• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Marketplace E3 Monday stuff is up

Aryuken

Banned
You guys are killing me, i don't see lost planet, omg ARRRHHH

iwatagun3xj.jpg

*presses trigger*

Superfrog

Keep on refreshing the 'featured downloads' section. I'm still downloading (19%...), so it still has to be online.

Edit: Lost Planet demo is available for US accounts ONLY (at least for now).

hadareud

The Translator
Pedigree Chum said:
I don't see it either :(
create a US account and try it. Or if you have an US account create a UK one and try it. It's there with my US one, but not with my UK one.

edit: it's very slow, 25% so far

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Can anyone provide a quick guide on how to change content region, I'm Swedish and I'd like it changed to UK, if possible. If not, how/where do I go to set up a new passport account with UK region set from the start?

Speevy

Banned
You have to know they're doing this on purpose to get positive WOM out about Lost Planet without killing servers.

Its obvious the demo is there for download, but for whatever reason they took down the link to it. Ahh fuck it....... after another 30 minutes of watching "featured downloads".

Yes I am pathetic:lol :lol

Smokey

The LP demo is now a big banner when you click on XBL Marketplace. It's right under Featured Downloads. You just move over the banner and DL it..

Speevy

Banned
Of All Trades : On a scale of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland to "Best lookin game on the 360", rate the graphics.

hadareud

The Translator
47%, please don't die download.

I guess you have to keep trying signing in and out with different accounts if it's not there.

You just need to create a passport for the country you want the account for and then create a new account on your 360 btw.

Speevy said:
Of All Trades : On a scale of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland to "Best lookin game on the 360", rate the graphics.
I hesitantly say "Significantly Better Than GRAW". The blur effect and animation are excellent. Explosions are about on par with GRAW, maybe a bit smokier. Outdoor stuff gives a good feel of the cold snow, indoor does a good job with the "frozen building" feel.

just checked

LP demo is nowhere to be found at this time :(

as far as everything else, didn't like how the game I wanted to see were just recut trailers....still always a pleasure to see them again

I DLed Stranglehold, Dead Rising, BiA:HH

golem

OMG LOST PLANET IS FIN AWESOME!!!

gotta run and only tried the first demo part, but

1. walking around gameplay is actually really fun, the grenades and weapons are nice to use
2. explosions are awesome! especially when you get the fireball effect indoors
3. the big bugs are very cool
4. when you get a mech, the party is on!
5. swarming flying things are great, so many bugs on screen in the cavern it gets kinda hectic
6. bug generators are back!
7. the spinning bug thing is a cool boss fight, debris and chaos everywhere!
8. you can pull the gatling gun off the mech to use when you're walking?! hahah
9. great framerate and graphics
10. awesome job capcom!

Also, everything looks very polished. Very HD.

Zoomed-in explosion not as good as GRAW. Hard to explain. I think it's more of a style difference, plus the GRAW team obviously focused on the "reality" of GRAW's explosions.

If anything, this indicates that Halo 3 will be, quite frankly, brainmelting.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I played the Lost Planet demo. The animation of the creatures is really good as are the explosions but other than that? I didn't think it was good. Gameplay felt stale. Controls are sluggish.

Lost Planet: Extremely Disappointing

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:eek:

Lost Planet is amazing.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Are you guys playing the same demo as I am? I haven't played the second level yet but still. Different strokes I guess.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Baron Aloha said:
I played the Lost Planet demo. The animation of the creatures is really good as are the explosions but other than that? I didn't think it was good. Gameplay felt stale. Controls are sluggish.

On the contrary, Lost Planet is a lot of fun and has a lot of promise. I just wish the guy can run faster and that there be better snow footprint effects, but it's awesome otherwise.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Baron Aloha said:
Are you guys playing the same demo as I am?

Yea and it controls fine,looks awesome and is a lot of fun for a demo,are you playing what I am?

raYne

Baron Aloha said:

And yet you like Test Drive...

Odrion

Banned
Baron Aloha said:

Don't kill my buzz. :mad:

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
lost planet looks spectacular -- clean and solid, really convincing motion blur, gorgeous explosions. it seems to be a thoroughly generic third-person shooter, though, and the player character is painfully slow. i don't think i'd be interested if the graphics were mediocre. but they're not. and i suppose i am.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Odrion said:
Don't kill my buzz. :mad:

Sorry. Those are just my initial impressions. But don't take my word for it. Play it for yourself and form your own opinion. You may end up liking it. Apparently a lot of people do. I just didn't.

drohne said:
lost planet looks spectacular -- clean and solid, really convincing motion blur, gorgeous explosions. it seems to be a thoroughly generic third-person shooter, though, and the player character is painfully slow. i don't think i'd be interested if the graphics were mediocre. but they're not. and i suppose i am.

EXACTLY!!! Well put.

I just played a bit of the Lost Planet demo. This game looks and sounds amazing. The animation is unbelieveable. If you thought it was boring, at least try the second level. That level is amazing right from the start.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Wow, Lost Planet looks nice. The gameplay takes a bit of time to get used to, but afterwards it's simple. I'll do a video after I'm done eating.
Is it me or is the 2nd mission really hard. Did I miss something? I'm getting hacked to pieces by the mecha.

hyp

Sathsquatch said:
I just played a bit of the Lost Planet demo. This game looks and sounds amazing. The animation is unbelieveable. If you thought it was boring, at least try the second level. That level is amazing right from the start.

more than one level?!? awesome. sucks that i'm work right now.... arrgh.

Top Bottom