• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. I completely can not hold down any of the character's names. I tried but just can't.

Try looking through HBO's Viewers Guide. I watched the first season without having read the books, and I went through the different houses and such after I watched the first episode and it really helped me know who everyone was.

Also, because the "Ham" line was awesome last night:
tumblr_m2xpfte1VY1qe2ha5o2_r1_500.png

Emwitus

If you prefer, there are easier stories to follow but the I would gather most of the appeal to GoT and Song of Ice and Fire in general is the complexity therein. Every person I know who loves the show/books loves them because is a challenge to follow. Once you understand who's who it gets real interesting because there are easter eggs all over and rewatching earlier episodes can/will blow your mind.

You get out of the series what you put in, and the show makes you feel stupid and confused most of the time. Only to eventually paint a clear enough picture to let you realize for a moment whats really going on, to then just introduce like 15 more character story arcs for you to follow
KuGsj.gif

I love the torture, and most honestly .. I love that this film doesn't treat me like an idiot. It challenges me to be sharp and on point. I would say that GoT is to television as the Witcher series is to RPGs in general. If you're not up for the challenge, go watch something more casual. There's plenty of it.

Thanks bud. I get what you mean, i love the story. I just cannot keep track of all the names.

EDIT:
@Steelyuhas
Try looking through HBO's Viewers Guide. I watched the first season without having read the books, and I went through the different houses and such after I watched the first episode and it really helped me know who everyone was.

Also, because the "Ham" line was awesome last night:

Oh wow!! You're awesome. Appreciate it.

Solo

Another excellent episode. Tyrion's blackmail of his cousin was particularly delightful to watch. Played him like a fiddle. I really love the expanding scope of this season and I really feel the increased budget all around. I think the actor playing Stannis has finally won me over, which now makes every new piece of casting this season absolutely great in my eyes. Continue to especially love Melisandre and Davos' portrayals. This episode seemed a bit more mean spirited than normal, what with all the torture and sadism on display.

Ovid

I actually liked the Joffrey scene. Didn't think it was meant to show his cruelty, but to show Joffrey trying to fight back against Tyrion after the many literal and figurative slaps in the face he's taken.
I think it's suppose to be a little of both.

I hate that little shit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This next episode's going to pop a rating after the way they ended this one. It's such an awesome hook.

Regarding the end of season 3, I strongly suspect that the final scene will be (book spoilers for ASOS)
Catelyn's revival

Since that's at the very end of asos I can't see it happening before the end of season 4 since they'll be splitting seasons.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nah, only up to A Storm of Swords

Beric vs Sandor was in ASOS?
Correct, I'm about 500 pages into ASoS and I wasn't spoiled by any of them.

EDIT: Apparently not since I just read a description of where one of the pics takes place and I haven't read that yet.

Subitai

Nah, only up to A Storm of Swords

edit:
Beric vs Sandor was in ASOS and Team Bran Stark

Here's one pic, seems safe since we all know Jaime Lannister is a Kingslayer

BeN2v.jpg
That is pretty epic.

Man my friend has been pushing me to watch this show for months but due to school I didn't. Now that I'm done I was able to watch all the episode in a couple of days. Awesome stuff. But now I'm hungry for more. I don't think I'll be able to wait and only watch 1 episode per week. Might have to buy the books...
For your own enjoyment stay out of this thread until you do buy (and read) the books.

Binabik15

The most incredible thing about the ham line is if the fan theory about Dance that DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU READ DANCE
Jon Snow will be reborn as Azhor Azhai in the food storage chamber under the wall, amidst smoked meat and salt beef
turns out to be rue.

gutshot

Found a site on reddit, quite a lot of amazing Game of Thrones art

Major spoilers

Ha, I put this Flickr gallery together a long time ago. It's funny how often I see it pop up around the web now. I put it together because I love Michael Komarck's art and the company that made that calendar royally effed it up and screwed over so many people that I didn't care about violating their copyright.

But yeah, Michael Komark's ASOIAF art is epic.

suzu

Was looking at the No Books spoilers thread and it reminded me of something. The TV version of Loras just seems like a weak prettyboy, whereas in the books he's a highly capable and skilled knight.

(CoK)
Perhaps they will show more of him during the Battle of the Blackwater.

agrajag

Banned
Was looking at the No Books spoilers thread and it reminded me of something. The TV version of Loras just seems like a weak prettyboy, whereas in the books he's a highly capable and skilled knight.

(CoK)

I think he looks less like a prettyboy this season than the last. Also, they made him look really pathetic and helpless in the joust with Sir Gregor.

(CoK)

Wasn't he a pretty boy in the books? Just a capable one.

suzu

I think he looks less like a prettyboy this season than the last. Also, they made him look really pathetic and helpless in the joust with Sir Gregor.

He did look more pretty before. I like his new hairstyle. Not only the joust, but he got his butt totally whooped by Brienne.

Wasn't he a pretty boy in the books? Just a capable one.

I meant that he just seems like he is only a prettyboy right now. lol. As if he is just another one of Renly's "summer" knights.

Randdalf

Did Hot Pie piss himself when he was nearly picked by the Mountain? Also, I really think they could have cut much of the first half of this episode (e.g. Joffrey and Littlefinger: The Movie) and added some scenes explaining the context of Stannis's sudden arrival.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Did Hot Pie piss himself when he was nearly picked by the Mountain? Also, I really think they could have cut much of the first half of this episode (e.g. Joffrey and Littlefinger: The Movie) and added some scenes explaining the context of Stannis's sudden arrival.

Don't remember any, but did they have any scene prefacing the meet-up in the last ep? Renly meeting Stannis scene was pretty abrupt.

Snake

Charles Dance is amazing, and he even gets the added bonus of having the most badass armor in the show.

Look at this magnificent bastard.

Lannister armor in general is amazing as well. Even minor characters like Polliver look awesome because of it. It's sort of a shame that some of the show's other armor doesn't "pop" quite as much, but I think the only legitimate weak link is the helmets on the Kingsguard (or maybe the Citywatch, I forget).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom