• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush Remastered |OT| Kat's out of the Vita

Is there a way to get free JPSN avatars onto non-Japanese accounts? I ask because Sony Japan just released three free Kat avatars for the PS4

20160209-gravitydaze-ygpdd.jpg

New issues of Famitsu have a code for a Raven avatars set

20160209-gravitydaze-8vrki.jpg

And new issues of Dengeki Playstation have a code for a Yunica set (I wish these were free)

20160209-gravitydaze-13q65.jpg

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/2366/20160209-gravitydaze.html

Isotope

Is there a way to get free JPSN avatars onto non-Japanese accounts? I ask because Sony Japan just released three free Kat avatars for the PS4

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, no; Avatars are tied to the PSN account that downloaded them, and you can't share them between regions and such. Really is a shame.

DKHF

20160209-gravitydaze-ygpdd.jpg

New issues of Famitsu have a code for a Raven avatars set

20160209-gravitydaze-8vrki.jpg

And new issues of Dengeki Playstation have a code for a Yunica set (I wish these were free)

20160209-gravitydaze-13q65.jpg

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/2366/20160209-gravitydaze.html
They also seem to be doing a giveaway for these nice Gravity Daze PS4's

PaulloDEC

Any fans of promo/concept art around here?

I had some time tonight, so I've screencapped and collaged-together a bunch of pieces from the GR:R gallery into high-res PNGs.

More to come a little later.

Ferr986

I had some time tonight, so I've screencapped and collaged-together a bunch of pieces from the GR:R gallery into high-res PNGs.

Those look cool! Good job!

Weird that they put these avatars now. Japanese version got released a couple of months ago. Would probably pick one but not sure if they'll een appear on the eu store...

Ogawa-san

I just tried. Looks like ever since they brought avatars to PS4, they changed it from a downloadable thing to just being tied to an account. So it's a no go :(

J-Skee

They also seem to be doing a giveaway for these nice Gravity Daze PS4's

Can they just start selling us these faceplates? I would buy these in a heartbeat. And Yoshinori Ono is always walking around with the SFV faceplates too. I don't need it signed, I just want it.

Elandyll

Banned
Love the game and surprised by how much content there is, as I expected the game to be over by now (I guess the PS4 version contains Dlc? The Fire fighting mission as Sea Cat was probably one, it ended up giving me some difficulty last night).

Funny thing is my kids don't like it when I collect gems, they prefer when I fight "bad guys and monsters". So I taught a rule to my 7yr old, which he now happily repeats to our 4yr old when he complains about my runs:

It's Always Time for Gem Time!

;)

Dominator

I just watched GR2 trailer/gameplay for the first time since the reveal and after beating this remaster, and holy cow the hype is through the damn roof!

DKHF

I made the backgrounds transparent on these Gravity Rush 2 character portraits. They were originally JPEGs but not too lossy and very high res.
I'm probably wrong and it's just a similar drawing but isn't that Kat drawing from GR1 in the menus (or at least the remaster)?

But nice work, love all that artwork.

DKHF

This is out today, right?

How much better is it on PS4 in comparison to Vita?
It came out a week ago (it was moved up one week).

The general consensus is that it's significantly better than the Vita version in every aspect (mainly controls and visuals).

Coda

Raven's my girl, I really hope they dive more into her story in GR2 and that's she's playable after you complete the game or something to that effect.

Shin-Ra

Those look cool! Good job!

Weird that they put these avatars now. Japanese version got released a couple of months ago. Would probably pick one but not sure if they'll een appear on the eu store...
I tweeted @YasuhiroKitao about getting some Gravity Rush 2 avatars on SCEE/SCEA PSN and he ❤️'d it so theresachance!

This game really needs a photo mode. Hopefully for the sequel.

This is really odd to me.

Bluepoint are known for their first class ports where they make past-gen games really shine, but they put almost no effort into Photomode.
The Uncharted Remasters have a useless photomode, because you're given extremely limited camera controls.
Here, they don't even bother with a photomode!

What's the deal?

Nice, thanks for the wallpaper! The Hekseville architecture is so damn cool.

I must say I'm enjoying the challenges much more this time around. My actual story progression is pretty slow so far, as aside from not having much time, I'm having too much fun on the challenges.

PaulloDEC

I love jumping off the ledges in the city and free falling into a sweet horizontal gravity swoop.

My favourite thing to do in Gravity Rush is stand around innocently for a while, and then suddenly run full-tilt at a fence and hurl myself over it into the abyss. I've always felt it's sorta like Kat's version of the classic superhero take-off.

I've always found the black and red design of characters stupid, but Raven's bright blue eyes seal it together, particularly in that GR2 art. I love her looks almost as much as Kat.

I didn't remember this game having an impressive amount of consistently nice looking character art. Everyone gets a nice looking portrait from Kat to random grandma.

cafemomo

Anyone else having problems getting that pitching trophy?

I shot 10 nevis point blank/never got hit but never got the trophy

My favourite thing to do in Gravity Rush is stand around innocently for a while, and then suddenly run full-tilt at a fence and hurl myself over it into the abyss. I've always felt it's sorta like Kat's version of the classic superhero take-off.

In Gravity Rush 2 you will be able to fly straight out from a run in one motion.

Also, you know what goes unsung in this game? Kat's inner dialogue. It adds so much to her character and is often what I am thinking as well. At is a really great character. Hopefully the anime project turns out well.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I purchased Gravity Rush Remastered and finally played it earlier today but im going to have to sell the game as all the flying around was making me dizzy and lightheaded. Only the third game to ever do that to me. Oh well.

I platinumed this a month ago, but I started it back up upon reading impressions from this thread.

The landing animation where she kind of slides and spins around is so dope

I hope they take everything great about the falling/landing animations and take them even further in GR2 pls

I platinumed this a month ago, but I started it back up upon reading impressions from this thread.

The landing animation where she kind of slides and spins around is so dope

I hope they take everything great about the falling/landing animations and take them even further in GR2 pls
Developers underestimate three things that make a game fun IMO: Music, speed, and animations. Gravity Rush nails all three. I also love the way she throws her arms around when she jumps.

Well, I purchased Gravity Rush Remastered and finally played it earlier today but im going to have to sell the game as all the flying around was making me dizzy and lightheaded. Only the third game to ever do that to me. Oh well.

Ah that's a shame, sucks when that happens too. Recently Sunset Overdrive did that to me with the constant movement and panning around all the time.

Oh man what an incredible game, i preordered it ages ago but Amazon didn't have enough copies to fulfil my order so after a couple of days waiting I just ordered from somewhere else. Never played the Vita version but I really wish I had. What an outstanding game, it feels like its a proper PS4 game too, there's nothing holding it back. I generally hate open world design but I can never get over just flying around this city, its a brillaintly fun game.

Just checked the trophies and 10% of people have a platinum! Thats huge!

Oh man what an incredible game, i preordered it ages ago but Amazon didn't have enough copies to fulfil my order so after a couple of days waiting I just ordered from somewhere else. Never played the Vita version but I really wish I had. What an outstanding game, it feels like its a proper PS4 game too, there's nothing holding it back. I generally hate open world design but I can never get over just flying around this city, its a brillaintly fun game.

Just checked the trophies and 10% of people have a platinum! Thats huge!

This and Infamous Second Son have a perfect setup for trophies and open world design. Give people awesome traversal methods and a nice world to move through (gravity rush particularly has great landmarks to know where you are without needing a minimap), and most trophies and side things can be completed relatively easily and it actually helps pull you through to completing the game. Both could use some more interesting side things, but I quite like the challenges and the optional bosses, and the Travellers have a cool little story as well.

But you can have nearly all the difficult trophy stuff out of the way 2-3 chapters before the game is finished, and at that point all that is stopping you from getting a Platinum is finishing the game. Infamous Second Son was similar in that you could play the game on a lower difficulty the first time through and 100% the side stuff, then all that was needed for a Platinum was beat it on hard as Evil, which is the easier style to play as. Both great examples of a nice extra motivation to see it the game to completion.

I think Gravity Rush 2 could increase the extra stuff by two fold and it still wouldn't be overwhelming, especially seeing it seems the world will be much larger and denser as well. Have I mentioned how hyped I am for GR2? Even the song from the trailer is starting to get stuck in my head of late, and I have only watched it like 4-5 times since it was shown last year.

WarWolf

I don't like the ones that are heavy on killing enemies, especially the ones where you have to throw stuff at them.

I think there's only one like that for the plat and it's not so bad when you upgrade fully. You can grab multiple items to toss.

Top Bottom