• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November? More like Confessember! Anonymous Confessions/Advice Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llyranor

Well, sometimes you just have to doublecheck to make sure they actually need to be washed, or whether you can still wear them for another week or two. Right? RIGHT?

Why why why why why why why

image.php

ronito

Back when the first skylanders game released I went to Target to find a particular figure, there was this bratty ass kid there who was making a scene and giving his mom hell because he wanted the last of one of the Target exclusive ones but she kept telling him know.

I wanted to punch the shit out of this little brat because of how disrecpectful he was but instead I waited for him to get in view of me at the registers and I bought the figure that he wanted, and then gave him the finger as I walked by him with it....problem is this has now become a habit for me....

I troll local stores hoping to encounter a similiar scenario so I can get the same feeling of vengeful satisfaction on these brats that think the world owes them something just because they exist and give their parents hell when they don't get what they want......
I love that the way you get back at kids is to act as bratty as they are.

Newline

Why why why why why why why
When I get to the end of the week sometimes if i've been too busy or lazy I run out of fresh underwear, I do sometimes have to find a decent enough pair to go a second round and the only way to do this is to give em a good sniffing to :/

Am sharing many of the confessions with my partner over supper. I haven't seen her three days. We know how to party. Her responses to a few:

Re: pillow humping girl:
"He should put the bra and panties on himself, so she'll hump him."

Re: girl who wants white boyfriend:
"Go to a bar, hook up with white guy, then date nice guy."

mt1200

I have to confess that I suck at fasting, I just ate an Mcangus bacon and lost my self-proposed 2 week water/tea fasting after 2 days starving.

I'll also confess that I want to have sex so badly with my best female friend
I don't care about the friendzone nor if she already has a bf, i've already told her that I want more than a single friendship

marrec

Banned
Confession:

I have a cringe problem.
I can't stand cringey situations, I get extreme feelings of cringe and have to escape.

That's a normal and healthy reaction. Like now, we should be cringing and fleeing.

I have a cringe problem too, when I break lettuce, I involuntarily cringe.

mattoz85

I have to confess that I suck at fasting, I just ate an Mcangus bacon and lost my self-proposed 2 week water/tea fasting after 2 days starving.

I don't care about the friendzone nor if she already has a bf, i've already told her that I want more than a single friendship

Ha, I also cannot fast. Like I'll make it to 4PM, then start snacking on something without realizing it and be like, oops, fast broken, may as well just eat dinner now.

SRG01

My confession is that I don't like looking at my past. Not because I'm particularly ashamed of it, but because I am reminded of how little progress I've made in my life. Career-wise, I've made leaps and bounds: I've gained so much experience in five years that most people would love to get in ten or fifteen. However, my personal life and my mental health has gone in a big circle. I no longer have a social life because I suck at work-life balance, and my mental health is getting worse because I don't have an adequate support network to help me on my low days.

I secretly wonder if my unconscious mind conspires against me, or just learns how to get around any new defenses or coping strategies I've built up.

ronito

I love watching movies, i watch them all.. Old, new.. everything.

I´ve seen all of Kubricks movies. There are some real gems there.. But i just don´t get the movie A clockwork orange. Whenever i try watching it, i just got bored and fall asleep.

I'd never admit that to Gaf though, too many fans.

SKWIt.gif

ronito

Proactive TL;DR: Guy has a bad girlfriend. Proceeds to write book about it.
Hello, Confession GAF,

So this is the summation of my time with “Girl X.” We maintained a long distance relationship for 4 years; we have known each other for 5 years. We’re no longer together. Think of this as a post-mortem of our relationship; I’ve moved on from her as a person. I’d never be in another relationship with her again.

As far as my background goes: I have a fairly decent job. I’m back in school, vying for a graduate program (with the hope of progressing in my field). I’m not from a background of affluence, just low to mid-tier middle class. I also do freelance work and work a seasonal job on the side.

I’m in the process of moving out and getting my life back together WITHOUT Girl X. This isn’t meant to be a rant, but reflection. Something for me to look back on in a better place.

My relationship with Girl X had its peaks and valleys. In the past half of the year, things became strained due to my situation at home. I could afford to live on my own, but I’ve stayed with my family to watch over my brother and sister. I was afraid things would fall apart without me. My mother suffers from a psychosis that causes her to experience manic “episodes.” She’s attempted to take her own life several times and has been committed each time. Her and her husband were divorced, but recently got back together due to financial strains on her part.

Unfortunately, they end up besotted with liquor nearly every night. There’s more alcohol than food in the house and I’ve all but given up on trying to maintain any semblance of normalcy in this place. The home we live in sat vacant for several years. It was inundated with pretty much any pestilence you can think of before me moved in. Anything connected to a water line leaks, the doors and windows aren’t properly sealed, and a slew of other problems make it difficult to live in this place. For a stint, my mother was “fostering” special needs kittens in the house without properly tending to them. Feces could be found anywhere the cats roamed.

Trying to tend to all of these things felt futile. Girl X was one of the few things that picked me up during these times (when we weren’t bickering). Perhaps it was misattribution on my part. Looking back, there were underlying conflicts that never were resolved.

She viewed me as “inferior” and “below average or average at best” in terms of intelligence. She attends an Ivy League college and aspires for a career in engineering. At first, she was supportive of my aspirations and my job… Then it transmogrified to contempt and condescension.

Both of her parents are clearly intelligent people. There’s NO DOUBT she inherited their intelligence. But there are different complexes of intelligence and being “smart” isn’t the only positive attribute one can have. This isn’t how Girl X viewed things.

Girl X’s home life wasn’t exactly stable when she was growing up. Her mother regularly insulted her, calling her “fat,” “stupid,” and so forth; while also telling her she was special and had to go to a prestigious university to be successful. Their arguments often ended in both of them crying. She has a “turbulent” relationship with her father, someone with an incredible resume and degree from a prestigious university, but ultimately didn’t do anything with it. She’d regularly dodge his calls and avoid seeing him. When she was a child, her mother lied and claimed her father abused her in order to gain full custody of her. This created a tempestuous relationship between all parties.

My test scores were above average. I am fairly articulate and received scholarships upon graduating. I was living in a volatile home and still managed to graduate from high school in the top 12 percentile with a decent GPA.

When I informed Girl X of this, she rebuffed, “But I go to an Ivy League school, my SAT scores are higher, my scholarships are better, and I never underperformed in any subject.” But how was that relevant? What did it matter?

I personally never cared which of us were “smarter,” but I HAD TO BE INFERIOR to her. She had to lob crap at me to ensure I “knew” I was “less intelligent” than her. It got really tiring and she refused to renege on her thoughts. One time, she demanded I say I was “less intelligent” than her or else she’d break up with me. I refused and she ultimately didn’t do it.

These are quotes collected roughly over the course of two years (mind you, these were during arguments and she’d change her tune afterward):

"Maybe you would get somewhere in life if you weren't such an unmotivated, unintelligent piece of shit.”

"No, you're unintelligent because you actually lack any sort of intelligence. You underperform in every subject.”

"You're a joke. Give up.”

"Your friends aren't intelligent. They're the not kind of people I respect.”

"How would you know? You aren't any intelligent person.”

"Because you are a fucking idiot.”

"I wish I was impregnated by you so I could abort your fetus and make you cry."

"I'm going to cheat on you for real. Fuck it. The consequences don't matter because they are better than having you in my life, anymore.”

"It isn't a threat. I just want you to break up with me. I would give up practically anything for that.
I don't care. It would be worth it.”

"Would you leave me if I fucked someone else? Because I will go do it, take pictures, and put them all over the Internet if that's what it takes to make you leave me alone.”

"You'd leave me if I cheated on you?! I know what my plans for this weekend are. Expect pictures."

"You've done nothing positive for me in the past. Fuck you. I'm so glad we aren't together."

"I'm so happy I am never going to see you again. Because, if I did, I would probably punch you in the face.”

"We cannot be together. I'm going to punch you in the face. And I would rather avoid that. No one can protect you. A million nights in jail won't fix the damage I will do to your body.
You're stupid if you aren't afraid.”

"I might actually murder you one day. This is rapidly becoming a fear of mine.”

"I hate you."

"Most of what you say isn't worth replying to.”

"Some people get all the luck. I obviously didn’t.”

"Why? My life was pre-determined to be shit from the moment I was conceived. I can't do anything about that."

"I hope I die and you're implicated in some way so you can spend the rest of your life feeling guilty."

"The world would be a better place if you were dead."

"You should kill yourself."

Her explanation for these often cruel and venomous words?
"I wanted to regain control of the conversation. Sometimes, saying something shocking does it.” Again, none of these quotes were lifted from when we broke up. These were interspersed throughout the last two years of our relationship. Each time, she’d come back and apologize.

Last year, she informed me she engaged in “sexting” with two people. She claimed this was actuated by the other individuals, but she failed to inform them she was dating me. One was a friend (I haven’t confronted them and probably won’t); the other was an acquaintance I had been out of touch with for a long time. She kept us off of social media and I did the same. At first, it was to keep our relationship out of public scrutiny, but now I think there was an ulterior motive behind it.

I admonished her and told one of the individuals to kindly respect our relationship and stay away. He was dating someone at the time and I felt the mature thing to do would be for both him and her to stay away from each other. His response was to “block” me, but not her.

So we continued dating until we reached a potential bifurcation in the summer of this past year. I visited her at her living area at college (it was a two story home with one story rented out amongst her classmates). She said she felt uncertain, but was willing to give it another go.

She had confided in her roommates when we argued and they had a pretty terrible impression of me. She wouldn’t even talk about me at first because she was afraid she’d be judged for dating someone that wasn’t attending a “prestigious university.” Interestingly enough, she regularly insulted these people and was trying to devise a way to break apart the relationship of one of her best friends… And she was the one that set it up.

Her friends were under the impression I was visiting so she’d break up with me. She gave me the impression I was visiting to try to mend things. So I went there having just had to deal with a suicide attempt by my mother. I was still recovering from a stomach virus. And I had anxiety due to the nebulous nature of all of this.

During the stay, we argued a couple times. I was going through a bit of a personal crisis as a result of all of the problems in my life. Instead of being supportive, Girl X said, “You’re moody and not fun and you aren’t making me happy.”

I’d walk a half a mile to the store and back to get her things. I cooked with her and engaged in our usual activities, despite still recuperating from the aforementioned virus. I spent the final night with her packing her things and wrapping individual bottles of nail polish for storage until I fell asleep from exhaustion (her collection is immense). She was someone I could forgive for just about anything. When we talked about a future together, I really believed it.

So the stay wrapped itself up and despite a couple arguments as a result of my uncertainty (spurred on by Girl X’s uncertainty and outside stresses), we had a nice time. She ultimately decided to stay with me and we worked through things.

Then she departed for her internship (mid-west area). I offered to take time off of work and visit her, but she asked me not to do so. Her reasoning? “You wouldn’t have any fun here.” She told her fellow interns that she was single and she had broken up with me “months ago.” She purchased a small HDTV and Xbox 360 and began to obsequiously play Call of Duty.

She started flirting with several different guys. One lived just a couple hours away from me; once divorced due to infidelity on his ex’s part and with kids. Mind you, this all happened unbeknownst to me and I was under the impression she still loved me and wanted to be with me, despite our arguments.

We planned to attend PAX Prime and later A SEASONAL EVENT THAT SHALL GO UNNAMED (where we first met years ago). I had booked the hotel room in Seattle and purchased the tickets for an exorbitant amount months in advance.

In fact, one of our arguments started because she purchased PAX Prime tickets second-hand and I mentioned I would like to go. She insisted I never said I wanted to go, when I did several times (our arguments were practically always about something trivial like this). She refused to invite me because doing so would be admitting she was wrong. Annoyed and uncertain, I stepped away for a few hours and she came back and said she would like me to attend with her.

Nearly a month before PAX Prime, she purchased a plane ticket to spend the weekend engaging in venereal activities with the aforementioned divorced guy. She told him she had broken up with me “months ago.” She had barely known him and didn’t tell anyone else about this plan.

So PAX Prime happened. Besides one argument we had, things went well. We definitely weren’t vituperative. She waited until the day of my flight to end things. I flew back home. The next week was a warped roller coaster that now feels like a blur. A lot of awful thoughts and feelings. I went through the 5 stages of grief with a lot of ferocity. I ended up sending a slew of birthday/apology presents.

As soon as I made it home, I was informed that my mother’s husband had left. He was done. We were probably going to be evicted. I had 4 classes with a lot of coursework, 2 jobs to balance, and a profound case of depression/anxiety. I had to go on antidepressants to cope. A kidney stone didn’t make matters any better.

5 days after ending things, she flew to see that guy just 2 hours away from me. I begged her to speak with me. She ended up informing me of her venture the day she was flying back. She insisted it was just because she “missed home” and that “nothing happened.”

A few days later, I learned her period was late. She insisted it could only be my child. I demanded to know if she had slept with anyone else (I of course suspected she had). Out of guilt, I sent her money for pregnancy tests. She refused to tell me the truth until AFTER her period occurred and the pregnancy tests showed negative. Without getting into specifics, it’s unlikely that I could impregnate her. She wasn’t aware of this, though.

What followed was a post-relationship that vacillated back and forth. Mixed signals were given. I attempted to try things again. I tried to cope. I just wasn’t sure what to do.

I can see now that I was just her safety net. She continued to use me while she flirted with the “friends” she made on Xbox Live. Pretty much just socially awkward dudes (we still followed each other on Twitter, and she publicly exchanged licentious remarks with them).

She came back to visit due to our prior plans and because the flight was already purchased. We ended up going to THE SEASONAL EVENT THAT SHALL REMAIN UNNAMED. I covered everything and we had a relatively nice, but bittersweet day. Things ended horribly when we tried talking afterward.

According to her, she did nothing wrong; I deserved all of this. She had framed me as an abusive, neglectful, volatile person. When I attempted to bring up things she had done or explain my own situation, she said, “I don’t care about you or your problems. You’re wrong.” There was no changing her or her mind.

There’s a scene in a film I recently saw (don’t want to spoil it) where the protagonist has a sit down with another character after their relationship ends. During the conversation, we can see a change in the central character, but no change in the other person. They can see things ultimately worked out for the better and that there was no changing the other person. Things would have dissolved eventually.

This is the conclusion I have ultimately accepted. Girl X is egomaniacal, solipsistic, and unhealthy for me. She’s delusional and believes she’s infallible. She ignores what she did wrong and only focuses on what others do wrong. She’s been through many friends and has lost a litany of close connections as a result of her behavior.

The experience has helped me understand that I need to leave home and focus on myself. No other human being will be permitted to treat me that way again. I’m working on deprogramming myself and I refuse to ever treat someone the way she treated me.

I’m going to take an acrimonious and sad situation and spin it into something good. I’m going to be a better person and improve my situation. This will serve as an impetus to keep going. I'm not going to give up, Confession GAF.

ronito

I'm a gay male in my late 20s. About two years ago, I met a guy who I immediately fell for. I never believed in love at first sight, but if it exists, then this was it. Long story short, he ended up breaking my heart on two different occasions, and this broke me as a person.

The few short months I spent with this guy were the only time in my whole life I ever felt like anyone could make me happy. I thought we were both so happy, but it was just some kind of experiment for him. I haven't felt anything remotely like what I felt for him before or since then.

Prior to meeting this guy, I had had sex with 15 other guys, which is not an unusually large number for a gay guy in his 20s (in my opinion). But after this guy broke up with me, I became a total slut. In just over a year and a half, I've slept with approximately 90 more guys. I used condoms with only 3 or 4 of them, and I found out in July of this year that I have HIV.

Obviously, it was my own fault, and I take full responsibility for my actions. I'm on HIV medication, and physically there are no symptoms or side effects or anything. But the emotional toll... It can be a lot, and I don't have too many people to talk to about it.

I'm worried that no one will ever love me. I felt like this before my diagnosis, and I feel it's even more true now. There's such a stigma in the gay community about HIV, not to mention the vast amounts of misinformation out there. And it's not like I could even blame a guy for not wanting to date me. A year or two ago, I probably would've turned down a great guy if I knew he had HIV.

I want so badly for someone to love me, and I feel like the choices I've made have now made that nearly impossible.
:(
Well I love you at least.

Oh god this page.

Fasting is the worst way to lose weight. Cutting out food altogether will put you in cravings mode. Just eat some small healthy meals man. And drink milk, it grabs on to fat in your stomach so you poop it out! Themoreyouknow.

Proactive TL;DR: Guy has a bad girlfriend. Proceeds to write book about it.

Hang on I'm gonna go make tea, prepare myself mentally and come back :|

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Oh god this page.

Fasting is the worst way to lose weight. Cutting out food altogether will put you in cravings mode. Just eat some small healthy meals man. And drink milk, it grabs on to fat in your stomach so you poop it out! Themoreyouknow.|

Now that I've found milk I can drink without getting sick, I've been having quite a bit each day. Not because of this though, but because I read that milk fats are good brain food. Also because it's delicious, I have a bad craving for milk.

J. Bravo

did you guys know there is a diet called GOMAD where you drink a gallon of milk a day, because it makes you gain weight. lol.

also fasting is great if done right, aka intermittently. fast 16 hours, eat shit ton for 8 hours, repeat.

Symphonia

Banned
Back when the first skylanders game released I went to Target to find a particular figure, there was this bratty ass kid there who was making a scene and giving his mom hell because he wanted the last of one of the Target exclusive ones but she kept telling him know.

I wanted to punch the shit out of this little brat because of how disrecpectful he was but instead I waited for him to get in view of me at the registers and I bought the figure that he wanted, and then gave him the finger as I walked by him with it....problem is this has now become a habit for me.

I troll local stores hoping to encounter a similiar scenario so I can get the same feeling of vengeful satisfaction on these brats that think the world owes them something just because they exist and give their parents hell when they don't get what they want...
So you mentally torment children to get your kicks?

God help you if you ever become a parent yourself.

jimbor

Banned
Oh god this page.

Fasting is the worst way to lose weight. Cutting out food altogether will put you in cravings mode. Just eat some small healthy meals man. And drink milk, it grabs on to fat in your stomach so you poop it out! Themoreyouknow.

So much wrong in such a short post.

I think the super fucking long confessions should have to be extra juicy to get posted. No-one's gonna read that one about the bad girlfriend.

I don't disagree that fasting for two weeks is a bad idea but your statement of 'Fasting is the worst way to lose weight' is bollocks.

Right, well seeing as that was what the post I was responding to was talking about maybe perhaps that might have also been slightly what I was saying too.

grumble

Guy with bad girlfriend has thankfully cut the cord. Terrible relationship and she sounds like an awful person.

Milk does not grab fat in your stomach; what it does in your stomach is gel or curdle so that you have a steady feed of protein to your system. This is not linked to fat not being absorbed, which would be at odds with its purpose as a sole source of nutrients and energy to baby animals. It's good nutritious food but definitely not a weight loss food. As someone obsessed with nutrition science I could elaborate!

Milk fat isn't really brain food, as those are associated with omega 3s which milk doesn't have much if any of. It's mostly saturated fat, important for hormones but not really brain food.

I love milk as drink it all the time but just wanted to clear that up!

akira28

I lost it at "I wish I was impregnated by you so I could abort your fetus and make you cry." I would just have to stop the car, pull over, get out, sit on the hood and start laughing.

It's like he was dating TrollGAF.

ronito

aI'm a guy in my late teens and I can't cum. Well, not willingly. I can never really masturbate because

there's no payoff. One time I was hard for an hour and masturbated the entire time. But nope. I can't cum.

My girlfriend and I haven't fucked yet but she's kind of appreciative hahaha because I'll be able to go for

a while.

I have no issues having an erection. I generally last a while, and get four or five a day. But I just can't

cum. I've had wet dreams of course, every three or four weeks, but that's it. I've tried for over an hour,

rubbing my dick as much as I can, but nothing happened. When I have wet dreams I feel this incredible sense

of relief and a feeling almost like peeing. Then I realize that my dick is covered in cum.

How long does it usually take to cum? I've tried at least six times, but it never works. I'm a little freaked

out about this. Do I have a medical issue? I'm too embarassed to talk to my doctor about it.

When I cum in my sleep it's like a tablespoon full, which I guess is normal? It's a little bit more clear

than what I see in porn but about as thick as glue and almost as sticky.
While I wouldn't say it's "normal" to have so many issues coming/cumming/orgasming whatever Fiction wants to call it today it's also not "abnormal" either. You're focusing on the destination not the journey. Take your time, find your way around yourself. Simply trying six times isn't. While men have a MUCH easier time of coming/cumming/orgasming/wahasdsding keep in mind some women take years to find what works for them. You might just be like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom