• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Well, I'm sure it's already been said, but if they're about to show new and/or veteran characters, this certainly makes up for no reveals in March.

You know thinking about it
They had Mario Golf World Tour previews last week
This Week was Mario Kart 8
Next week we have Smash Bros.
I wonder what's after that

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
t31LL6K.gif

how have I not seen this before

THE HYPE IS TOO REAL I'LL NEVER LAST TILL TUESDAY

RGVNOE

I'm gonna lose it if Snake's revealed along with "kept you waiting huh?"

I think there would have to be business between Nintendo and Konami for this to happen, and they don't want to do anything for Nintendo. Makes no sense for Nintendo to put him in and give free advertisement to the Metal Gear series and Konami while they aren't bringing any games over.

Ryce

I think there would have to be business between Nintendo and Konami for this to happen, and they don't want to do anything for Nintendo. Makes no sense for Nintendo to put him in and give free advertisement to the Metal Gear series and Konami while they aren't bringing any games over.
Those concerns applied to Snake in Brawl, too. It doesn't matter.

SmithnCo

Whaddya mean, Konami brings plenty of
LovePlus
games to 3DS.

RGVNOE

Those concerns applied to Snake in Brawl, too. It doesn't matter.

Konami had quite a few games that came to the Wii, while they have nothing for the Wii U. They had a good business between them now they have none.

Whaddya mean, Konami brings plenty of
LovePlus
games to 3DS.

haha yea i guess they do still have some stuff on Nintendo consoles

Ryce

Konami had quite a few games that came to the Wii, while they have nothing for the Wii U. They had a good business between them now they have none.
Snake Eater 3D was released a month before Sakurai planned this game's roster. And Snake's inclusion in Brawl had nothing to do with whatever Wii games Konami had in development.

Darryl

Banned
Am I the only one kinda having trouble getting hyped for this direct? They announced it too early.

yea it's too far away to get excited. i also have a hard time getting hyped for smash bros stuff in general. it seems like a game that is never really going to come out. it's just gonna dangle right there in front of us indefinitely. i'll believe this direct exists when i see it. until then, i'm not buying your lies nintendo

RGVNOE

Putting Snake in Smash isn't really rewarding them for the content they put on Nintendo consoles.

looks like we will just be going back and forth about this, so let's just end it here, we'll see what they announce, but I highly doubt Snake will be back.

Isn't this a bit early for a dedicated Direct if it's out in November or December ?. What are the chances they get it out the door in late July to keep momentum after MK8 and then follow up with Bayonetta 2 in late August and X in late October. That would leave December free for whatever they reveal at E3 (I'm guessing Animal Crossing U).

yea it's too far away to get excited. i also have a hard time getting hyped for smash bros stuff in general. it seems like a game that is never really going to come out. it's just gonna dangle right there in front of us indefinitely. i'll believe this direct exists when i see it. until then, i'm not buying your lies Nintendo

I'm not sure if the last bit of this is sarcasm or not, but I feel the same way. I was really hyped for Brawl and I practically feel nothing for Smash 4, maybe it was the way they announced it, or maybe just series fatigue on my part, or maybe even the fact that I was 11 when brawl was announced and 19 when smash 4 was announced this lack of hype could just be a by-product of getting older. I'll still watch the direct though, just really not all that hyped for Smash.

I hope they also announce this:

wiiuclassic2.png

Wishful thinking tho.
All they need to do is announce one of those that is wired. Then my hype will enter FULL BLAST MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE.

Seriously, though, my biggest concern about Smash 4 is the wired controller issue - a tournament following will be nearly impossible without some kind of wired controller option due to interference issues.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
GAF, I'm working all night Tuesday when it airs, won't be able to watch it till 7 HOURS after it airs. :(

I hope the Nintendo Direct site doesn't have any new character reveals displayed at the bottom after it airs, because I wanna pretend as if I'm watching it live and not be spoiled.

Really hoping for some information about the online mode. I would love to see custom lobbies (private/public), voice chat support, and proper invites (Can't forget the pain in the ass process to use your status message to "invite" people!). I really want to team up with my friend (on the same system or online) and kick some ass in random Team Battle matches!

Also, I'd like for them to announce Zero Suit Samus (my main in Brawl/P:M) and Wonder Red. I'd be okay if Bayonetta replaces ZSS tho. <3

GAF, I'm working all night Tuesday when it airs, won't be able to watch it till 7 HOURS after it airs. :(

I hope the Nintendo Direct site doesn't have any new character reveals displayed at the bottom after it airs, because I wanna pretend as if I'm watching it live and not be spoiled.

Go sit on the toilet and watch it on your phone :D

Shun

I hope they also announce this:

wiiuclassic2.png

Wishful thinking tho.

It wouldn't be the same considering the fact that they'd have to change the dimensions to fit in a PCB, rumble, bluetooth chip, and a 3DS battery and everything else to make it recognized as a "Pro Controller"

The way the Gamecube is made would not fit the things required in a wireless controller and if there were to make one it'd be slightly bigger/different more to the design of the Wavebird controller. Even then the controller won't feel the same at all.

Not just that but the blue buttons clash with the overall button design and the fact that the Wii U Pro Controller has superior face buttons in terms of responsiveness and feel. GC buttons that stick and fail faster? No thanks.

We already know why they won't want to make a wired controller and honestly the Pro Controller is superior in many aspects. Try using it to play Melee/Project M over 60fps Dolphin and/or Devolution. The build might not be as sturdy but it's one hell of a better controller in terms of accessibility, buttons, and sticks.

People will get over it and adapt eventually. The GC Controller was good, but it's time to move on.

J@hranimo

Banned
Personally I'm willing to make the big change and try the Wii U Pro Controller with Smash 4. Even though the GC controller will probably become the "fight stick" of Smash, I want to try something new.

Tomohawk

It wouldn't be the same considering the fact that they'd have to change the dimensions to fit in a PCB, rumble, bluetooth chip, and a 3DS battery and everything else to make it recognized as a "Pro Controller"

The way the Gamecube is made would not fit the things required in a wireless controller and if there were to make one it'd be slightly bigger/different more to the design of the Wavebird controller. Even then the controller won't feel the same at all.

Not just that but the blue buttons clash with the overall button design and the fact that the Wii U Pro Controller has superior face buttons in terms of responsiveness and feel. GC buttons that stick and fail faster? No thanks.

We already know why they won't want to make a wired controller and honestly the Pro Controller is superior in many aspects. Try using it to play Melee/Project M over 60fps Dolphin and/or Devolution. The build might not be as sturdy but it's one hell of a better controller in terms of accessibility, buttons, and sticks.

People will get over it and adapt eventually. The GC Controller was good, but it's time to move on.
ive used both controllers one after the other at a friends house the other day and though the pro controller is good it doesnt mold into your hand the way a gamecubes does, also superior triggers with the only down side being the sticks which can easily be remedied. Also im pretty sure they could fit the innards of a pro controller inside a game cubes. Though they most likely wont make a gamecube controller for wii u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom