• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really think that Nintendo is going to be very aggressive with their Wii U and 3DS brands this year. Ever since we entered new fiscal year, I think that's when Nintendo is going to adapted their business plan and trying to do something different.

We have seen them shelling out quite good amount of informations weekly based on the games, like couple of games last week, Mario Kart this week and Smash Direct next week. Also we still have bimonthly Direct this month but we don't know when we will get it.

I'm pleased how they are handling the press news with Mario Kart 8, and I really hope that I would be pleased with Smash 4 next week. I really hope that this year is when Nintendo would shine with their efforts. I really do.

Ryce

In case anyone's wondering, this Direct will probably be about 20 minutes long.

Tomodachi Collection Direct - 24:42
Pikmin 3 Direct - 20:54
The Wonderful 101 Direct - 20:45
Pokémon X/Y Direct - 19:25
Wii Fit U Direct - 20:30

tpEwUxc.jpg

nd4j8PR.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Thought so. I already predicted that it would be between 15 to 25 minutes.

J-Tier

20 mins...that'll mean there'll likely be a lot of material. Hopefully game mechanics and modes will be revealed too.

Not

Banned

If that. What is there to reveal besides a new character and (maybe) a few veterans?

If that. What is there to reveal besides a new character and (maybe) a few veterans?

He'll probably go in to moves and such. The Smash Developer Direct last year even went over what influenced him for certain moves (i.e. "This uppercut is taken from Marvel vs. Capcom")

Ryce

Gameplay clips showing off already confirmed characters/stages/items, showing off game modes for the first time, talking about music, cross-platform features -- there's an unlimited amount of content to discuss and reveal.

Gameplay clips showing off already confirmed characters/stages/items, showing off game modes for the first time, talking about music, cross-platform features -- there's an unlimited amount of content to discuss and reveal.
^
Exactly. There's a metric shit ton of things they can show off.

First off, I'm pretty jazzed for this game.

Secondly, I hope Sakurai and Iwata tag-team this one like a Tekken fight.

Thirdly, if I had to guess is say they'll discuss the online stuff in the game. Hopefully it will actually work this time.

Ryce

I didn't see it mentioned, but Sakurai Tweeted about the Direct yesterday, and he said that he intentionally announced it early because he wanted to give people time to prepare. He must have something big planned.

The fact that a dedicated direct is happening 2 months before E3, I'm guessing that along with a few veterans one or two newcomers, that they're going to announce some pretty big mechanics or feature(s).

I didn't see it mentioned, but Sakurai Tweeted about the Direct yesterday, and he said that he intentionally announced it early because he wanted to give people time to prepare. He must have something big planned.
GAF is going to be broken for days.

Anth0ny

monday and tuesday are going to be the most boring updates ever lol

probably going to go to bed early, maybe fix my sleep schedule

i won't

Sadist

Finally, the announcement of Chibi-Robo is at hand.

The fact that a dedicated direct is happening 2 months before E3, I'm guessing that along with a few veterans one or two newcomers, that they're going to announce some pretty big mechanics or feature(s).
Yeah, and as I said in the other thread, I really don't think we know a lot about these games when you consider them in comparison to the old games. There could be massive changes in certain regards, or big new things. I'm excited!

Oh wow, did he really say this? Also is there going to be a youtube stream on this, so I can actually watch it instead of being forced to interact with Nintendo's streaming quality?

Azure J

monday and tuesday are going to be the most boring updates ever lol

probably going to go to bed early, maybe fix my sleep schedule

i won't

I can't believe that a classic Dojo veteran still remembers a time before falling asleep at 4AM for obligations that start at 8AM. :lol

atr0cious

So is there a chance Zelda isn't attached to Shiek this time? Zelda has always been my favorite, but I hate the waste of no down+b, hoping he fixes that.

XenodudeX

I really hope they give us a release date. I won't even care if it's a holiday title, just fucking give me a date.

udivision

So is there a chance Zelda isn't attached to Shiek this time? Zelda has always been my favorite, but I hate the waste of no down+b, hoping he fixes that.

It'd be cool if they increased the move pools of characters by giving them A+B attacks, even if it was just 1 new attack regardless of direction...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hope we get to hear some of the game's music, really looking forward to how it's gonna be handled this time around...personally I hope they trim things down a bit from Brawl and go for quality over quantity, I'd be satisfied with two songs per level like most of Melee. Dividing that up between the Wii U and 3DS stages that's plenty of music represented.

Ryce

It'd be cool if they increased the move pools of characters by giving them A+B attacks, even if it was just 1 new attack regardless of direction...
I think A+B should trigger Final Smashes. It seems arbitrary that you can't use your neutral special while in the Final Smash standby state even though the other three specials are still available.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

oh man

I hope we get to hear some of the game's music, really looking forward to how it's gonna be handled this time around...personally I hope they trim things down a bit from Brawl and go for quality over quantity, I'd be satisfied with two songs per level like most of Melee. Dividing that up between the Wii U and 3DS stages that's plenty of music represented.

Yeah, Brawl's soundtrack was baller. Needs me some more of that.

Azure J

I just realized that all the music we've heard from SSB4 thus far could actually be placeholder stuff. That's nuts. :lol

Edit: I really hope the Megaman mix used in his trailer is in game though. That theme is legitimately the most hype version of both the MM2 title screen and Wily Castle I've ever heard.

Sadist

I just realized that all the music we've heard from SSB4 thus far could actually be placeholder stuff. That's nuts. :lol

Edit: I really hope the Megaman mix used in his trailer is in game though. That theme is legitimately the most hype version of both the MM2 title screen and Wily Castle I've ever heard.
Totally agree. Music made Mega Man's reveal even more epic.

One of the things that made Brawl worth it is the fantastic soundtrack. Main theme prepares you for battle.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

That's good enough to revving the hype engines.

wrowa

Think we'll get a release date or even window?

I'm sure we'll get a release window at least. It seems that Nintendo wants to start pumping up the marketing for Smash Bros. and you normally do that when you've also some kind lf date to announce.

Maybe it'll even get an actual name, that would be awesome. SSB for Wii U / 3DS is so, so terrible.

I'm sure we'll get a release window at least. It seems that Nintendo wants to start pumping up the marketing for Smash Bros. and you normally do that when you've also some kind lf date to announce.

Maybe it'll even get an actual name, that would be awesome. SSB for Wii U / 3DS is so, so terrible.

I sure do hope you're right. I'd love a new title for these suckers

BY2K

Membero Americo

ibiUzkPsGTSRjY.gif

maxcriden

I thought those were the official, confirmed titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom