• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google/YouTube buyout of Twitch now complete (VentureBeat Sources)

Maybe i'm overestimating the popularity of Twitch, but how are they half the value of Oculus, who still have all to demonstrate?

Well it did make commenting and using YouTube in general more obnoxious.

The bigger question is how in the world is Oculus worth $2 billion?

Brakara

The rest of that feature is totally fine. Another case of the internet totally overreacting to something I guess.

No, it wasn't "totally fine." Throughout the whole video they were telling us that only teenagers watched and streamed on twitch, which is just flat out wrong.

aeolist

Banned
The original YT owners were glad Google bought YT, because it was a sinking financial ship.

people get mad when online services are "ruined" while totally ignoring the fact that they were set up to be unsustainable in the first place. a startup making an internet honeypot to collect user data and then selling out to a big corporation that then has to make the business work financially is pretty much the only model these days. it's inevitable.

Ambient80

No, it wasn't "totally fine." Throughout the whole video they were telling us that only teenagers watched and streamed on twitch, which is just flat out wrong.

Wrong, perhaps, but is it really worth getting so worked up over (not implying you, but certainly others)? People are acting like he threw out racist/sexist comments the entire time. Also, I imagine a lot of Twitch IS viewed by teenagers, perhaps even a majority.

Valkrai

He asked the exact same question every non-gamer I've told about Twitch asks.

He seemed to be condescending by the way he said it. While yes, you can watch some people just play games it's more than just that. Variety casts, speedruns, and esports are the main content being shown but are very different from each other.

Norns

He seemed to be condescending by the way he said it. While yes, you can watch some people just play games it's more than just that. Variety casts, speedruns, and esports are the main content being shown but are very different from each other.
It's like none of you have ever watched a feature like this before.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
ITT: People over reacting to Google buying a company, thinking it'll be turned into complete shit because apparently, YouTube has become progressively worse over the years and not better.

ITT part 2: Gamers likes to complain about absolutely everything.

Top Bottom