• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzy72

Banned
I'll be surprised if Texas goes blue this year. I say 2024 it'll be a purple state.

QZyxBrW.png

Holmes

Do you need tickets or anything for inauguration, or do you just like, show up? Because I'd love to go to her inauguration! We can stay at the beautiful new Trump hotel :lol
You need tickets to attend on the bleachers up close but that's it. It's free to watch it from the national mall. There are big screen tvs throughout so you can see.

sazzy

Guys, Reince Priebus is suffering :(

For all Mr. Priebus’s public expressions of loyalty, he has been deeply shaken by revelations about Mr. Trump and the rifts within the party, seeing years of Republican organizational work potentially being undone, according to multiple people who described private conversations with Mr. Priebus on the condition of anonymity. He has said he feels adrift, fearing that Mr. Trump is headed for disaster, and told one longtime associate that he was having sleepless nights. Mr. Priebus did not respond to requests for comment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

lol

watershed

Banned
Man, Michelle Obama was amazing. And if Trump is dumb enough to attack her, the counter punch is going to be viscous between Hillary, Barack, and Michelle.

Should I vote for Misty Snow (Dem candidate, trans woman, super progressive) or Bill Barron (friend of mine, single issue climate candidate) for Utah's Senate seat?

Neither candidate has any possibility of winning.

sazzy

You know, I've been wondering if Steve Bannon has a personal, hidden grudge with Donald and is intentionally trying to sink him completely.

samn

Ken Bone is garbage?? What a surprise! /s

http://gizmo.do/apD2hGH

This is probably a bad time for me to mention I also thought the shooting was justified.

A man on top of you beating you in the head could easily kill you, justifying lethal force. A jury has no choice but to let someone in those circumstances walk. The circumstances in which Zimmerman provoked him to do this, or the fact that he's an evil racist shithead, aren't actually relevant.

And the backlash begins.

Personally I thought he was garbage when he said he still hadn't made up his mind after the debate.

Yeah, someone who is still undecided at this point in the face of the Orange Menace is just lollygagging nowt.

I don't know what's worst, lollygagging or siding with Trump.

Squire

Banned
And the backlash begins.

Personally I thought he was garbage when he said he still hadn't made up his mind after the debate.

Same here. This kind of person should never have been put on any sort of pedestal to begin with. He already disgusted me, this just adds to it.

Hezbollah and Russia being closely aligned at this point is just impressive considering their history.

The KGB then apparently kidnaped and killed a relative of an unnamed leader of the Shias' Hezbollah (Party of God) group, a radical, pro-Iranian group that has been suspected of various terrorist activities against Western targets in Lebanon.

Parts of the man's body, the paper said, were then sent to the Hezbollah leader with a warning that he would lose other relatives in a similar fashion if the three remaining Soviet diplomats were not immediately released. They were quickly freed.

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-01-07/news/mn-13892_1_soviets

This is probably a bad time for me to mention I also thought the shooting was justified.

A man on top of you beating you in the head could easily kill you, justifying lethal force. A jury has no choice but to let someone in those circumstances walk. The circumstances in which Zimmerman provoked him to do this, or the fact that he's an evil racist shithead, aren't actually relevant.
Hm. This topic has been done to death and I hesitate even prodding at the stitches of it. Still... You clearly agree with the jury's decision. Can you elaborate on why you think Martin was not justified defending himself from an armed and presumably dangerous stalker but cite the potential to cause fatal injury in the case for Zimmerman? A gun is generally far more lethal than a fist, is it not?

I also note you refer to an African American minor as "a man." You might not be aware of this but you're evoking certain behaviors of the bigoted, who often depict youths of color as older and/or more threatening in an attempt to justify the racism and brutality habitually aimed at minorities.

I'm sure that wasn't your intention, though.

r/politics is all Hillary-friendly now? When did this start? Though perhaps "critical of Trump with a basis in reality" is a more accurate description.

I thought I'd wasted a good 3-4 hours with PSVR to make it through the CNN reruns with the incredibly depressing guests and panels, but it was only 2. Stupid time compression.
And without McMuffin taking Utah.
Can't decide if this would be more or less humiliating than Clinton winning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom