• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

I'm not religious but I wonder if Pence thinks his God is punishing him for running around the country supporting such a vile human being.

Not joking. I bet he's feeling things he's never felt before.

ampere

But...how...this needs to be explained.

White jury who agrees with the militia? idk

I'm not religious but I wonder if Pence thinks his God is punishing him for running around the country supporting such a vile human being.

He tried to jail a woman for having a miscarriage

He is a terrible person and not really any better than Trump. He probably thinks he's doing the right thing

rjinaz

I'll be honest. I'm not a fan of calling your own kid "weird" on Twitter.

It does seem off, but then you figure it's likely a term of endearment used within the house to describe his quirky personality.

Definitely does not come across well on twitter though without context.

Revolver

If anything he's more likely to blame the devil for trying to stop his righteous crusade.

Diablos

White jury who agrees with the militia? idk

He tried to jail a woman for having a miscarriage

He is a terrible person and not really any better than Trump. He probably thinks he's doing the right thing
Well... okay, yeah, good point.
Why did he do that. Seriously.

Emily Maitlis is a BBC news presenter on Newsnight, the most highbrow of the UK TV news programmes.

It is half-term. She has a 12-year-old son. And it would appear that her son has paid attention to Mum's job.

zrLVRRs.png

ornuN1q.png

jxlHY8p.png

I'm worried about those NH numbers.

So first off I said since 2008. Maybe you missed that part.

Didn't miss it, it's just nonsense.

2008 was a record breaking year in terms of turnout. We had one presidential election since then. EVERWHERE had lower margins. You want to establish a trend, you'll need more elections than just the ones you were old enough to remember.

I'm also talking about margin, not number of votes because the total number of votes varies between election cycle. Obama won Pennsylvania by 10.32% in 2008 and won the country by 7.27%, a +3.05% difference. In 2012 he won it by 5.39%, while winning the country as a whole by 3.86%, a +1.53% difference. This year it looks like Hillary is going to win about the same as she does nationally. It's a slight but noticeable decrease.

This is a bizarre comparison to try to make. It ignores demographics.

Pennsylvania is whiter than the country is on average, so in a year where he loses white voters by larger margins than minorities (which is exactly what happened in 2012) that effect is going to be magnified.

Again, you need more than just 2012 to try to make the point you're making.

rjinaz

I used to be religious and yeah, you interpret these things as signs.

But, nothing to stop him from interpreting it as a positive sign from God. Something like, it's been a slippery path but in the end, you'll come out unharmed, maybe even better than before.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Didn't miss it, it's just nonsense.

2008 was a record breaking year in terms of turnout. We had one presidential election since then. EVERWHERE had lower margins. You want to establish a trend, you'll need more elections than just the ones you were old enough to remember.

This is a bizarre comparison to try to make. It ignores demographics.

Pennsylvania is whiter than the country is on average, so in a year where he loses white voters by larger margins than minorities (which is exactly what happened in 2012) that effect is going to be magnified.

Again, you need more than just 2012 to try to make the point you're making.
Well that's insulting. No need to to discuss this further.

Today was the first day of early voting in Maryland and it was crazy in my area! Hard to park! Long line out the door. Totally worth it to vote today though.

She's still ahead lol

and omg at these questions

Similarly, when asked about Hillary Clinton’s plans to increase refugees, 63 percent said they disapproved of what she’s planning to do when asked this question: “Hillary Clinton’s supporters at the Refugee Council want to increase the number of refugees coming into the United States in 2017 even more, to 200,000, and Hillary wants to increase the number of Syrian refugees in that total from 10,000 in 2016 to 65,000 in 2017. Do you approve or disapprove of this increase?” Only 26 percent approved of Hillary Clinton’s refugee plans, while 11 percent were unsure.
On trade policy, a plurality agreed with Donald Trump on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). Respondents were asked: “Do you agree or disagree with Donald Trump, who said that NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement, is the worst trade deal in modern American history, and that TPP, the Trans Pacific Partnership, is almost as bad?” In response, 47 percent said they agreed with Trump and 28 percent disagreed—while 25 percent didn’t know.
“There are reports that the Clinton Foundation started by Bill and Hillary Clinton accepted substantial donations from foreign governments and other individual donors while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State. How likely do you think it is that Bill and Hillary Clinton were selling influence to foreign governments and other individual donors?”

Respondents were asked whether they agree, somewhat or strongly, or disagree, somewhat or strongly, with this statement: “If Hillary Clinton wins, the political elite and special interests win.” In response, 46 percent said they strongly agreed and 11 percent somewhat agreed for a solid majority of 58 percent in total agreeing that if Hillary Clinton wins the election the special interests and political elites win the election. Only 23 percent strongly disagreed and 13 percent somewhat disagreed—for a total of 35 percent in disagreement—while 7 percent didn’t know.
Respondents were also asked whether they agree, somewhat or strongly, or disagree, somewhat or strongly, with this statement: “If Donald Trump wins, the political elite and special interests lose.” In response, 36 percent said they strongly agreed and 15 percent said they somewhat agreed for a total of 51 percent in agreement. Only 25 percent strongly disagreed and 13 percent somewhat disagreed for a total of 39 percent of disagreement, while 10 percent didn’t know.
A vast majority—61 percent—also said they believe this election is their last chance to change direction as a country. Respondents were asked if they agreed or disagreed with this statement: “For years, the political elites have governed America for their own benefit— and to the detriment of the American people. This election is the best chance in our lives to take back our government and change course.” In response, 43 percent said they strongly agreed, 17 percent somewhat agreed, 14 percent somewhat disagreed, 20 percent strongly disagreed and 6 percent didn’t know. That means 61 percent in total agreed, while 33 percent in total disagreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom