• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicros

My home PC is busy crashing right now ....

I'm gonna be pissed if I need a new computer this evening.

Haven't you been having BSOD issues in the last couple days? Talk about your crappy timing. Hopefully it doesn't get worse, but it's probably not going to get better :(

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Gotta listen to that cheesy dialog at least
once so we can crack jokes about it!

To be fair the small-scale dialogue tends to be utterly fantastic. Like the stuff between your followers or townspeople, etc. Its only stuff related to the main plot itself that seems to be ass.

My theory is that there is a group of relatively competent writers at Blizzard. But Metzen is the creative director. He is blizzard's very own George Lucas. He was good when he had other people around him to bounce ideas off of. But now hes so high up that no one is willing to say no to his bad ideas. Thus we get the plot of SC2, D3, MoP, etc. which still has good writing, just not from the main plot itself.

At least thats how I try and rationalize the quality disparity from their late 90s games compared to now.

To be fair the small-scale dialogue tends to be utterly fantastic. Like the stuff between your followers or townspeople, etc. Its only stuff related to the main plot itself that seems to be ass.

My theory is that there is a group of relatively competent writers at Blizzard. But Metzen is the creative director. He is blizzard's very own George Lucas. He was good when he had other people around him to bounce ideas off of. But now hes so high up that no one is willing to say no to his bad ideas. Thus we get the plot of SC2, D3, MoP, etc. which still has good writing, just not from the main plot itself.

At least thats how I try and rationalize the quality disparity from their late 90s games compared to now.

Nail, meet head. Most likely.

Syf

Banned
Uggghhhh I'm so tempted to just buy the digital version because my CE pre-order hasn't even shipped yet. Get your shit together Amazon.

Edit: ^^ I feel your angst

Haven't you been having BSOD issues in the last couple days? Talk about your crappy timing. Hopefully it doesn't get worse, but it's probably not going to get better :(

I have. Nothing I've tried has made it better. I'm fine if I have to get a new PC, though I would rather not.

And yeah .... Timing ... Why not Thursday or better yet, 3 weeks ago.

Uggghhhh I'm so tempted to just buy the digital version because my CE pre-order hasn't even shipped yet. Get your shit together Amazon.

Edit: ^^ I feel your angst

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've never preordered anything from Amazon before - is this typical? I figure the servers are going to be screwed for a few hours after launch anyway.

Bombless

The worst offender regarding cooldowns is the fucking DH sentry. 6 seconds cooldown between placing them down, doing shit damage, but HEY! you can get skills/items that let you place MORE of them, because waiting 18 seconds to lay down all your sentries is perfectly fine and balanced in a game where you just move around mowing down everything that comes at you.

Teknoman

PSA!!!!

IF YOU JOIN A GAF-ERS ACT V GAME, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT SKIP CUTSCENES OR EVEN DIALOGUE WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE BELOW 70. DON'T FUCK IT UP FOR OTHER PEOPLE!!!!

Best PSA.

Hate it when someone just burns through stuff in any MP title, especially if there are new people involved.

I need to see a female Crusader so I can make a proper decision here. ATM I have

Male Wiz (main since launch)
Female DH
Male Monk
Male Barb
Male WD

So I'm feeling like female Crusader for the sake of balance, but I've not seen any pictures of what she looks like base or geared up.

Ashodin

Moral of the story: If you want to play Act V for the story, play solo

Also, go into your options on SOCIAL -> Turn off Quick Join. So no one can enter your game without your permission

First thing i am doing is rolling a Crusader but when i do get to new act i will solo because i like to take my time and explore on my first play through on everything and everyone i know doesn't give a shit about the diablo story. They just want to burn through, grind to 70 and farm.

This is my dilemma right now, I'm wondering if I can find a group that is willing to explore.

Island

So.... Has there been any blue confirmation about getting a refund on a digital purchase after activating a physical CE? I seem to remember something similar before?

Jealous of all you currently playing and those able to play very soon! I might get 30 minutes tonight after quickly beating Diablo again to move onto Act V then its about 15hours until I can play again. Ugh.

I need to see a female Crusader so I can make a proper decision here. ATM I have

Male Wiz (main since launch)
Female DH
Male Monk
Male Barb
Male WD

So I'm feeling like female Crusader for the sake of balance, but I've not seen any pictures of what she looks like base or geared up.

Female crusaders are the best, plus their voice is kick ass. I am rolling one myself.

My physical CE has left the Amazon building! Now onto hoping the UPS guy decides to stop by at the start of his route tomorrow and not the end of it.

Gotta get that witch doctor to 70, then start in on a crusader in adventure mode.

Oh, now here is a good idea I'm stealing from someone who is currently streaming:

Get to level 70 before killing Mathael for the first time, thus getting a level 70 legendary. Probably only works by doing the reset quest feature.

mileS

Oh, now here is a good idea I'm stealing from someone who is currently streaming:

Get to level 70 before killing Mathael for the first time, thus getting a level 70 legendary. Probably only works by doing the reset quest feature.

I don't think you'd need to reset. It works like this now, if you level to 60 before you hit Diablo, he will drop a legendary when you kill him. So unless they change this you'll be fine.

br3wnor

Dumb question, but I just pre-purchased ROS, is there a pre-loading of the game download? I'm assuming it wants to download onto my PC now before the actual launch but have no idea how to do that in the Battle.net desktop program or on their website.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
I have 6 of the Act 2 key, 1 Act 1, and 1 machine I'll farm with you. HerpDerpSt #1817

Thanks for the runs, Herp. I didn't get any keys, but that's basically my key hunting luck, haha.

And thanks to Karma for the Infernal Machine runs. Again, typical luck for me when nothing drops. RoS in less than 4 hours!

PSA!!!!

IF YOU JOIN A GAF-ERS ACT V GAME, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT SKIP CUTSCENES OR EVEN DIALOGUE WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE BELOW 70. DON'T FUCK IT UP FOR OTHER PEOPLE!!!!

I'm going to solo the game the first time I play Act V, there's no way anyone is going to ruin this for me.

KarmaCow

Thanks for the runs, Herp. I didn't get any keys, but that's basically my key hunting luck, haha.

And thanks to Karma for the Infernal Machine runs. Again, typical luck for me when nothing drops. RoS in less than 4 hours!

You need the Act III drop right? I'm down for a bit of key farming after I get something to eat.

TheYanger

Thanks for the uber runs Kyouji, Prezhulio, and Ballis. Shame we didn't all the parts.

Are there any videos to compare both? I'm still unsure of what to choose.

There was some skype interview with both actors, the voice director and the script writer somewhere recently.

Radec

Dumb question, but I just pre-purchased ROS, is there a pre-loading of the game download? I'm assuming it wants to download onto my PC now before the actual launch but have no idea how to do that in the Battle.net desktop program or on their website.

Just update your game client to the latest version and it is already RoS ready.

Bnet desktop is also a way to that. Complete download, not just optimal ir playable.

I don't think you'd need to reset. It works like this now, if you level to 60 before you hit Diablo, he will drop a legendary when you kill him. So unless they change this you'll be fine.

I thought they fixed the glitch? It went from the SK to Diablo, but they liked the idea and decided to keep it, but move it from Diablo to Mathael.

KAP151

Its killing me, just sitting here.. calling my name.

Fc0zKz.jpg

...soon.

ZenaxPure

Edit: I missed your point you find seven sided strikes boring. But I just disagree on that, what makes it more boring than bells or a different damaging skill.

Well because it's like I said, without cooldown reduction (which is a very new thing) then an ability like SSS is just something on your bar you hit occasionally. It doesn't really interact with your other abilities differently than something like bells or LTK (which you already have on your bar!) If you can get enough cooldown reduction to make SSS a legit spirit dump then it becomes an awesome replacement for something like bells.

I am not missing any point at all (i'd say you are missing mine if anything), my favorite builds in the game have all been the ones where your abilities all directly interact with each other which a lot of cooldown based abilities in D3 don't really do. My point was that a lot of crusader skills look suspiciously similar to stuff like SSS, which means even with cooldown reduction if I just have 4 abilities on my bar (ignoring primary wrath generator/dump) that all have a similar function, that sounds boring to my preferred play style.

MrDaravon

Of COURSE I would craft this 4 hours before RoS hits.

UdflqLr.jpg

It's a straight 9% DPS upgrade on both of my current rings, but is also a 17% or 19% toughness loss on either. Hmm. If it's true that any hellfires that were crafted after 2.0 CAN be re-rolled, I can hopefully re-roll the life regen into Vit or AR and I'm golden though.

For those already playing RoS, how fast is the levelling to L70?

If I play on Torment 1, will I be L70 by the time I reach the last boss?

I'm hoping to get the last boss legendary at L70, for the best rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom