• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush Remastered |OT| Kat's out of the Vita

That Fire zone face is sooo hard, im not even close to getting silver much less gold. Not sure how people are doing it.
Make sure you're only doing the non-DLC challenges; unless they've changed it for this version you don't need DLC stuff to platinum.

Oxn

Make sure you're only doing the non-DLC challenges; unless they've changed it for this version you don't need DLC stuff to platinum.

Wait is that one a dlc challenge? How can you tell? Hope it is, cause its a pain in the butt to even just finish the challenge.

High Rise

Neo Member
Jus got my plat, but have the dlc missions to go yet. I never got to try this on vita, but this game is so my cup of tea, I can see why some don't rate it, but I'm having a blast!! Bring on Gravity Rush 2, with the power of the ps4 it's gonna be all kinds of epic!!

Oxn

Jus got my plat, but have the dlc missions to go yet. I never got to try this on vita, but this game is so my cup of tea, I can see why some don't rate it, but I'm having a blast!! Bring on Gravity Rush 2, with the power of the ps4 it's gonna be all kinds of epic!!

I hope they release a limited edition GR2. I want it all.

Wait is that one a dlc challenge? How can you tell? Hope it is, cause its a pain in the butt to even just finish the challenge.

If the challenge takes place in a Rift Zone, it's a DLC one. There's only three.

And yeah, that Fire Zone one can be a pain. I waited and upgraded quite a bit before tackling that one again.

I didn't realise for a while that once you smash through the first load of wood into the tunnel your meant to keep using gravity kick to smash the targets along the way. I started out wasting loads of time floating to each one, but if you gravity kick your way through the section it saves you loads of time as the targets disintegrate! Hope that makes sense, good luck!!

...well dang, that's sound advice. I should've done that. lol

High Rise

Neo Member
That Fire zone face is sooo hard, im not even close to getting silver much less gold. Not sure how people are doing it.

I didn't realise for a while that once you smash through the first load of wood into the tunnel your meant to keep using gravity kick to smash the targets along the way. I started out wasting loads of time floating to each one, but if you gravity kick your way through the section it saves you loads of time as the targets disintegrate! Hope that makes sense, good luck!!

Papacheeks

Banned
Never knew this game would click with me so well. I love everything about it. Especially the comic book way they show kat's emotions, and score is by far some of the best iv heard in a long time.

So ready for gravity rush 2

Elandyll

Banned
Love the game so much it's currently tied for me as GOTY with Homeworld Shipbreakers.

Love pretty much everything about it, even if of course there are things that could be improved, though most seem like holdovers from the Vita and its limitations.

Gotta say though, very impressed that such a game was even doable on a handheld.

Slixshot

Banned
Love the game so much it's currently tied for me as GOTY with Homeworld Shipbreakers.

Love pretty much everything about it, even if of course there are things that could be improved, though most seem like holdovers from the Vita and its limitations.

Gotta say though, very impressed that such a game was even doable on a handheld.

GOTY? It's February!

Love this game tho, so I don't blame you :)

Nameless

Heh, all I say is the Japanese version came out in December and had I gone ahead and imported it Gravity Rush would've fought vigorously for a spot in my Top 4 or 5.

This being a remaster of a handleld game and having a next gen sequel dropping later the same year pretty much assures it won't get much, if any, love during GOTY time, but this is a special little game that has far & away exceeded my expectations.

I have 4 missions left to time for some impressions after my first time playing this game.

I have been really enjoying it. The gameplay is fairly simple but still pretty fun. The biggest challenge of combat simply comes in the form of orienting yourself in hectic Ariel battles. The controls need to be tightened up a bit though. I can't count how many times I will be flying through the air only to nip the edge of a roof, wall or lamp post and suddenly have my gravity shift, killing my entire flow.

Challenges are awesome. Adds a fun segway to the main story. I wish there were more side quests though.

Level design is really nice. I love the various towns and the rift planes are awesome too. The ruins rift plane is GOAT.

The story presentation is fantastic. The mixture of simple dialogue, comic panels and short cinematic clips is done very well. The music is amazing too.

Overall simply a fantastic game and for the low price, a must own. I couldn't be any more hyped for Gravity Rush 2. The thought of it being build for ps4 has me salivating.

This game flows so well once you start upgrading your gravity fall speed. I love it. I haven't read anything about GR2, but I can see how targeting the PS4 can fix the little things that bug me.

Zekes!

This game is super charming, I can see why people love it. Definitely agree about the controls needing to be tightened up. The combat is kind of a weak point for me too, but I just watched the trailer for GR2 and it looks better in that department, so I feel reassured.

The game starts feeling a whole lot cooler when you get a better grasp of the controls and have some decent upgrades under your belt. Tons of fun.

So those playing this on PS4 finally agree moving GR2 to PS4 only was the right move?

Rewatching the Gravity Rush 2 trailer again and the size and density of the world and the improved combat has me so hyped.

Might have already gotten the platinum on the Chinese / English copy of the game, but that didn't stop me from ordering the (better cover edition) NA edition! Should land in Australia towards the end of the month :D

Cap4uvNUMAAn_XA.png

I looked around and didn't see a release date for GR2. Is that still unknown?

Also, in the
fire level where you get your second power up, I found a room with a large enemy that seems optional but also impossible. When I attack him Kat says something like "nothing I do works!" Is this something I come back to later?

Also, in the
fire level where you get your second power up, I found a room with a large enemy that seems optional but also impossible. When I attack him Kat says something like "nothing I do works!" Is this something I come back to later?

It just has a lot of health and does a lot of damage. You can return to it later.

Baalzebup

Also, in the

Each rift plane has a similar hidden super foe and each one is worth a trophy. They are also all immune to Kats super attacks so you can't just lol-spam them to death with a maxed out Gravity Typhoon. You'll have to defeat them without the supers.

Zambatoh

Anyone have impressions on how it plays on Vita through remote play?

I've tried it. It reverts back to the Vita version's controls. Of course now you need a decent connection to the console to keep the stream consistent. But otherwise it's like playing 60FPS version of the game on Vita now.

Grisby

Finished it up. Going to do the challenge stuff and grab some more shots. Amazing port.

Feel like the game was shorter than what I remember on the Vita. I still think the trip (mid to end game spoilers)
down to the bottom
kind of drags, and, as far the story, I feel like the third act isn't completely satisfying.

But damn, they nailed the traversal. I could keep coming back to fly over Hekseville forever.

I took some PS4 screenies of the art extras. Gonna make for some pretty good wallpapers.

Pretty much finished at this point. Just have a few of the challenge trophies left to clean up. Great game, and it wasn't long to the point where it felt like things were dragging on.

So those playing this on PS4 finally agree moving GR2 to PS4 only was the right move?

Rewatching the Gravity Rush 2 trailer again and the size and density of the world and the improved combat has me so hyped.

I never understood why it was made a VIta game in the first place tbh. It screams console experience, would've been another great notch on the PS3's belt, and would've had far more exposure.

But then again, I'm one of those people that feel Sony is wasting money and talented devs on a handlheld so what do I know.

It screams console experience, would've been another great notch on the PS3's belt, and would've had far more exposure.

I'm actually excited to see the sales numbers for this game. I really hope that enough were made for Sony to really dig into advertising GR2 and giving it its best chance.

I'm actually excited to see the sales numbers for this game. I really hope that enough were made for Sony to really dig into advertising GR2 and giving it its best chance.
I think expectations for this remaster should be tempered. The way Sony has handled this remaster shows they were not confident in it doing notably well. I hope it can put up some decent numbers for a remaster though.

I imagine they will push GR2 much harder (relative to how this remaster was handled) by default.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Game really needs a way to fly backwards or "away" to cut down on some of the disorientation, especially during boss fights.

Also, I don't know if L2 ever gets a function (still a little early in the game) but I would love if holding L2 would cause her to align her body in the direction you're travelling. I don't think they should straight-up just let you fly around with full directional control - that would break the game and go against the theme - but I absolutely love the moments when she's perfectly aligned and flying forward... the sensation is really cool. If holding a button caused her to lean into the current direction, it'd give the feeling of control without actually changing the way the game controls. And this way she would still fly around all discombobulated as usual when not holding it, which I think it important to the game, and part of its charm.

As is, I'm tempted to switch X and L2 in the OS, so I can have boost and the camera control at the same time. Might be annoying to jump with L2 though, idk.

Edit: damn I just realized swapping those would break the slide. Bummer.

I think expectations for this remaster should be tempered. The way Sony has handled this remaster shows they were not confident in it doing notably well. I hope it can put up some decent numbers for a remaster though.

I imagine they will push GR2 much harder (relative to how this remaster was handled) by default.

They listened to fans who wanted it physically in North America and while it was only Amazon exclusive, it was number 1 on release, and quite high in the charts prior to release, IIRC.

They listened to fans who wanted it physically in North America and while it was only Amazon exclusive, it was number 1 on release, and quite high in the charts prior to release, IIRC.
Don't get me wrong, I want it to do as well as possible too. I just wouldn't be surprised if sales are leaning more toward being lukewarm. Hopefully we'll get some leaks in NPD next month. This will definitely find more sales on the digital front though.

Evolved1

This boss fight against the
two headed dragon-snake thing
kinda sucks. It regenerates health? :/

First low point in the game.

Zambatoh

This boss fight against the
two headed dragon-snake thing
kinda sucks. It regenerates health? :/

First low point in the game.

It's the only boss in the game in the game that offers a legit challenge. Everything else can be Meteored or spiral clawed to death. Including the final boss.

Evolved1

It's the only boss in the game in the game that offers a legit challenge. Everything else can be Meteored or spiral clawed to death. Including the final boss.
Well I figured out the trick, it's not hard or too annoying now, but they hide the finisher prompt behind it... why. That was mean. I had to fight it down from half health again.

Getting gold on all those challenges is harder than all of the Souls/Borne games combined.

I get gold on a few, some silvers, mostly bronze.

If you're trying them when you come across them they're hard, but going back after I'd finished the game, they were much much easier. And that wasn't simply down to leveling up abilities, it was more just being familiar enough with the moves that I could pull off any of them whenever I wanted with pretty good precision.

I never understood why it was turned made a VIta game in the first place tbh. It screams console experience, would've been another great notch on the PS3's belt, and would've had far more exposure.

But then again, I'm one of those people that feel Sony is wasting money and talented devs on a handlheld so what do I know.
Focusing on handhelds is the right call for the Japanese market, where all consoles (including the PS4) have dismal market share. And personally, Gravity Rush was my system seller way back and the Vita remains my most used handheld. I'm happy with the way things have turned out, though I would have preferred to be able to play GR2 while traveling.

If you're trying them when you come across them they're hard, but going back after I'd finished the game, they were much much easier. And that wasn't simply down to leveling up abilities, it was more just being familiar enough with the moves that I could pull off any of them whenever I wanted with pretty good precision.
Am I the only one that did all of them on first encounter? I really enjoyed the challenge.

Am I the only one that did all of them on first encounter? I really enjoyed the challenge.
I got gold on quite a few, but if I didn't get it after 2-3 tries, I'd just move on to keep the story going.

Funny story, I missed a tutorial on picking up objects with the circle button. I didn't know you could hold it to increase the size of the area/number of objects. So I actually got gold on all those horrible challenges with basically the same size sphere that you start with :(

I got gold on quite a few, but if I didn't get it after 2-3 tries, I'd just move on to keep the story going.

Funny story, I missed a tutorial on picking up objects with the circle button. I didn't know you could hold it to increase the size of the area/number of objects. So I actually got gold on all those horrible challenges with basically the same size sphere that you start with :(

Oh.
I've played this game 3-4 times, platinumed twice, and I had no idea the entire time.

Finished it up. Going to do the challenge stuff and grab some more shots. Amazing port.

Feel like the game was shorter than what I remember on the Vita. I still think the trip (mid to end game spoilers)
down to the bottom
kind of drags, and, as far the story, I feel like the third act isn't completely satisfying.

But damn, they nailed the traversal. I could keep coming back to fly over Hekseville forever.

I took some PS4 screenies of the art extras. Gonna make for some pretty good wallpapers.
I get the sense that a lot from unlocking Plajeune through Vendecentre was cut, and in that case the
bottom
would be more of a breath of fresh air. Like, compared to Auldnoir, the story flies by the other three parts of town, so I think it would've made the change of setting more attractive, especially since
it gets a bit weird with Cyanea.

DKHF

Also, in the

The exact date is still unknown, just a 2016 release window. Hopefully it makes it out this year and comes out in a time period where it won't be too overshadowed. August/September might be good.

Top Bottom