• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX - quantum break trailer

I like that there's 2 playable characters, and 3 different characters with psychic powers.

Hopefully the Gameplay is a lot like Mass Effect 3.

My hype level for this game is still at 0. I'm just a bit concerned that they seem so afraid of showing how the game actually plays for more than 2 seconds. I do not care for cut scenes. They don't impress me. I only care how a game looks when you're playing it, and they've barely showed that at all.

I guess the game is still a long ways out. We'll eventually see it. Until then.... meh.

My thoughts exactly. Still don't know what this game is.

qb14_by_raziel1992-d6x4lu5.gif

NeoROCK

Too much talking in that video.

Gameplay shown was disappointing. Make me buy an Xbox One, Microsoft. Titanfall might be fun but it barely looks next gen so I'll just get it on 360.

GavinUK86

Good job with the gifs Wishmaster92. Those are the only moments we all want to see anyway. Looks good as far as I can see. Only reason to buy an Xbox One as far as i'm concerned.

Raist

Banned
How the fuck did they even hype this as a gameplay reveal.
And I wonder how MS feels about them spending half their segment to talk about their iOS game.

Why is Geoff hyping this every chance he gets when hes on camera. Seriously lol.

I was expecting something new, turns out its just another third person shooter. WITH TIME MECHANICS!@!!!@!

WOAH!~!

They need to show a lot more, I still don't really get how the game actually is ? How do the powers work, what's the shooting like, etc. for a game coming out in less than a year I would have hoped to know more. Still, I have faith in Remedy and what little they showed looked great

Cabal

This has me interested but they keep showing the same footage. How far off is this game? I feel like this won't be out in 2014. Have they said anything about a release window? I'm all for trailers but they need to quit showing the same shit. This was a lot of that e3 footage edited together with only a few new scenes.

UrbanRats

So far it looks like a really good looking, by the numbers cover shooter.
I wish they would show something more specific.

This has me interested but they keep showing the same footage. How far off is this game? I feel like this won't be out in 2014. Have they said anything about a release window? I'm all for trailers but they need to quit showing the same shit. This was a lot of that e3 footage edited together with only a few new scenes.

Agreed

kurbaan

Banned
Looks like a cool shooter with the time mechanics. But the real time episodes or whatever they have seems really lame. It will be cringe worthy.

We are talking about a developer with an outstanding track record.

Outstanding is the wrong word as it is someone like Rockstar who consistently score above 90 on metacritic. Not saying Remedy makes bad games but they have a record which is similar to most of the popular developers who don't make ground making games. their most popular and highest rated game yet is still their first. Max Payne

http://www.metacritic.com/company/remedy-entertainment

sflufan

Banned
This was BY FAR the most disappointing reveal of this entire terrible event for me.

There was practically nothing -- NOTHING -- that hasn't been shown before and what was new looked like every other bloody third person cover-based shooter out there.

I don't know what the hell Remedy is thinking, but I'm absolutely not impressed at this point.

I mean, time manipulation mechanics are nothing new for this industry whatsoever. Hell, even the severely under-rated "Singularity" from Raven had them.

shandy706

There is a DISTINCT difference in lighting in the part where he flips over the railing vs when he is running or walking. you can tell which portion is realtime and which is gameplay on the lighting alone

This post doesn't even make sense.

It's three completely different scenes, of course they're lit differently.

I continue looking forward to it because Remedy. But this was kind of an arsey showing, since they're not showing what they're talking about. A guy sitting behind things and then guns and set pieces happening isn't too enticing.

So it's like Gears + Timeshift? How fresh. I can see why you guys are declaring it goty already.

What most people don't know is that, originality doesn't mean good game.

Naughty Dog has a fantastic record, yet all of it's games are unoriginal in every aspect. While there's a lot of original Indie games that are pure shit.

Looks decent I guess. Hard to tell from that shitty vid, but IQ and textures during gameplay don't seem to be on par with the cutscene they showed at E3. Expected though.

There's a noticeable different between the few gameplay sections and the cinema sections. This seems to be a bit of a trend in the large scale first party MS games. They've been pumping out great looking cinemas and then the gameplay falls short. It's the case for Forza and Ryse both (even though it still looks great in gameplay just not like the cutscenes) and now apparently this. I find it disheartening and it makes me very cautious about my level of excitement. I am finding myself with an overly skeptical view of uncoming MS games rather than excited and wanting to purchase the console to play them.

It absolutely kills me that this is just on XB1. I hope it comes to PC, cause I'm getting a new PC anyway and don't wanna buy an XBox for one game... again.

I bought the 360 just for Alan Wake. Didn't regret it, but I can't justify dropping 500 for this one. I'll have to wait till a slim revision and massive price drop if there's no PC version.

Zach

After seeing and hearing Remedy describing this game all i can think of is Psi-Ops. Time will tell.

Psi-Ops_-_The_Mindgate_Conspiracy_Coverart.png

It doesn't seem interesting to me, but if it turns out to be like a spiritual successor to Psi-Ops I might have to consider an Xbox One.*

*A few years from now.

maltrain

This is a game I REALLY WANT.

Next year, if I buy a Xbox One when arrives to Chile, will be for this game.

Titanfall? Naa...

Sunset Overdrive? Naa...

Project Spark? Pretty cool idea, maybe too complicated to me...

D4? Yeah, look pretty nice too.

But this is the game that could sell me the console if it's as good as it looks.

Very hyped for the game, looks fantastic visually. Can't wait to see more gameplay for it (hopefully, some time soon). Loved Alan Wake and Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

Visually looks quite impressive, but the real interesting part is what it will play like. The tease of the time based powers already have me quite excited. I did expect to see much more than this, however, but I suppose it makes sense to save that for when the game is in a more complete state.

There's a noticeable different between the few gameplay sections and the cinema sections. This seems to be a bit of a trend in the large scale first party MS games. They've been pumping out great looking cinemas and then the gameplay falls short. It's the case for Forza and Ryse both (even though it still looks great in gameplay just not like the cutscenes) and now apparently this. I find it disheartening and it makes me very cautious about my level of excitement. I am finding myself with an overly skeptical view of uncoming MS games rather than excited and wanting to purchase the console to play them.

People are seriously trying too hard. This will be true of any large scale release this gen that also has cutscenes. Do people seriously believe that cutscenes won't be on another level from gameplay stuff even in PS4 games? Common sense suggests they must be. And I'm amazed you're criticizing Ryse graphically like it's some kind of disappointment visually... You say it looks great during gameplay, but at the same time you're saying the outcome during gameplay is disheartening with respect to the cutscenes, and this game is one more example of what you're disheartened by. What exactly are you attempting to build a case for? The "large scale first party MS games" line is already a hint, I think. I perhaps understand throwing some criticism at Forza, but the Ryse complaints make very little sense based on how good that game looks during real gameplay. Falls short isn't the word I would ever use to describe it. Sounds like your expectations are far from realistic, or at the very least are confusing what more cinematic camera angles contribute to the 'look' of a game. Take, for example, the executions in Ryse, and the facial animations and such during those moments. There's numerous times when that stuff rivals anything in the cutscenes, and it's largely due to the fact that the models and fidelity are the exact same as the cutscenes. So, yea, your Ryse comments are way off. Personally, I think there's a different motivation for some of your comments.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
There is a DISTINCT difference in lighting in the part where he flips over the railing vs when he is running or walking. you can tell which portion is realtime and which is gameplay on the lighting alone

They're both gameplay.

In Remedy we trust!

Liked the quick peak but I want to see a short playthrough, that is where we will be able to really see how this game really plays. Though I don't want to spoil myself.

Top Bottom