• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'28 Weeks Later,' aka PS4 launch at retail stores - [warning: gifs]

TTSupra

Banned
I would just go hide one in store so it fucked there inventory check all day long and people would come in non stop asking if they had it in stock while holding the phone and showing them its in stock online.

GQman2121

Banned
How stupid are the people who manage these stores? Are the stores not liable if someone trips, falls and really hurts themselves?

Here in the US, we had barricades and uniformed police patrolling the parking lots in front of Best Buy's and Targets last night.

Replicant

xe8cd.gif

That first snag was fucking CLEAN.

#DEAD @ the first red-shirt employee running out of the way. "There's no way I will get red-shirted", he probably thought.

Blame the human beings for acting like this. Some of the blame also falls on the store owners. You know how much stock you have. The doors are closed before the sales start. Introduce a ticketing system. Have lines. Avoid all of this chaos.

How stupid are the people who manage these stores? Are the stroes not liable if someone trips, falls and really hurts themselves?

Here in the US, we had barricades and uniformed police patrolling the parking lots in front of Best Buy's and Targets last night.

Guns.

This is nuts.
I don't remember this shit with PS3.

I don't remember camera phones being nearly as common back then either. this is why I ordered on Amazon. it meant I got my system 16 hours after midnight, but hey, guess what I had a good nights sleep and a fun day. went out for crepes with my wife in the morning and spent the afternoon playing Burnout 3 with a friend of mine as we waited for the truck to show up.

I didn't have to fight off hordes of crazy people.

Nah, I was watching the full version with the old guy in the green coat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm5rvPACDEo

Ahh :)

Well there were many older people in the first 2-3 rows in front of the gate wanting to get consoles for their children (christmas). Most of them gave up as soon as they opened.

Seeing myself in this video, I'm lucky getting out there almost not hurt and with a PS4.

I'm up for 25 hours already so see you guys tomorrow :)

Limit

Given this setup what is stopping the kids who didn't get a PS4 snatching one away from those who got one? I'm guessing at least one or two must have even tried doing so.

So this is a universal human problem, since they are acting exactly like the Black Friday shoppers in the US.

I got my PS4 from Amazon. I'm content.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
animation1aoputl.gif

First guy who got there is an asshole, doesnt even grab a console just starts pushing people and consoles. Looks like he got crushed as well so lol at him.

I could not stop trying to follow him with my eyes. It's like he got there first, but panicked lol.

I'm convinced he died.

Top Bottom