the fans so I don't get the 180 Gamefreak has taken on it. Aside from nearly abandoning the mechanic for now, they've decided to go and start grimdarking it up too? Why the heck did we go from mega evolution being the ultimate expression of the bond between Pokemon and trainer to it apparently being this horrible thing trainers do to their mons to make them stronger. I know some people like the idea of that, and it's a concept I kind of like too, but it runs completely contrary to absolutely everything we've been given so far to a near nonsensical degree. It seems like it's just a big middle finger to the whole concept for no reason at all.

At the end of the day none of this will affect the game itself, but that's exactly why it bothers me so much. Why get all grim when it runs completely opposite, barring some exceptions, to how the world we're shown actually is. I know it's not really a big deal, but I figured I'd give my thoughts on it anyway even if not many people will agree.

I just finished the main campaign, going into the post-game now. I'm not planning on getting into the competitive scene anymore, but I've been a huge fan of the series since I was 2 or 3 (I basically learned English with RPG's like these), so if there's any questions or something I can help with, I'd be glad to help.

Turning off the EXP Share as soon as you get it is really important if you want any sort of actual difficulty; it made the game a lot more enjoyable for me. I had problems with some Totem Pokémon because of that and the poor balance of my team, but there are some main fights that are so ridiculously simple that being underleved is the only way to get some sort of challenge out of it.

Question, does anyone know when you can start fishing? I wanna catch Shellder asap lol.
Right after you finish the water trial on the first island, the captain gives you one. It's the second (IIRC) trial, where you fight a
Wishiwashi, School Forme
as the Totem Pokémon.

I liked it a lot, anything in particular you want to know about? The game in general is really reminiscent of BW & BW2.

So I don't suppose there's any way to get Mimikyu in-game earlier on is there? Because I really don't want to wait until the third island or have to walk around an abandoned 7/11 for hours to catch one. TBH, I was expecting it to be available earlier on since it was getting a bit of press and planned to use it as my main.
It's not early per se, but there is still plenty of important stuff left after you clear that trial (around 10h of my 35h save). Mimikyu was the last Pokémon I added to my party, and I still got him to get me out of a lot of tight situations, thanks to Decoy.

And, yeah, walking around the trial site with that encounter rate is a bitch. I was with some friends and we were all passing the console around waiting for someone to find one, which was kinda fun once we actually found one and nearly killed him, just to end up catching him with one of my last Pokéballs, a Lure Ball.

Those shitty encounter rates for some Alolan Pokémon are one of the bad points of this game, but there's so much stuff that makes up for it in many other ways.

So there's a guy on /vp/ right now who's saying that EV training is actually quite a bit easier than people are stating. Here's something he states is in the game that I haven't heard much:

Anonymous said:
EVs - The Festival Plaza (FREE, INSTANT EV MAXING)
>One of the booth types in the Plaza is a shop that sells EV boosting drinks (for Festival Coins - FC - basically Poke Miles). At the highest level, these shops sell drinks that can fully maximize a stat.
>The shops can sell multiple EV maxing drinks ("Max HP", "Max Def" etc.) but you can only buy each drink once a day per shop (meaning that you could buy both the HP and the Def drink in one day).
>You can have up to 7 booths in your Plaza, and they can be duplicates of one another. In other words, in the best case scenario, YOU CAN *INSTANTLY* MAXIMIZE EACH STAT UP TO 7 TIMES PER DAY
>"hurr but how do i get a good booth" - You can check what booths both random players and friends have and clone their booths to your plaza. In other words, if someone gets a good booth, it can spread like Pokerus. Just add someone from /wfg/ with it and its yours. Quick and easy.
>"hurr what if i only want 128 EVs" - There are medium and small size drinks as well in lower tier shops.

Sounds great if true, just requiring a bit of set up.

If only people had read my later posts, with me stating that a difficulty selection is perfect. I wonder how hard that is to do instead of posting purely on instant reaction.......

I read your other posts. I was just making a stupid post. But the point does still stand. It's kind of weird that GF, after all this time, makes the weirdest choices. How long have RPGs had multiple save slots? How long have difficulty settings been in place?

It's sort of sad that the community had to come up with their own rules to make the games more fun and more challenging.

Seil

About what level are you when you reach the nursery?

I don't remember, but wild pokemon in the area are level 13-15ish.

On the Festival plaza EV thing, I kind of touched on that in my earlier post lol. Though that confirms it.

Judging from the game text dumps, there may be stalls capable of actually maxing a stat's EVs, so this may at least be a handy supplement to traditional EV training though it's unlikely to replace it if you're breeding and EV training a lot. Unless, of course, you decide to get your hands on multiple EV maxing stalls assuming it's possible.

If you wanna set up your whole plaza for EV training then yeah that's pretty great. If you want to use it for anything else, it's a bit less so.

Top Bottom