• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

17 year old teen throws 9 year old off of building roof (Update: expected to live)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

Posted on the 15th:
Boy thrown from five-story roof awakes from coma, talking to cops

After briefly regaining consciousness, Freddy told cops that Aska, who lives above him, had shown up at his third-floor apartment and then dragged him to the roof.
----
Since his fall, Freddy has been in a medically induced coma, and thus been unable to give cops more information that could contradict Aska’s claims, and bolster the case against him.

That changed in the past several days, when Freddy was removed from life-support equipment at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, began breathing on his own, and came out of the coma, the source said.

“It’s unbelievable,” said Steven Hymowitz, a lawyer for Freddy’s dad, who is also named Freddy Martin. “God was certainly with him.”

Freddy since has been interviewed by detectives. It is not known what he said.

It also mentions that they're filing a lawsuit against the apartment owners too.

dojokun

Banned
Posted on the 15th:
Boy thrown from five-story roof awakes from coma, talking to cops

It also mentions that they're filing a lawsuit against the apartment owners too.
I think something analogous whenever someone talks about God helping people who are in a hospital. Nooooo, surely it wasn't the medical staff. It was God.

Why bother going to the hospital if it's all up to God? Just lay there on the sidewalk and bleed. God will help you.

Let's not make this a thread about religion guys. So glad to hear he's going to live
Alright fine.

Batman

Banned
Why are they going to sue the landlord? When I was a kid we used to pick the locks to get to roofs even when they were really secure. People can't be everywhere at every time.

dojokun

Banned
Why are they going to sue the landlord? When I was a kid we used to pick the locks to get to roofs even when they were really secure. People can't be everywhere at every time.
In America, suing people isn't about who's at fault. It's about who has money. Landlord has money. 17 year old kid doesn't.

LycanXIII

Because the Landlord left the door to the roof unlocked after several complaints about it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

That answers your question. *You* picked the locks to gain access. The doors on this apartment buildings roof were left open at all times.

Batman

Banned
Because the Landlord left the door to the roof unlocked after several complaints about it.

That's a problem then. It's still disturbing that people are sue happy for things that are ridiculous and the people being sued usually are also victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom